Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2019, 11:07 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,402,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
You are failing to follow along somehow, and that's unfortunate. It really is a "he said/she said" situation. The executive branch says that no official impeachment inquiry is taking place, the Speaker says that it is taking place and there's no evidence one way or the other. How is that not a "he said/she said" situation?
I'd say there is evidence. The fact that they're sending letters instead of actual subpoenas indicates that Congressional Democrats don't think the inquiry is official.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2019, 11:08 AM

37,313 posts, read 59,977,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
1. Not necessarily true.
2. There is no subpoena.
There was a request initially
Which the former envoy responded to and which the former ambassador apparently will respond to
There will be a subpoena issued to Sondland
He can ignore it at his own risk

Old 10-08-2019, 11:09 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,402,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Im going to have to try this in traffic court.

Me: No your honor I wasn't speeding and there was no ticket issued to me!

Cop: Ummmm... holds up the ticket

Me: That isn't a REAL ticket!

Me: Gottem'! Ima da best lawyer in the worrrld!!!
There are no subpoenas. That's a simple fact. Show us one of these things you are calling a subpoena.

Old 10-08-2019, 11:10 AM

16,766 posts, read 8,240,967 times
Subpoenas go out today.

Trump guilty and he and his attorney's know it.

Old 10-08-2019, 11:14 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,892,720 times
Quote:
There are no subpoenas. That's a simple fact. Show us one of these things you are calling a subpoena.
When the subpoenas go out today, what will be your excuse then?

Old 10-08-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
You and Trump apparently fell for the lure that the various committees dangled in front of Trump and Sondland
Because they fell into the trap and have taken action to prevent the EU Rep Sondland from testifying initially—when we have his emails and his tweets—and now are requiring a subpoena to testify—which will likely be ignored/refused—
He and Trump have just shown there is something more to hide
By not responding in a “friendly” fashion to the initial request, Trump (and the WH) and Sondland have proved they are in an adversarial position to the House Committees....
This is same thing Nixon did and it was one of the complaints lodged in the impeachment record that wasn’t actually voted on by the House—just the Impeachment Committee—since Nixon resigned before the vote...

ARTICLE III, DEFIANCE OF SUBPOENAS. (Approved 21-17)

In his conduct of the office of President of the United States, Richard M. Nixon, contrary to his oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has failed without lawful cause or excuse to produce papers and things as directed by duly authorized subpoenas issued by the Committee on the Judiciary of the House of Representatives on April 11, 1974, May 15, 1974, May 30, 1974, and June 24, 1974, and willfully disobeyed such subpoenas. ...

So Trump and his dumb WH counsel and his AG are just digging themselves a deeper pit they won’t be able to climb out of...

Old 10-08-2019, 11:16 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,644,116 times
Didn't Trump say his call to the Ukraine was a "perfect" call?
He should be happy to let everybody testify and exonerate him from the "witch hunt" RIGHT???

Old 10-08-2019, 11:19 AM

The three articles of Impeachment which were to be voted on by the complete House and then Nixon resigned and rendered impeachment moot...
Nixon impeachment articles

See how transferable to Trump much of the language is...

Old 10-08-2019, 11:20 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,719,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Yup I am upset along with millions more. If this coup ever succeeds, you will see real "upset." The right can riot and shut things down too.

I don't take your attempts to disenfranchise me lightly.
I am not writing this post lightly and it is with serious thought and actual concern for fellow Americans and our nation, that I say:

If I were you, I'd try to be more aware of who is actually trying to deprive you of your rights and privileges. Donald Trump is attempting to disenfranchise all of us: you know, we the people.

The President of the United States has decided that our national sovereignty is less significant than his own political performance. Congressional oversight of the executive branch by a co-equal branch of government is not a coup. And it is so wholly wrong for this man to tell you otherwise. Being held accountable for his lawlessness and un-American activities and personal corruption is not a coup.
It is your Constitution working for you.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 10-08-2019 at 11:39 AM..

Old 10-08-2019, 11:24 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,928,237 times
Quote:
1. Not necessarily true.
2. There is no subpoena.
There is now, if you are referring to Sondland. Nancy Pelosi just issued one, requiring him to appear.

Last edited by CraigCreek; 10-08-2019 at 12:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies