Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2022, 06:47 PM

19,724 posts, read 10,131,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
there are women who don't want a man to wear a condom because it does not feel as good for a woman either.

you are right pregnancy can happen if precautions are taken. I heard of woman who got her tubes tied and still got pregnant.
My wife got pregnant 12 years after her tubes were tied. That is why we have our youngest son.

Old 06-24-2022, 06:48 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
According to one TV reporter, it could impact contraception using an IUD which prevents the fetus implanting itself on to the uterus wall.
A fetus doesn't implant on the uterus wall. A fetus isn't until later in the pregnancy.

Old 06-24-2022, 06:52 PM

2,666 posts, read 1,187,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
This is one area where I disagree with the decision since it takes away our liberty to choose. This shouldn't be a government issue to decide what to do with an individual's life decision. It should be individual choice as long as the financial responsibility is taken by the individual.
The first thing I thougt was there is a choice but it has to be made before the 4th month. I think that was so there wouldn't be late term abortions.

The problem is what if there is a problem that is discovered after the 4th month? What about the fetus already being gone in the womb or almost gone. There could be circumstances that make terminating the pregnancy after the 4th month but before the 6 or 7th month. I don't know what circumstances there could be offhand but I'm sure there are a few that would require the termination of pregnancy. Sometimes the fetus is gone before birth so it would be cruel to force the woman to keep it inside for 9 months.

Terms of the ruling or law are not defined.

Old 06-24-2022, 06:58 PM

8,245 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
there are women who don't want a man to wear a condom because it does not feel as good for a woman either.

you are right pregnancy can happen if precautions are taken. I heard of woman who got her tubes tied and still got pregnant.
Some people are allergic to latex and it's hard to find latex free condoms. If you do find them, they are not cheap.

Old 06-24-2022, 06:59 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,697,006 times
Well, this decision may energize the younger people into voting. It'll affect them the most and they are less religious than those who are trying to establish a theocracy in our country.

Another thing: there will be networks of women (and men) helping women. It'll mostly be for the low income women who can't afford to travel hundreds of miles to a safe state but the networks will be there for them. Sort of like the underground railroad that we had back in the 1800s.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:02 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,552,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Some people are allergic to latex and it's hard to find latex free condoms. If you do find them, they are not cheap.
there is a plan b pill I don't know how effective it is.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:03 PM

11,505 posts, read 6,008,999 times
Today was a great victory for the 10th Amendment to the US Constitution. This is exactly what we mean by "states rights".

Old 06-24-2022, 07:04 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
States' rights, remember?
We passed a Constitutional Amendment banning slavery. Why? Because the federal government probably didn't have the Constitutional powers to just write a law in Congress banning it. Want to enshrine the right to murder innocent babies into the Constitution of the United States? Then you'd need to amend the Constitution.

The Supreme Court of the 60's and 70's got drunk with power. They just pulled a whole lot of BS out of the air, granting themselves broad sweeping powers that they had no business giving to themselves, pretending that there is a huge swath of the Constitution written in invisible ink and they were uniquely empowered to read said invisible text. For some reason nobody stopped them. The overturning of Roe vs Wade and subsequent SCOTUS rulings is just a return to sanity.

There have been some terrible rulings in the past. Dred Scott was terrible. Plessy v. Ferguson was terrible. Brown v. Board of Education was the ruling where SCOTUS returned to sanity, striking down the long-standing court precedent.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:05 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
The Dems have 50 chances to codify Roe v. Wade into law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They need 60 votes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It is now, but Congress could codify it into law with 60 votes. But don't worry, that won't ever happen.
Sorry, I wasn't referring to Congress. I was referring to the 50 states, each one of which will have the option to codify abortion rights into law, if their legislators so choose.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:08 PM

4,557 posts, read 3,756,246 times
For those who are relieved about Roe being overturned, I hope that you will push hard for safety net services, including childcare programs, affordable housing, healthcare/counseling/drug treatment, food for families, and general safety measures to protect kids who may be brought up in abusive homes.

Of course, such safety net services aren’t free and require tax revenue. And please don’t suggest that someone needs to pass a drug test or be an American citizen in order to qualify for them—because then it isn’t about the child or sanctity of life, is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies