Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 01:53 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Really? What do you mean specifically? What do you think your child would be missing out on? It certainly adds stress to one's life, but I don't see how one is missing something, aside from being able to bear biological children with one's partner.
Well the whole mating/childbirth thing is quite a milestone in many lives/marriages. . . .

Admittedly, I look at the issue through hetero lenses -- and one who believes quite strongly in the traditional institution of marriage and family. It's really difficult to comprehend the differences gays face -- perhaps not as big as I suppose, perhaps much more so. It certainly appears to be a topic here. At a minimum, the financial/legal benefits still aren't equal; even social aspects are not fully accepted by most.

Regardless, love and support is the best one can do with any mature child's decision or lifestyle. Happiness and contentment being the goal. I know the PC thing is to say it's a non-issue but I wonder how many honestly feel that way.

Old 04-24-2008, 01:57 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,322,394 times
I'd tell my son or daughter to go forth and live a happy healthy life, sure of my love and support.

Just show some class. Refrain from incessantly posting gay threads on city-data forum.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:33 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,148 times
Default What would I do?

Before I say this I am not attacking anyone in this post. Remember these are MY kids not YOURS and my view of how I would react and feel about HIS/HER CHOICE!

What would you do?

First I would cry because I know as a parent I failed.

What would you say?

I wouldn't have to said anything.

Would you accept him/her as they are?

Sexual perference is a choice. I can go have sex with a monkey or a dog and that doesn't mean I'm sane.
Accepting a person because they have 1 arm is accept them as they are. Or if they have a mental handicap. That is accepting them as they are. Not sexual perferences. To me that is like saying I accept my son because he has sex with little girls or little boys because he was born with it.

Would you love him/her unconditionally?

Unconditional love means that you expect everything someone does, I'm unsure where this lie started. If my son or daughter killed someone for money, drugs, selfish choices other then in self defense I would say that my children do not deserve my love unconditionally.

Would you try to convert him/her to a heterosexual?

I shouldnt have to do any converting... but I would expect them to have done alot of soul searching and trying different types of men or women before they decide. You will find peoples phyical appearances often will match your "sexual ones".
Example if your a man find a women who look like men and are physically build like men but are straight. I believe men and women go together sexually in nature and in relationships. Individuals on the other hand look at sex as self gradification when sex is really only to procreate but I feel gays and lesbains like to ignore that fact.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:52 PM

200 posts, read 121,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
That about says it. Not much else you can do really.

Not really PC but I'll admit to wondering if I did something wrong as a parent. . . . one does miss much of what life has to offer, imo, if going through it gay. . . . but it's better than living a lie; hiding in a closet for an entire lifetime.
That's because you've probably lived your life as a straight man. I'm gay and 22, and I used to think the ideal life would be having two kids and a wife too.

Now, the thought of that is not attractive at all. I want a partner, I want no kids, and I want to travel and have adventure.

The heterosexual experience is not the only way one can live life.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:55 PM

269 posts, read 811,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Would you accept him/her as they are?

Sexual perference is a choice. I can go have sex with a monkey or a dog and that doesn't mean I'm sane.
Accepting a person because they have 1 arm is accept them as they are. Or if they have a mental handicap. That is accepting them as they are. Not sexual perferences. To me that is like saying I accept my son because he has sex with little girls or little boys because he was born with it.
Are you comparing homosexuality with bestiality and pedophilia? Really now...

Old 04-24-2008, 03:17 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slove1106 View Post
Are you comparing homosexuality with bestiality and pedophilia? Really now...

I'll tell you why. Sexual preference is choosing your sexual desires with a object, person or animal.

I choose to have sex with women because I believe that to be natures LAW and nature and my body tell me that is right.
Now I can have sex with a dog or animal if I so choose or a blow up doll.
I can have sex with a tree or anything else and I tell my brain it can do. But then my mind tells me that is wrong and not normal. My choice would be to stop that action. Some men belong to nambla where they believe is natural for them to have sex with little boys. So they have choosen to do such an act which is sexual as well. Homosexuality is also a sexual choice and I use these choices because I like to point out many other people in this world choose other options. Please don't ignore the ones who like sex with objects and those people do exist. That is a sexual choice and some people even go out in public holding the object they love and have sex with. I guess my point is when you say bestiality and pedophilia is wrong which a MAJORITY say is wrong. WHY can't the MAJORITY say Gay sex is wrong too and not be called bigots. Are you then not a bigot for being against the people in nambla or those who have sex with dogs. WHO made you judge or maybe society is backwards and we should just ACCEPT people for who THEY ARE!!!

Old 04-24-2008, 03:24 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,827,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trnmeon View Post
That's because you've probably lived your life as a straight man. I'm gay and 22, and I used to think the ideal life would be having two kids and a wife too.

Now, the thought of that is not attractive at all. I want a partner, I want no kids, and I want to travel and have adventure.

The heterosexual experience is not the only way one can live life.
That is true. I see life through the prism of my own experiences/desires and tend to want similar or better for my children.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:29 PM

646 posts, read 1,787,491 times
Quote:
I'll tell you why. Sexual preference is choosing your sexual desires with a object, person or animal.

I choose to have sex with women because I believe that to be natures LAW and nature and my body tell me that is right.
I can have sex with a tree or anything else and I tell my brain it can do. But then my mind tells me that is wrong and not normal. My choice would be to stop that action. Some men belong to nambla where they believe is natural for them to have sex with little boys. So they have choosen to do such an act which is sexual as well. Homosexuality is also a sexual choice and I use these choices because I like to point out many other people in this world choose other options. Please don't ignore the ones who like sex with objects and those people do exist. That is a sexual choice and some people even go out in public holding the object they love and have sex with. I guess my point is when you say bestiality and pedophilia is wrong which a MAJORITY say is wrong. WHY can't the MAJORITY say Gay sex is wrong too and not be called bigots. Are you then not a bigot for being against the people in nambla or those who have sex with dogs. WHO made you judge or maybe society is backwards and we should just ACCEPT people for who THEY ARE!!!
Yikes, this is a bit scary. To you, it sounds like homosexuality is purely a choice, and I won't even try to convince you of otherwise, but when people somehow try to say that homosexuality is the same a pedophilia, it is quite easy to see the difference. Pedophilia is when someone is taken advantage of someone else and hurting them, it's a one-way relationship if you want. Homosexuality is not harming the other person, it is two people who are both consenting, so that is why I simply can't see anything wrong with it. It is not about telling your brain what to do, that is something completely different.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:33 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,635,558 times
Quote:

I have to disagree with your assertation that everyone can have sex with anything/everyone, and that it is a conscience decision to limit oneself to a certain sex/specie. I don't believe that is the case at all. Could you have sex with another man? I know I couldn't have sex with another woman, it doesn't appeal to me at all and I would find it gross. I understand from gay men that they are equelly repelled by the thought of sleeping with a woman. They can't do it anymore then I could sleep with a woman. As my four year old son would say "Icky".

So, basically unless you are telling the world that you are holding yourself back from ravishing the dog/picnic table/that nice young man down at the VFW, your theory is hopelessly flawed and just wrong.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:40 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,134,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
But you'd want to see your son or daughter having sex if they were straight? I'm puzzled.
I wouldn't want to see my son or daughter have sex in my house either (whether they were straight). It's not that I don't believe gays shouldn't get married or have sex, I just don't want to see it because it's disgusting. I'm not saying sex is disgusting, I'm saying gays having sex is disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies