Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2020, 02:01 PM

39,922 posts, read 26,634,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
OP, why do you post negative thread topics continually ?
How is this a "negative topic"? Those on the left seem to be celebrating it.

Now, on a more general note, have you looked at the title of this forum? Politics and other controversies? This topic is both political and controversial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2020, 02:04 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,707,899 times
These threads on abortion are senseless. We are never going to change your mind, and you will never change ours.

If you really want to effect a change, set up a group that adopts these unwanted children so there would not be the need to abort ever. Every time we suggest that, crickets.

When I see 90 year old men and women on the picket line, fighting abortions, I have to laugh. They have no dog in that fight and are telling others what to do with their own lives.

Old 02-29-2020, 02:07 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,060,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
These threads on abortion are senseless. We are never going to change your mind, and you will never change ours.

If you really want to effect a change, set up a group that adopts these unwanted children so there would not be the need to abort ever. Every time we suggest that, crickets.
Uh, a lack of adopters is not the reason why many woman would opt to terminate a pregnancy. Not wanting to be pregnant is, though.

Old 02-29-2020, 02:10 PM

Quote:

When I see 90 year old men and women on the picket line, fighting abortions, I have to laugh. They have no dog in that fight and are telling others what to do with their own lives.
Older people seem to place more value on human life than younger people. As they age they see the value and wonder of human life, and have learned how fragile and precious it is. When younger, I favored abortion being legal at any time of gestation. As I have gotten older, I still favor abortion being legal, safe and rare. But I do have trouble reconciling that with taking a human life. Especially when it's not rare and used as a birth control choice of convenience.

It has served the original purpose-to limit the number of minorities born into our population.

Old 02-29-2020, 02:11 PM

1,273 posts, read 1,644,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Just an observation-those on the left seem to take a lot of pleasure in killing tiny humans.
Bunch of cells are hardly humans. What’s next...pink and blue ribbons around a fertilized cell.

Old 02-29-2020, 02:11 PM

18,438 posts, read 19,095,130 times
Quote:

Or any number of other actions that would help. Education, free or reduced birth control. Endowing after school programs.

Helping to end the overcrowded foster care system. Thousands of kids age out having languished in the system for years.

Helping mom who don’t abort with educational and job opportunities. More reduced child care.

The list goes on and on but forced birthers only care the pregnancy goes to term and is birthed

Old 02-29-2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinsey86 View Post
Bunch of cells are hardly humans. What’s next...pink and blue ribbons around a fertilized cell.
Are you saying abortions should only be allowed for the first few hours after conception?

Old 02-29-2020, 02:13 PM

386 posts, read 170,776 times
Democrats=pro-death. They will have to answer to God for this, believe me!

Old 02-29-2020, 02:14 PM

8,586 posts, read 4,830,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Just an observation-those on the left seem to take a lot of pleasure in killing tiny humans.
I’m not a leftist, but I have never observed that. My wife aborted at 16. She isn’t very emotional about it, certainly not taking any pride, but she probably would be in the proverbial ghettos of LA with more kids and more fathers had she not gone through with it.

How smart were you at 16? Hormones, raging boners, a girl who was also that hormonal. Unless you’re willing to pick up the tab, don’t tell me you think abortion should go by the wayside.

Old 02-29-2020, 02:14 PM

18,438 posts, read 19,095,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Uh, a lack of adopters is not the reason why many woman would opt to terminate a pregnancy. Not wanting to be pregnant is, though.
Adoption solves the problem of not wanting to parent. It doesn’t solve not wanting to be pregnant, give birth. Nor be a brood mare for childless folks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies