Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 03:41 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Seems some of you are reacting to the headlines, instead of actually reading the article:

The US military is drawing up plans for a “surgical strike” against an insurgent training camp inside Iran if Republican Guards continue with attempts to destabilise Iraq, western intelligence sources said last week. One source said the Americans were growing increasingly angry at the involvement of the Guards’ special-operations Quds force inside Iraq, training Shi’ite militias and smuggling weapons into the country.
and we are supposed to believe that? After the WMDs fiasco I wouldn't believe crap out of the Bush administration. Iran is a threat to ISRAEL not us. We are doing Isreal's dirty work point blank. Wake up people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 03:43 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
and we are supposed to believe that? After the WMDs fiasco I wouldn't believe crap out of the Bush administration. Iran is a threat to ISRAEL not us. We are doing Isreal's dirty work point blank. Wake up people.
So, you reframed the original issue and then posted a negative response, like many other posters.

Assuming the original limited objective was true, would you still have the same sentiment?

Old 05-05-2008, 03:44 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,066,605 times
If we leave Iraq, what happens in Iran doesn't matter.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:46 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,971,196 times
I just think it's sad that some people on this board are praying and hoping for an attack in a desperate hope to lower gas prices. Many of these people are likely in debt to the hilt (although they'll tell you things are GREAT with them anonymously), commute too many miles in a car too big for them to afford filling up.

Old 05-05-2008, 03:48 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
So, you reframed the original issue and then posted a negative response, like many other posters.

Assuming the original limited objective was true, would you still have the same sentiment?
NewtoCa do you realize that if you do a surgical strike on Iran it is tantamount to war? If iran launched a missile into a US military base here in the US what would you think? We are not the world's police but a lot of you seem to think so and then wonder why crap like 9/11 happened!

Old 05-05-2008, 04:01 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
NewtoCa do you realize that if you do a surgical strike on Iran it is tantamount to war? If iran launched a missile into a US military base here in the US what would you think? We are not the world's police but a lot of you seem to think so and then wonder why crap like 9/11 happened!
The Iranians are directly supporting the attacks on, and killing of, American servicemembers.

We have the obligation to these servicemember to eliminate that outside threat.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:15 PM

15 posts, read 27,849 times
I only read the first and last pages in this thread. First of all, I'm an American, but I have an open mind and I'm not subject to propoganda. The way I see it, we just need to leave these countries the hell alone. Going to Iran and bothering them, or North Korea, or any other country for that matter is like walking across the street to someone else's house and telling them how to live just because you have the biggest and most expensive house in the neighbourhood and a higher income than anyone else (the USA is currently the most powerful country in the world, so that's just a metaphorical example). I'm sorry, but when you do that, even if those other people in that house are known to be mean and cause problems, if they aren't messing with you, leave them the hell alone and tend to your own business and cut out the foolish behavior like you're the world police. Because if you do mess with them then you WILL have problems. What happens when you do that garbage in real life? You either get your butt kicked our you might even catch a bullet. In those other countries these people are going to either attack you for invading their space because they are human just like anyone else, or they're going to wait until you do attack and you're going to be in for a rude awakening. Don't think just because you're some hot shot who's got it made that you're somehow magically immune to a butt whooping and a busted lip. Examples...Vietnam...9/11. These people are NOT little dogs who you can just kick around, they WILL fight back and they WILL hurt you, and they are NOT afraid to do it. If people in another country are being treated like pure trash by their leaders, don't get involved with it, let it go, it's none of your business to begin with! We need to stop trying to be a pseudo-superhero or a bully who thinks they are justified in pushing someone else around because WE dont like what they're doing while we can do whatever the hell we want. Oh, but if someone starts talking about the USA and how the USA shouldn't be doing this and that, well, our leaders are like "hey you can't say that!". Double standards, inconsistencies...stupid behavior. Other examples in history of foreign nations putting their foot on someone else's neck that are disgraceful and sickening are what Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Portrugal, Britian, and other European nations did to several places in Africa by colonizing...just going there to bother someone who didn't do ANYTHING to them. Countless wars and tremendous amounts of bloodshed on both sides (they didn't have guns, but it didn't matter, the Europeans suffered plenty of one-sided massacres; like I said before, you corner someone, and think you can just bully them, you will be in for a rude awakening). Then there's Britian messing with India. There are a myraid amount of other examples but I don't need to mention them because I'm sure you get the idea by now.

If someone thinks that this makes me un-American, then so be it. Keep right on thinking. You can THINK all you want. But, personally, I KNOW what is right, what is proper, and what is moral. And most leaders just aren't doing this. I'm not anti-(insert name of any other country here) and I don't hate my country. But that doesn't mean I agree with what other countries do, because I see that a lot of their leaders are idiots. It also doesn't mean that I have to agree with what the USA does just because I am an American, or fall victim to propoganda that's constantly thrown around because our leaders WANT us to believe their garbage. We have a bunch of idiots in leadership right now, and I can see that they are idiots.

That's all I have to say about that.

Old 05-05-2008, 04:31 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The Iranians are directly supporting the attacks on, and killing of, American servicemembers. We have the obligation to these servicemember to eliminate that outside threat.
That didn't seem to be quite so much of an obligation when it amounted to providing things like adequate body armor, protected vehicles, flashlight batteries, and silly-string. Running into people who mean to do you harm, by the way, is one of the things that can mysteriously happen when you decide to start a war. Would the Soviets have been warranted in nuking New York for our having poured all those billions of dollars worth of aid into the cause of the Afghan "Freedom Fighters"? Can't say as I see a whole lot of difference between that idea and half the ones being put forward here. Maybe some people are just too short to see through the tall grass. Seems like they still want to bark out directions for which way to go, though....

Old 05-05-2008, 05:00 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Relieve them of their command.

Replace them
And that's precisely what Hitler did and look at what happened to him and Germany.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:11 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times
Meanwhile, I find it strange and unfortunate that in order to feel great that ever since the Korean War the USA has felt it necessary to use its military to pick on 3rd and 4th rate countries.

For those who want all out war unleashed against Iran keep in mind that waging war costs money. Bullets don't grow in bunches on grapevines. Do you support raising taxes to pay for war?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies