Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 12:56 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,173,318 times

Advertisements

The pandemic has revealed the strong divisions, not caused them, IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2021, 01:00 PM

5,490 posts, read 3,931,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Draper View Post
I agree with another poster who said the Pandemic is yet another excuse for the divide. Why should it be political? Well, the esteemed Andrew Cuomo for one made it political and then patted himself on the back for all the nursing home deaths on his watch. But it shouldn't be political, yet politicians make it so. Trump would have won had his advisors not mishandled this in the beginning. Fauci couldn't make up his mind if masks were useful. Now he says to wear several??? I mean really?

I've just used common sense. Its not political for me, but it does appear to me that Democrats were terrified and Republicans weren't. Hence all the mail in ballots by democrats and Republicans showing up in person to vote.

The smart answer of how to handle it is in the middle, common sense. 15 days to slow the spread has turned into what, 330 and counting? 3 years to slow the spread if our dementia patient President has any say.
If it shouldn't be political, why was your entire post political? Something this significant is never going to be apolitical....

Old 02-10-2021, 01:07 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,360,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert473 View Post
Has anybody notice the COVID Pandemic has caused society to turn against each other?
This aging biologist thinks it may be speciation?

Ha! Do evolutionists still use that term?

Old 02-10-2021, 01:15 PM

928 posts, read 499,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogarven View Post
I am very suspicious of Fauci or any govt leaders. There have been credible sources that have differing opinions and I will not discount them in favor of the CDC and especially WHO. Yes, I do wear a mask when going in public buildings but not when I am outside walking. I will take the shots when they call me ( I am on the list).

Biden did weaponize the virus to his advantage. I also agree that this country has been divided way before Trump as well. GWB and Gore or maybe even the Viet Nam war was beginning of this. The circus going on in Washington is certainly not helping matters or going to convince the 74 + million that voted for Trump to forget him. Sleepy Joe is not going to be any "uniter". He is mostly giving the third finger to those Trump voters.
Well said and spot on!!! Sleepy Joe just wants to destroy all the good Trump did. He also wants to focus more on illegal immigrants, many of whom are criminals and help them over Americans who need jobs. Wonderful. Ready to turn into Venezuela?

Old 02-10-2021, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
If it shouldn't be political, why was your entire post political? Something this significant is never going to be apolitical....
It was to show the media (I did leave the leftist media out, my bad) and politicians made it that way by giving specific examples.

Old 02-10-2021, 01:45 PM

5,490 posts, read 3,931,751 times
Quote:
It was to show the media (I did leave the leftist media out, my bad) and politicians made it that way by giving specific examples.
You cited politicians whom you disagree(d) with and their reactions/actions while in office--that is to say, you made a political critique. The pandemic was always going to have to be dealt with in some way by the state and was thus unavoidably political. The media and politicians themselves are not the ones who 'bear responsibility' for 'making it political', as it'd be an abdication of duty for either entity to not respond to this crisis in some way. So, none of these people are to blame for 'making it political', as it was going to be a political issue from the beginning.

Old 02-10-2021, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Marcinkiewicz View Post
You cited politicians whom you disagree(d) with and their reactions/actions while in office--that is to say, you made a political critique. The pandemic was always going to have to be dealt with in some way by the state and was thus unavoidably political. The media and politicians themselves are not the ones who 'bear responsibility' for 'making it political', as it'd be an abdication of duty for either entity to not respond to this crisis in some way. So, none of these people are to blame for 'making it political', as it was going to be a political issue from the beginning.
You're entitled to your opinion. I guess health of the country (physical) is sort of a political issue when it comes to healthcare, but I wasn't directly referring to that except for the awful management by Cuomo who patted himself on the back after killing many elderly people by sending ones with COVID back to nursing homes. But the so-called experts had no clue and used Trump as a scapegoat. There's your politics in action. If we had a decent healthcare system in place, it "shouldn't" be political. Neither political party took it seriously enough and then they turned it political. Furthermore, dems (in democrat districts) wanted full control over the country by ruining peoples careers and forcing them to stay home when it wasn't necessary while allowing riots without masks or any consequences whatsoever. Now they want to prosecute everyone who entered the Capitol, but not those who tore down statues and destroyed property and walked around with gun for months and months.

Anyway, I'll bet it wasn't political in 1918, but I can't say for sure...

Old 02-10-2021, 03:54 PM

362 posts, read 143,995 times
Society was turning against each other way beforehand. It has more to do with people attempting to push degeneracy and race baiting.

Old 02-10-2021, 08:49 PM

8,672 posts, read 3,874,206 times
Quote:
He's (and other politicians) made it political, but it shouldn't be.
Except I responded to/quoted you. Or are you stating you're a politician now? :-)

Old 02-10-2021, 09:05 PM

1,093 posts, read 581,235 times
I noticed this almost as soon as the pandemic started. Right away, you had people giving others guilt trips for so much as leaving their house. Some of them were vicious. Seriously, it doesn't help. Nobody is going to change their behavior because they got insulted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies