Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2022, 08:12 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,257,977 times

Advertisements

Not if they increase the federal budget for social services. They can make it work by increased funding. Nothing is impossible.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:13 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,795,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
not if they increase the federal budget for social services. they can make it work by increased funding. Nothing is impossible.
Absolutely Not.

I don't want MY tax dollars going to some faceless bureaucrat for them to waste on "social services" that yielded ZERO results for 3 generations.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert648 View Post
I'll mind my own damn business as soon as you leftards stay the hell out of my wallet.
Get ready for a bigger percentage taken out. Poor babies are expensive, especially babies in foster care. It is what it is. More tax credits for children, more money on WIC, more free preschool facilities like head start because of increased demand. Babies and toddlers are expensive and if a parent is below income, the cost falls on the government or on private donations.
More drug addicted babies staying with in the hospital longer - increased Medicare costs. More expensive baby formula paid for by the us government because Of unhealthy babies. The budget needs to increase substaintslly to fill this need. We can’t have babies and children suffering because their parents can’t afford to take care of them. That’s not who we are as a nation.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Get ready for a bigger percentage taken out. Poor babies are expensive, especially babies in foster care. It is what it is. More tax credits for children, more money on WIC, more free preschool facilities like head start because of increased demand. Babies and toddlers are expensive and if a parent is below income, the cost falls on the government or on private donations.
The babies have parents. Their baby, their problem. No more subsidizing children. End of Story.

I get taxed too much already. I'm all tapped out.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:20 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'm a man not a woman! Again, when a woman becomes sexually active and doesn't want to get pregnant why doesn't she prepare herself ahead of time for her intense passions? Birth control pills will cover you everday of the week for those who don't know when their intense passions will take over. You and yours never answer that question. You just constantly make excuses for their irresponibility.
It takes two to get pregnant. Why don't men always wear a condom. Why blame it on women and make excuses for men's irresponsibility.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:22 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,765,593 times
Abortion peaked in the US in 1980.

The number of Medicaid paid for births has exploded. The percentage of births paid for by Medicaid exceeds 50% in 5 states with many states inching closer every year.

It is reasonable to assume the states will need to support most of these children for the next 18 years.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:26 PM

Quote:
The babies have parents. Their baby, their problem. No more subsidizing children. End of Story.

I get taxed too much already. I'm all tapped out.
Not all parents decide to keep their babies. Even less so if they never wanted them in the first place or they simply can not afford it or they are severely disabled.
Then guess what happens to the child.
Maybe people like you will step up and adopt- even so, the government subsidizes (pays) for those adopting and that budget item adds up. They pay a lot if the child is disabled and adopted. Cha Ching

Old 05-12-2022, 08:27 PM

Quote:
It all parents decide to keep their babies. Even less so if they never wanted them in the first place or they simply can not afford it.
Then guess what happens to the child.
Maybe people like you will step up and adopt- even so, the government subsidizes (pays) for those adopting and that budget item adds up. They pay a lot if the child is disabled and adopted.
Maybe people should step up and be responsible for their own economic circumstances instead of passing on the consequences of their mistakes to everyone but themselves. If you want to have (consensual) sex with whomever you want, you assume the risk of a baby being created from that act.

For the record, I don't really care, at least during the first two trimesters. Once you enter the final trimester, the baby's a human and should be protected as a human life - in the case of medical necessity, you do what you can to also save the child. You had 6 months to change your mind.

I already pay tens of thousands of dollars in taxes subsidizing other people's children. Pay for your own damn kids and stay the hell away from my wallet. If the Government wasted my money, that's on the government. I pay too much already.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:32 PM

Quote:
If they want to abort babies up until the child turns 97, then abolish child support.

Her body, her choice/His wallet, his choice. It's only fair.
Can’t get blood from a stone.
What makes you think the father has the money to support the child? Especially if he had many many childen by many different women?
And what makes you think the father is even on the birth certificate.
This is reality now.
This will become even more common when abortion is not an option.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Maybe people should step up and be responsible for their own economic circumstances instead of passing on the consequences of their mistakes to everyone but themselves. If you want to have (consensual) sex with whomever you want, you assume the risk of a baby being created from that act.

For the record, I don't really care, at least during the first two trimesters. Once you enter the final trimester, the baby's a human and should be protected as a human life - in the case of medical necessity, you do what you can to also save the child. You had 6 months to change your mind.

I already pay tens of thousands of dollars in taxes subsidizing other people's children. Pay for your own damn kids and stay the hell away from my wallet. If the Government wasted my money, that's on the government. I pay too much already.
Just because you think they should doesn’t mean they will. And they will not. A lot more than currently. And right now the foster care system is slammed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies