Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2019, 09:16 AM

1,411 posts, read 1,002,574 times

Advertisements

I'm a 33 yr old black male. I need someone to explain to me what's the end goal here. From now until the end of time, no white person will ever be allowed to wear black paint? The made a whole movie with black guys wearing white face. Are you telling me that a white person will never be able to do that because of something that happened decades ago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2019, 09:16 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,783,612 times
Well I guess it's that time again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfDnHKOKe3A

Old 09-20-2019, 09:23 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I'm not saying Trudeau should not be criticized or held to a lower standard.

Because I'm debating Carlson spinning Lemon's take on the situation and Trudeau's apology compared to Megyn's doesn't suggest I don't hold Trudeau accountable.

Go look at my posts. I said from the start his actions were insensitive, ignorant, wrong, racist. I never said anything less.

I do think his apology was a good one.

Whether or not the voters think that today he is able to govern is on the voter.

And whether or not Behar got to keep her job was up to her employer.

And if you see -- while i discuss how some have argued Trudeau's brown/black face is like dressing up -- I always point out that black face has more of a racial impact than just donning make up for a costume.

You guys are filling the narrative for your story.

Kelly's apology wasn't an apology. And really who cares...but it wasn't an apology.

And I still think elected leaders should be held to a different standard.

And the problem for Canadian voters. The guy running against Trudeau attended a rally predominately attended by whtie supremacists just this year. So voters have to decide between a guy who did something really stupid years ago or a guy who did something really stupid this year.
There is no spinning.

Look, you don't have to like Tucker Carlson, but he's completely right about this situation.

It was YOU who twisted Tucker Carlson's words by the way. This is what he said,

"“It’s a little like finding out your super sensitive brother-in-law the one who tells you he’s a feminist, the one who’s always scolding you for your sexism is, in fact, hitting on the babysitter,” said Carlson. “Virtue is always a cover for the sin. That’s the key to understanding the modern left. Whatever they are accusing you of doing, they are doing themselves but more enthusiastically.”

So basically, the point here is that Virtue is always a cover for the sin. People who point fingers are always the sinners themselves. It's basic human psychology. The ones who accuse their spouses of cheating are often times cheaters themselves. This is the point he wa making about Trudeau.

Old 09-20-2019, 09:24 AM

1,265 posts, read 445,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
I'm a 33 yr old black male. I need someone to explain to me what's the end goal here. From now until the end of time, no white person will ever be allowed to wear black paint? The made a whole movie with black guys wearing white face. Are you telling me that a white person will never be able to do that because of something that happened decades ago?
Sad that this country has become what it is today. I don't think anyone who has depict another race did it out of racism.

Old 09-20-2019, 09:25 AM

1,265 posts, read 445,473 times
What's next you can't dress up as a cop, firefighter, god?

Old 09-20-2019, 09:27 AM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tewest86 View Post
The end goal here is to recognize some people's double standard and not taking such a person seriously.

You and I both know that to many people, black face is a big huge deal. If it wasn't, then many people won't be fired. But when it comes to Justin Trudeau, "Oh, focus on the important issue here, nothing here to see, he apologized, cool, let's focus on Trump. Orange man bad."

This is exactly what Don Lemon was doing. lol Hilarious.

Old 09-20-2019, 09:30 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times
If you go as Shreck for Halloween, you paint your face and body green,

If you go as an Indian Chief, you paint your skin brown.

If you go as an Albino or a ghost, you paint your skin white.

If you go as Michael Jackson, you paint your skin black.

What is the big deal?

Old 09-20-2019, 09:38 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
If you go as Shreck for Halloween, you paint your face and body green,

If you go as an Indian Chief, you paint your skin brown.

If you go as an Albino or a ghost, you paint your skin white.

If you go as Michael Jackson, you paint your skin black.

What is the big deal?
careful. you're sounding just like Megyn Kelly, and she got fired.

Megyn Kelly asked 'what is racist' about blackface on Halloween

Old 09-20-2019, 09:47 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,091,461 times
I think more people should dress up in "blackface". Just because the cultural marxists have deemed it "offensive". Just to see their heads explode.

Look, just because you might color your skin, it doesn't mean you hate people you are coloring your skin to look like.

Cultural marxism is what this all is. Everybody just wanna be offended.

Old 09-20-2019, 09:51 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I'm not saying Trudeau should not be criticized or held to a lower standard.

Because I'm debating Carlson spinning Lemon's take on the situation and Trudeau's apology compared to Megyn's doesn't suggest I don't hold Trudeau accountable.

Go look at my posts. I said from the start his actions were insensitive, ignorant, wrong, racist. I never said anything less.

I do think his apology was a good one.

Whether or not the voters think that today he is able to govern is on the voter.

And whether or not Behar got to keep her job was up to her employer.

And if you see -- while i discuss how some have argued Trudeau's brown/black face is like dressing up -- I always point out that black face has more of a racial impact than just donning make up for a costume.

You guys are filling the narrative for your story.

Kelly's apology wasn't an apology. And really who cares...but it wasn't an apology.

And I still think elected leaders should be held to a different standard.

And the problem for Canadian voters. The guy running against Trudeau attended a rally predominately attended by whtie supremacists just this year. So voters have to decide between a guy who did something really stupid years ago or a guy who did something really stupid this year.

You spent all day yesterday making excuses for him.

So which is it - should he be held to a higher standard or not? Make up your mind and at least TRY to sound fair and unbiased.

Never mind, I don't think that's possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies