Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2020, 04:49 AM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times

Advertisements

Recently, the steaming pile known as the "1619 Project" was awarded the Pulitzer Prize (something about as meaningful as Obama's Nobel Peace Prize). No doubt the prize was given as a reaction to legitimate historians eviscerating said pile.

It's shocking, disconcerting, and downright depressing to know that the 1619 Project is now being taught as legitimate history in our public schools. The Left (Democrats) are now going full steam ahead to de-legitimize our very nation. If you doubted their hate for this country before, it should now be obvious and evident. They want to deracinate our very being as Americans by painting our history as nothing more than slavery and it's profits, as if there was nothing else going on, as if the brave men and women who toiled, faced hardship, persevered and built this land never even existed. The 1619 Project isn't history, it's aggressive and malicious polemic, pushed by people with an agenda and a goal. History is multifaceted, contingent and often contradictory, but the people pushing this are attempting to explain our history with one simplistic explanation.

No wonder historians are critical of it.

Old 05-15-2020, 04:57 AM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Recently, the steaming pile known as the "1619 Project" was awarded the Pulitzer Prize (something about as meaningful as Obama's Nobel Peace Prize). No doubt the prize was given as a reaction to legitimate historians eviscerating said pile.

It's shocking, disconcerting, and downright depressing to know that the 1619 Project is now being taught as legitimate history in our public schools. The Left (Democrats) are now going full steam ahead to de-legitimize our very nation. If you doubted their hate for this country before, it should now be obvious and evident. They want to deracinate our very being as Americans by painting our history as nothing more than slavery and it's profits, as if there was nothing else going on, as if the brave men and women who toiled, faced hardship, persevered and built this land never even existed. The 1619 Project isn't history, it's aggressive and malicious polemic, pushed by people with an agenda and a goal. History is multifaceted, contingent and often contradictory, but the people pushing this are attempting to explain our history with one simplistic explanation.

No wonder historians are critical of it.
The leftists are raising an entire generation of children to despise their own county. And we see the animus for our own country, by our fellow Americans, on this forum every day. Someone even recently started a thread on what is wrong with America.

Old 05-15-2020, 05:43 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The leftists are raising an entire generation of children to despise their own county. And we see the animus for our own country, by our fellow Americans, on this forum every day. Someone even recently started a thread on what is wrong with America.
I don't know anyone who despises this country. We want this country to make positive changes because we love it, not because it's despised. What an ignorant comment.

Old 05-15-2020, 05:54 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyroad70 View Post
Good article worth reading. Please read it..
https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...9_project.html
I can see value in things that happened 400 years ago, but I am a bit perplexed why the right now sees value in going back 400 years to make a point about something, when they are constantly telling blacks "That was 150 years ago".

That having been said....what is the take away from this "great article"? I suspect, without having read it yet, that....let me guess....things were not really that bad for blacks as they are made to seem....and the takeaway from this is that the condition of blacks has always been rooted in their own innate inferiority to white people....and not the result of things that white people were doing to black people.

Save the moral reputation of whites by besmirching the nature of blacks by implying their own inferiority is the blame for their problems.

Old 05-15-2020, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I don't know anyone who despises this country. We want this country to make positive changes because we love it, not because it's despised. What an ignorant comment.
Why must leftists like you ALWAYS levy an insulting personal comment. It's so unnecessary.

Old 05-15-2020, 06:10 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,385,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I can see value in things that happened 400 years ago, but I am a bit perplexed why the right now sees value in going back 400 years to make a point about something, when they are constantly telling blacks "That was 150 years ago".

That having been said....what is the take away from this "great article"? I suspect, without having read it yet, that....let me guess....things were not really that bad for blacks as they are made to seem....and the takeaway from this is that the condition of blacks has always been rooted in their own innate inferiority to white people....and not the result of things that white people were doing to black people.

Save the moral reputation of whites by besmirching the nature of blacks by implying their own inferiority is the blame for their problems.
Basically, yes, that is the claim being made.

"Although America abolished slavery over 150 years ago, it still thrives in Africa. Africa has the highest rate of enslavement in the world with nearly 10 million enslaved today. There are more than three times as many people in forced servitude today as were captured and sold during the 350-year span of the transatlantic slave trade. The truth is America’s short-lived experience with slavery pales in comparison to that which has existed for millennia around the world and particularly in Africa. Slavery is “endemic” to Africa and is a part of its DNA -- not America’s."

So in other words, slavery on American shores was not really America's problem, but Africa's and the Africans! Is it really 2020 and are these people for real?

Old 05-15-2020, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post

Huh? Just when I thought I've seen the most pretzel-twisting around, you come up with this?

So....some privileged black authors go back in time 400 years to paint a lie about America being founded on slavery, and when "the right" refutes that false claim, you berate the "right" for going back in time to refute it?

Old 05-15-2020, 06:16 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,393,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Another thread designed to legitimize slavery and racism in the US. We have yet to have a reckoning with our history of slavery and racism in this country and we're still reeling from the impact as a result.
We fought a ****ing WAR to END slavery! WTF is wrong with you!?!?

Old 05-15-2020, 06:17 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Huh? Just when I thought I've seen the most pretzel-twisting around, you come up with this?

So....some privileged black authors go back in time 400 years to paint a lie about America being founded on slavery, and when "the right" refutes that false claim, you berate the "right" for going back in time to refute it?
What does it change, in the black experience in America, whether America was FOUNDED on racism or not? Okay, I will play. Say America actually was NOT founded on racism....does that mean that America was not racist? What would this information change?

1619-1964 Period argued as span of legal black oppression in America. That is 345 years of the 401 years. That is 86% of the stay of blacks in this land, under a form of LEGAL RACIAL OPPRESSION.

So....the revision maybe that is was only a mere 300 years of legal racial oppression, of the 400 years (75%) of the existence.

Yeah...that "lie" changes everything.

Old 05-15-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
We fought a ****ing WAR to END slavery! WTF is wrong with you!?!?
Yup. And close to 400,000 Union soldiers gave their lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies