Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2022, 10:00 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,962,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It wouldn't be too late if she acted in a responsible way and used birth control. You don't have to make an appointment on the calendar to take a birth control pill every day. You are condoning irresponsible sex by using passion as an excuse and it just doesn't cut it. If a woman is sexually active she should be prepared before her passion kicks in.
Every woman is not you! When will you realize that? I have not seen you or anyone else come up with an idea of how to make an irresponsible person responsible, or how to stop intense passion.

Old 05-12-2022, 10:01 AM

2,612 posts, read 930,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I don't know who you think would be telling all pro-choice people to abandon a particular argument? You read that one person said that somewhere and you think it is somehow officially dropped from conversation?
I read someone say it and then I read an article about it. But that would certainly not be enough but I have noticed very few people making that case anymore. The primary case seems to be about control over a woman's body. I have no problem making that argument (I agree that it is a much stronger one for the pro-life position) but I dont want to do it if it hasnt become the position of most pro-choicers these days.

I think one problem with the pro-choice position is that it is not a very palatable one to make. Reality doesnt have to be palatable but it does make the position harder to argue.

Old 05-12-2022, 10:21 AM

5,296 posts, read 5,246,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branDcalf View Post
Who, what state, is banning abortions?
Ohio, Texas, Louisiana, Missouri, Mississippi just to name a few that plan to do ban abortion.

Old 05-12-2022, 11:56 AM

37,143 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Maybe, but there are other ways to prevent unwanted pregnancies. Unwanted children, however, will always exist and that's just a sad fact.

Old 05-12-2022, 12:09 PM

6,028 posts, read 3,745,017 times
Quote:
Every woman is not you! When will you realize that? I have not seen you or anyone else come up with an idea of how to make an irresponsible person responsible, or how to stop intense passion.
My guess is that the people you are responding to haven't felt "intense passion" in so long that they've forgotten what it felt like. Either that, or the few times in their life that they did feel intense passion, they were rejected by their would-be partner, so they want everyone else to be as miserable and "doing without" as they are.

Old 05-12-2022, 12:18 PM

62,990 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
My guess is that the people you are responding to haven't felt "intense passion" in so long that they've forgotten what it felt like. Either that, or the few times in their life that they did feel intense passion, they were rejected by their would-be partner, so they want everyone else to be as miserable and "doing without" as they are.
Again, if a woman is sexually active she should make sure she is protected ahead of time from her intense passions! Adults also have brains you know not just feelings. Stop making excuses for those who don't use their brains ahead of time instead of making insinuations about others who do use their brains!

Old 05-12-2022, 12:23 PM

3,350 posts, read 1,239,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
What happens if that life turns out to be a doctor or scientist or a military leader or a teacher and brings up a family and more lives and saves lives does your Russian roulette fortune cookie with others people's lives worth it for a few hundred dollars a bargain? Funny, that you don't try it in yourself. It's always people that has ZERO connections.

I didn't know people can read an unborn future of people they don't even know. Amazing!
sure some will, but overall we know most unwanted babies mostly growing up with single mothers in poor households are going to be drains on society when they grow up.

Old 05-12-2022, 12:23 PM

62,990 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
I'm a man not a woman! Again, when a woman becomes sexually active and doesn't want to get pregnant why doesn't she prepare herself ahead of time for her intense passions? Birth control pills will cover you everday of the week for those who don't know when their intense passions will take over. You and yours never answer that question. You just constantly make excuses for their irresponibility.

Old 05-12-2022, 12:29 PM

3,350 posts, read 1,239,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Abortion has given us an aging work force.
no it hasn't.

Old 05-12-2022, 12:47 PM

1,349 posts, read 664,370 times
I'm just amazed at how many anti-abortion rights people want "irresponsible people" to be parents...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies