Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 10:19 AM

289 posts, read 143,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
Many will speak up in November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 10:19 AM

30,396 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Blacks should apologize and make amends for their racism and super high crime rate.

Old 06-15-2020, 10:20 AM

2,180 posts, read 641,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare

I don’t agree with it because I didn’t say much on social media and don’t expect my friends to be political, generally I think it’s divisive, but the “white silence” is most targeted at a suburban/urban white Gen Zer/Millenial who actively messes with all things “black” but says nothing about black people and politics.

Contemporary American black politics is trash.

If "black politics" is spending time focusing on the dozen or so unjustified police interactions (usually with black cops, btw)... while ignoring the problem of disproportionate black criminality, then it's not worthy of attention. While cities burned, more black people were killed in riots alone than in police interactions the entire year. Whites are under a constant disproportionate threat of being victimized by black people. And yet we have to pretend that black people are being hunted in the streets.

Black politics are lies and miseducation. Propaganda.

The entire country is expected to not say or believe things we all know is true. And no matter what is done, ole' YT is gonna be blamed.

Just like when black politicians rallied in the 80s and 90s for strict drug sentencing, more policing, etc.... and then fast forward 30 years and it's whitey's fault. Black politicians and intellectuals are most always sad cliches drenched in a Kool-Aid with Marxist foundations.

Black Lives won't matter to white people until they matter to black people. Which is exactly the point trying to be put across by many.

The black community's problems start AT HOME. As Jordan Peterson says, clean your own damned room first before you try to change the world.

The rest of the country is looking in, knowing the truths we're all afraid to say, and are just smiling and nodding at this point.

You're lucky silence is the biggest pushback you've received so far for this absolute embarrassing overstep by "black politicians," and that most people are patting y'all on the head and assuaging this outburst.

Old 06-15-2020, 10:22 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,696,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
So true. This is how most white people think but it seems that most black kids are raised to fear the Police and white people regardless of the situation, heck Lebron James said that he has "no use for white people" so what kind of message is that? It is certainly not one of colour blind unity.

I think the majority of the country saw Floyds death as wake up call for change against terrible use of Police force and outright murder and then the riots started.

It is easy to feel empathy for the plight of some black people that do draw the short stick in our society when they bump into police but the empathy evaporates when you see the videos of those young black people looting, burning and destroying public and private property.

Nothing says "what a bunch of animals" then seeing white and black kids dancing on a trashed police car.

White people are tired of the riots because we just don't get how the murder of a criminal would incite the mob to trash their own neighborhood but even worse is when they tell us that Black Lives Matter but no one cares when a black punk shoots another black person. ?
To be fair that's taken out of context. He said that in response to when he was in high school. I don't like Lebron but if I don't want things to be taken out of context for white people I need to do the same for others.

Old 06-15-2020, 10:22 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,180,106 times
Quote:
So what are your thoughts?
I'm think they could pick a better poster-child.

If you're going to resist arrest, it's logical to assume cops are going to react with a beat-down to keep you from resisting.

It's also logical to assume that some cops might over-react.

That's how bad things happen.

If someone doesn't resist and still gets a beat-down, you have my full attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
On the other hand where are black voices when whites are killed by blacks?
Which Whites would that be?

It's rare for a Black to kill a White.

Blacks represent 13.2% of the population but you only have a 4.89% chance of being killed.

Black males are 5.9% of the population. It's normal for females to outnumber males in any population, but Black females outnumber Black males in the US due to the high mortality rate of Black males.

Although only 13.2%, Blacks commit 54.9% of the homicides and the Black males that are only 5.9% of the population commit 54.6%. The other 0.3% are committed by Black females (who commit homicide at a significantly lower rate than White females).

Non-Hispanic Whites are 63.1% of the population and commit 42.3% of homicides and for every 10 homicides it's 8.7 White men and 1.3 White females. A White killing a Black is even rarer than a Black killing a White.

I would be more impressed if BLM addressed the issue of Blacks killing Blacks, but very obviously, that is not part of their agenda and something they refuse to acknowledge.

Old 06-15-2020, 10:23 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I think a lot of y’all are missing the point. First let me point out I don’t say zilch politically on any of my real social media I.e attached to my real name with my real pictures on them, and don’t expect anyone I know to say anything.

What people are talking about when they say white silence is those under 35 who listen to rap music or other predominantly black genres, support black culture in various ways are friends with tons of black people and see all their black and white friends posting BLM stuff and they don’t say anything.

Those of you over 40 who don’t have many black friends and aren’t listening to hip hop or R and B are not whose getting critiqued here, definitely not Facebook users, more instagram and Snapchat users and twitter to a lesser extent.

I don’t agree with it because I didn’t say much on social media and don’t expect my friends to be political, generally I think it’s divisive, but the “white silence” is most targeted at a suburban/urban white Gen Zer/Millenial who actively messes with all things “black” but says nothing about black people and politics.

Anyone who’s under 35 in urban/suburban America knows that it’s literally impossible to avoid the BLM movement on social media so if you say nothing yet your hyperactive on social media what are your friends black and white supposed to think of your views on black folk.

This is were SJWs say something along the lines of “some white people (meaning young white people) like to put on black culture but will never speak for black people”, if your out here saying “no cap”, “bruh” and other slang terms and you wear Yeezys and Jordan’s and your playlist is more “melanated” than mine (I would say 50-65% of the music I listen to are black artists from around the world, the rest are mostly White Americans/Brits and Japanese).
Well, truly I cant be called young. I'm living in what I see as a city at the moment, not by choice, but its considered as a rural area. I've had two Black friends in my whole life and they have both passed.

I dont "mess with" anything Black as in music, clothing what have you though I do have an old recipe one of my departed friends gave me for an a$$ kicking BBQ sauce. Only recipe for anything I have actually used. I always wing it making stuff like that.

This is an old family recipe. Does that count as "messing with" Black things? Seriously though I see your point there. All these White youngsters running around dressed in clothes 3 sizes or better to big, boxers pulled up their crack, ball caps turned sideways with gangsta rap blaring out their base heavy stereos in their spinner rimmed cars you think would have something to contribute to the "cause."

Since they all are very active on their social media pages. Whatever format they favor. Perhaps many of them are looking at themselves and realizing how contradictory their look is considering their background.

Realizing that no matter how hard they try to look the part they're a square peg in a round hole. Lol, yeah, looking the part, talking the talk and playing the role isnt actually living it.

And the lines between reality and fiction have been redrawn and solidified.

Old 06-15-2020, 10:27 AM

24,650 posts, read 9,477,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I’m just living my life. Being a part of this little revolution is not in my life plan.
What’s the problem? You don’t like arson and looting in the name of a race narrative, when in reality you’re just unemployed and bored because the clubs, theme parks, and fun have yet to open due to a scamdemic?

Old 06-15-2020, 10:31 AM

4,512 posts, read 1,867,464 times
Hey OP, they don’t call us the silent majority for no reason.

Have fun with your riots, looting and internet virtue signaling. We see right through it, we do not support you, and we will all come together and use our power to vote against you.

Old 06-15-2020, 10:32 AM

26,513 posts, read 15,092,794 times
Quote:
Black people across the country have taken to the streets and to their social media feeds to plead through protest that "black lives matter" and "enough is enough." But amidst all the noise and all the hashtags, many say there is nothing quite as deafening as "white silence."

Because for all the people who have flooded social media with George Floyd's name, Ahmaud Arbery's image and countless heartbreaking personal anecdotes of racism in action, there are just as many – and possibly even more – who have borne witness to the pain in black communities and chosen to say nothing.

"It's incredibly hurtful," said Broadway star Jelani Alladin. "And you're telling me that you have no hesitation posting a selfie of yourself... or what you're eating for dinner, and yet you're telling me that you're afraid to say something because you might hurt other people's feelings? Or you don't know what to say? Or you don't have an audience to reach? Were you thinking those things when you posted the other photos? I don't think you were."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-s...-saying-a-lot/

So what are your thoughts?
Mirror:

Quote:
Law abiding people across the country have worked hard to get ahead and delayed gratification to try and build a business or some wealth. But amidst all the rioting, doxing, looting, arson, many say there is nothing quite as deafening as "liberal silence."

Because for all the people who are good honest people that believe in non-violent protest and peace including to end police brutality, there are just as many – and possibly even more – who have borne witness to the lawlessness and trampling of the 1st Amendment and chosen to say nothing.

"It's incredibly hurtful," said people who believe in the Constitution. People losing jobs over contrary thoughts or words. Arson, looting, rioting. Small businesses, homes, wealth being destroyed that had nothing to do with Floyd. If you speak out against it or any liberal position you get screamed down, attacked, silenced, and they come for your job. If you oppose more freebies because of debt or small government beliefs you get demonized as being cruel and heartless. This is not democracy.

Old 06-15-2020, 10:34 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,550,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUtoTX View Post
Many will speak up in November.

Yes indeed! I am going to the Republican Party HQ for my county today to see what I can do as a volunteer. I have never taken any kind of steps towards doing any campaigning, but this year it's different.

We will speak in November.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies