Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 08:13 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,142,139 times

Advertisements

This isn't something that I like to throw out there because it can be a strong and often unfair indictment, but some of the posters in this thread are just insane.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:27 PM

1,725 posts, read 3,115,810 times
I will ditto your comment and refer you to my post regarding mental illness above.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:58 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,136,166 times
What if your son was a transexual married to a female?

Old 04-24-2008, 09:01 PM

1,240 posts, read 3,971,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I'm waiting for a good friend's son to tell his parents he is gay. I am certain they will be distressed but also certain they will not disown him.

The post by twilomike is about a self centered and mean as I have ever read. Being more worried about you own status and pride instead of you son's happiness is really pitiful.
Greg, I thought I wrote enough absurd sarcasm in my post to make it obviously a joke... but I guess there are enough people in this world who make this joke not obvious.

I'm a card carrying member of the Glitter People of America (I just made that up). Total homo with no self-hatred and I would certainly not do anything like that toward my kid if he turned out gay.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Before I say this I am not attacking anyone in this post. Remember these are MY kids not YOURS and my view of how I would react and feel about HIS/HER CHOICE!

What would you do?

First I would cry because I know as a parent I failed.
It's sweet that you'd try to assume the guilt but there is really no reason for it: there is nothing at all to suggest that gays are made so due to their parents' parenting skills or methods.

Quote:
What would you say?

I wouldn't have to said anything.

Would you accept him/her as they are?

Sexual perference is a choice. I can go have sex with a monkey or a dog and that doesn't mean I'm sane.

You certainly aren't understanding what sexual orientation is. It's not about whom you have sex with- it's about whom you desire to have sex with, whom you desire to form relationships with, spend your whole life. The way you are attracted to the opposite sex, that's what gays feel toward their own sex. It's not a choice: I have firsthand knowledge of this. We don't choose which sex to be attracted to. Did you?

Quote:
Accepting a person because they have 1 arm is accept them as they are. Or if they have a mental handicap. That is accepting them as they are. Not sexual perferences. To me that is like saying I accept my son because he has sex with little girls or little boys because he was born with it.
Again, you're missing the point. Sexual orientation is precisely like any other inborn trait. The homosexual can't do anything about it: every attempt at conversion I'm aware of and that's been written about ends up one of two ways: 1- strong denial and pretend heterosexuality or 2- a realization that sexual orientation doesn't change and a life without pretending to be something one isn't.

Quote:
Would you love him/her unconditionally?

Unconditional love means that you expect everything someone does, I'm unsure where this lie started. If my son or daughter killed someone for money, drugs, selfish choices other then in self defense I would say that my children do not deserve my love unconditionally.
I'm not sure where you're going with that.

Quote:
Would you try to convert him/her to a heterosexual?

I shouldnt have to do any converting... but I would expect them to have done alot of soul searching and trying different types of men or women before they decide. You will find peoples phyical appearances often will match your "sexual ones".
Example if your a man find a women who look like men and are physically build like men but are straight. I believe men and women go together sexually in nature and in relationships. Individuals on the other hand look at sex as self gradification when sex is really only to procreate but I feel gays and lesbains like to ignore that fact.
How attracted are you to feminine looking guys? Would you have sex with them? Would you build a family with them? I doubt you would.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:14 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Personally I think lesbians are cool. I was raised in a very patriarchal family and religion. I have REAL issues with men in general as a result. I am a feminist and I like the idea of living life without having a man to tell you what to do.
I have watched things about how they live and it seems like a good life. Think about how different men and women are mentally, it seems to make sense that mentally two women would be able to get along alot better.
I don't believe in forcing your own ideas on your child. Living vicariously through your child is just proof you shouldn't have had them to begin with. I am trying to teach my daughter how to be a good person, to have compassion, to be a functioning member of society and contribute, if she is a lesbian along with all that then good for her.
She is 11 now and she has watched programs on LOGO with me, she has seen the struggles that some people have had to go through because of their sexual orientation. There is a show called "In the Life", I highly recommend it to anyone who would like to see what I'm talking about.
If my daughter is a lesbian, I have no more problem with her showing her affection for her female partner then I would if she had a male partner.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:15 PM

Quote:
I'll tell you why. Sexual preference is choosing your sexual desires with a object, person or animal.
Can you choose to be attracted to men? Why or why not? What makes you think that homosexuals can choose any more than you can?

Quote:
I choose to have sex with women because I believe that to be natures LAW and nature and my body tell me that is right.
You just jumped to a wholly different set of criteria. Whom you choose to have sex with is NOT the same as whom you are actually attracted to. Sexual orientation is whom you are ATTRACTED to. Homosexuality is same-sex ATTRACTION, not just the act.

Quote:
Now I can have sex with a dog or animal if I so choose or a blow up doll.
I can have sex with a tree or anything else and I tell my brain it can do. But then my mind tells me that is wrong and not normal. My choice would be to stop that action. Some men belong to nambla where they believe is natural for them to have sex with little boys. So they have choosen to do such an act which is sexual as well. Homosexuality is also a sexual choice and I use these choices because I like to point out many other people in this world choose other options. Please don't ignore the ones who like sex with objects and those people do exist. That is a sexual choice and some people even go out in public holding the object they love and have sex with. I guess my point is when you say bestiality and pedophilia is wrong which a MAJORITY say is wrong. WHY can't the MAJORITY say Gay sex is wrong too and not be called bigots. Are you then not a bigot for being against the people in nambla or those who have sex with dogs. WHO made you judge or maybe society is backwards and we should just ACCEPT people for who THEY ARE!!!
See above.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:16 PM

2,935 posts, read 5,001,068 times
Quote:
Forced sex, consentng adults and choices.
I am comparing people make choices and act on those chooses. Even people who have orgies still make those choices even if it's straight sex and consenting. The point I am making is for 2 men to screw each other in the butt has no biological reason in nature. The butt is an exit only and waste comes out of it. You do have sperm for a reason and that sperm is suppose to go in a woman's vagina not in the belly of another man. I guess my point is you can make your choices and I will make mine but please don't tell me and or most importantly try and educate me on how you believe this to be normal and openly accepted. Please don't expect me to accept your choices in the form of laws and most importantly do not teach my Children that is also normal. If it was normal and natural then 50% of people would be gay and the reality is the number isnt that high. Also with all the animals in nature how many are gay couples for life and or even gay together beside the fact that a dog will hump a leg which also goes to show you animals and people will do anything for sex. Also the reason you have a sex drive to begin with is because you are suppose to reproduce. No reproducing going on in the butt last time I check. So God or any other science reason must have given you a sex drive to reproduce not for gay love.
You're so descriptive. If a woman is unfertile does having sex with her become unnatural? There are many "gay" animals actually, you should look it up, you might be surprised.

Old 04-24-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Forced sex, consentng adults and choices.
Attraction is not a choice.

Quote:
I am comparing people make choices and act on those chooses.
When did you choose to have heterosexual attraction? What other options did you have?

Quote:
The point I am making is for 2 men to screw each other in the butt has no biological reason in nature.
Really? Here's a National Geographic video for you. I know you said later in your post that you don't wish to be educated but give it a try: a little learning can go a long way.
YouTube - Homosexuality in Animals

Quote:
The butt is an exit only and waste comes out of it.
So is a penis. How often does that find its way into your wife's/girlefriend's non-reproductive orifice? I'm talking about the mouth.

Quote:
You do have sperm for a reason and that sperm is suppose to go in a woman's vagina not in the belly of another man.
Back to the mouth question. Reject blow jobs much?

Quote:
I guess my point is you can make your choices and I will make mine but please don't tell me and or most importantly try and educate me on how you believe this to be normal and openly accepted.
How what is normal and accepted? Anal sex? Oral sex? Homosexuality? You're not very clear here.

Quote:
Please don't expect me to accept your choices in the form of laws and most importantly do not teach my Children that is also normal. If it was normal and natural then 50% of people would be gay and the reality is the number isnt that high.
I take it blonds aren't normal or natural because obviously 50% of people aren't blond (fake blonds don't count). Lefties are neither normal nor natural also, right? Why 50%? What magic is in that figure?

Quote:
Also with all the animals in nature how many are gay couples for life and or even gay together beside the fact that a dog will hump a leg which also goes to show you animals and people will do anything for sex.
The above sentence makes no sense. Care to elaborate what you mean?

Quote:
Also the reason you have a sex drive to begin with is because you are suppose to reproduce.
Gays reproduce. Now what? Just because people reproduce doesn't mean that they have any desire to live with their reproductive other.

Quote:
No reproducing going on in the butt last time I check. So God or any other science reason must have given you a sex drive to reproduce not for gay love.
See above.

Old 04-24-2008, 10:11 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,227,257 times
Gee, just like being back in 8th grade.

Thead closed, try Relationships Forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies