Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2022, 01:13 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,220,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Highly doubtful. California has 12% of the US population but 34% of the US population that's on public assistance.
I suppose that depends on how public assistance is defined. Please share your source. According to the World Populations Review California is #31 in number of SNAP recipients per 100K residents. The top 5 states with the highest number of welfare recipients by state according to that source are:
New Mexico (21,326 per 100k)
West Virginia (17,509 per 100k)
Louisiana (17,429 per 100k)
Mississippi (14,874 per 100k)
Alabama (14,522 per 100k)

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...ients-by-state
See also: https://www.zippia.com/advice/10-sta...e-food-stamps/

Old 06-08-2022, 02:06 PM

1,082 posts, read 1,913,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I never saw my daughter as his spawn. I saw her as my precious baby that I needed to protect from a child rapist monster.
good for you. some people have custody battles with their rapists, and can never be freed from them because of the child they "share."

Old 06-08-2022, 02:45 PM

8,244 posts, read 3,497,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiner81 View Post
good for you. some people have custody battles with their rapists, and can never be freed from them because of the child they "share."
Yes, my rapist used his government connections to get custody and assassinate my character. I was even demonized for not having an abortion. "Only a seriously mentally ill woman would give birth to her rapist's child," they said. It was never denied or questioned that it had been rape. She was sent to another state to be abused by a child rapist.

I was told that in order to get supervised visitation that I would have to recant about it being rape. I was expected to lie to my daughter and tell her that she had been conceived in love. Then the supervised visitation would happen in the other state and he would be present during the supervised visitation.

One of the government staff even said, "It does not matter if the father is a serial killer; you never are to disparage a father to a child." It was held against me that she knew that she was conceived in rape even though I didn't tell her and had never intended to let her know about it.

After years of government therapy to deal with her "cultural issues" they said that she had from being raised in a non-black home, she refers to me as her "birth mother" and tells people that her "real parents are in Virginia" (meaning her rapist father and his new child bride). She went from being a girl that was begging to come home to me to sounding like the government workers who were intent on giving her to her father. They kept her on drugs to help control her. I have no idea what all he did to her while she was there. If someone asks her she freezes up and you have to change the subject and gradually get her mind back to the present.

I lost the chance to have a relationship because of him. Men would be interested at first and then as soon as they found out about her they disappeared. No one ever even asked me on a date. Men didn't want to be with a woman who a black man had been with.

I lost my chance to have a decent life because of him and his government buddies. I exist from day to day trying to keep from being attacked again. Part of the lies told was that I had confessed to trying to kill my daughter. My permanent reputation is that I tried to kill my daughter, confessed to it, and got away with it. I have been accosted even buying groceries because someone recognized me. I have been forced to endure this for over 11 years now and will have to until I am dead with no hope of exoneration.

Romans 13 and what the authorities He established over me did to me taught me His true character.

Had I aborted her then she would not have been abused like that. I might could have had a life that wasn't forced solitude. God can't be so much against abortion when He established authorities over me to punish me for not having an abortion.

I still view abortion as barbaric. The only good thing is that the babies die without sin, so there's no danger that they will be subject to eternal damnation as those who die in a state of unrepentant sin will be.

Old 06-08-2022, 05:38 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christiner81 View Post
absolutely banning abortion would increase poverty. Increasing access to IUD's alone saved colorado tons of money that would have been going towards Medicaid births.
Foolishly banning sales of birth control would only ad to the poverty. Why do you people out there insist upon voting for Republicans who want to ban birth control, including condoms?

Old 06-08-2022, 05:43 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
Quote:

So... The reason 95% of women with unintended pregnancies self-admittedly DON'T use birth control when it's easily available either for free or is inexpensive is... WHAT???
WHAT? Yet, aren't you looking forward to voting for Republicans who say they stand for banning birth control next? Maybe some, though, will be generous enough to legally allow obtaining birth control for married women only. Republicans probably can't wait to do it for when Griswold v. Connecticut is overturned. They will do it and claim that is what their constituents want.

Old 06-09-2022, 01:12 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,899,912 times
Quote:
It IS a financial plus for them due to the fact that their multiple public assistance program benefits across the board increase for each additional child.

That's why I ask... Since pregnant women are legally allowed to kill another human who presents an inconvenience to them, why can't we ALL just kill those who are an inconvenience in our lives? Same same.
Because we don't all think that having an abortion equals killing a human being. Guess what? The world doesn't revolve around you. People believe different things than you do. Your opinion is NOT the end all and be all of everyone's life. It's time to grow up and accept that.

Quote:
"I can't afford it" is a convenience excuse. Furthermore, I've already posted that the women with the highest abortion rate are those in the highest income group, BY FAR. They certainly CAN afford to raise a child, they just find it to be inconvenient to do so.

My question stands... Since pregnant women are legally allowed to kill another human who presents an inconvenience to them, why can't we ALL just kill those who are an inconvenience in our lives? Same same.
Why would you care if anyone kills any baby after it's born? Yo don't care one whit about the babies once you force them to be birthed. You force them into life and then you kill them yourself by denying them food, shelter, health care, and education. And you make these babies suffer years before they die. So seriously, which one of us is really the monster here?

Tell me, how does making these kids have single mothers, going without enough food to eat, trying to live without heat in the winter, and growing up in subpar living conditions and gang infested neighborhoods going to make these kids glad they were born?

You're sooooo concerned they be born. Well, what about their quality of life after they're born? Answer that why don't you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
It's called, don't get pregnant in the first place.
Yeah, 'cause that abstinence thing worked so well for Mary and Joseph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I was going to abstain until marriage, but I was not allowed to do so. I got pregnant from one of the rapes and I chose life instead of having an abortion. The result was that people like you ridiculed me for "making poor choices" for being a single mother. Rapists have parental rights and I was restricted for years from leaving the area of my rapist so that he could exercise his rights. I didn't have any. My restrictions could only be removed for those years if I had given him a helpless baby and abandoned her to whatever a child rapist would have done to her. I was condemned by people like you for not walking away from my baby. Not one person ever acknowledged what I went through in my failed endeavor to keep my daughter safe from a child abusing monster.

The government years later took her from me by force and gave her to him when she was a teenager. I have never learned the extent of the abuse at his hands while she was with him, but I do know that he was so controlling that when she was 18 he would not let her move out and her friends from school had to go help her pack and move out while he and his wife were at work. He showed up at her job after he found out and there was a physical altercation. I know no more than that. I only learned that much because I read an email exchange between her and a friend.

If she had been aborted then I would not have gone through decades of what I went through and she wouldn't have been abused by a child rapist. Her life is basically that of a prostitute. She has no moral compass and has rejected everything I tried to teach her growing up. If she were to die today she would die in a state of unrepentant sin. She would burn forever. As much as I am against it, abortion would have been better than that outcome. Years of government counseling after she was taken from me changed her from a girl begging to come home to a woman who rejected her upbringing and was taught to think of me as her "birth mother" and refer to her rapist father and his wife as her "real parents." She is nothing like the girl who was taken. The person she was has been destroyed by years of government therapy to deal with her "cultural issues" they said she had from being raised in a white home.
This is horrifying and should be required reading for every politician who wants to ban abortion, especially in the case of rape or incest. The worst part, though, is that I'm afraid they'd be just like Informed Consent, totally oblivious of what actually happens to babies after they're forced to be born after such a traumatic event. The sad fact is those people who want these babies born don't give two hoots about them afterwards and they sure as s**t don't care about the mothers.

Yspobo, I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. I'm sending you hugs through the internet and I urge you to continue telling your story so people will know what the reality is for those women who have been raped and became pregnant as a result. You are a strong woman and you matter in this life. Never forget that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.