Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2022, 07:10 PM

6,125 posts, read 2,900,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
For those who are relieved about Roe being overturned, I hope that you will push hard for safety net services, including childcare programs, affordable housing, healthcare/counseling/drug treatment, food for families, and general safety measures to protect kids who may be brought up in abusive homes.

Of course, such safety net services aren’t free and require tax revenue. And please don’t suggest that someone needs to pass a drug test or be an American citizen in order to qualify for them—because then it isn’t about the child or sanctity of life, is it?
We already pay enough tax. Take some of the waste, fraud, and abuse and use it to fund safety net programs...

Old 06-24-2022, 07:11 PM

16,584 posts, read 10,692,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandyCo View Post
Your assumption that pregnancy can always be prevented is nauseating. There are many women who have extremely irregular cycles. I was one of them. The only time I could expect to have sex without contraception and not risk getting pregnant? When I was actually having my period!

Also, do women really have the choice to use condoms?! How many men are ready and willing to use a condom? In my experience, men have begrudgingly agreed while whining about "taking a shower in a raincoat", etc.

And what about the women who can't take birth control pills, because the side effects just happen to be worse for them?

Make no mistake, this isn't about babies. It's about control over women, nothing else. Keep 'em in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant.
None of this has anything to do with the Supreme Court overturning a poorly conceived (pardon the pun) decision which had no basis in the Constitution, and returning the issue to the States, where it belongs.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:13 PM

16,584 posts, read 10,692,946 times
Quote:
For those who are relieved about Roe being overturned, I hope that you will push hard for safety net services, including childcare programs, affordable housing, healthcare/counseling/drug treatment, food for families, and general safety measures to protect kids who may be brought up in abusive homes.

Of course, such safety net services aren’t free and require tax revenue. And please don’t suggest that someone needs to pass a drug test or be an American citizen in order to qualify for them—because then it isn’t about the child or sanctity of life, is it?
In other words, the responsible people have to clean up after the irresponsible ones. Because the fact is, well over 90 percent of unwanted pregnancies are due to two irresponsible people having sex.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:13 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,090,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Well, this decision may energize the younger people into voting. It'll affect them the most and they are less religious than those who are trying to establish a theocracy in our country.
My children are 15 and 19. They and their friends are virulently pro-life.

Quote:
Another thing: there will be networks of women (and men) helping women. It'll mostly be for the low income women who can't afford to travel hundreds of miles to a safe state but the networks will be there for them. Sort of like the underground railroad that we had back in the 1800s.
Are you really equating motherhood to slavery? How distasteful.

And for the millionth time…poor women will still have access to free birth control.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:14 PM

12,688 posts, read 6,753,485 times
Quote:

Bring the cost down from $40,000 to adopt and my wife and I will adopt a baby saved by this decision tomorrow. Happy to do it!!

Old 06-24-2022, 07:17 PM

2,942 posts, read 1,642,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibginnie View Post
There are numerous decisions about to be handed down. This thread is for the Roe V Wade decision.
MAJOR blow to the left. Rejoice.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:17 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,619,780 times
Forced pregnancy seems like an extreme position to take. “States rights” usually end up oppressing a certain segment of the populace. Todays ruling will be no different.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:18 PM

6,125 posts, read 2,900,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Forced pregnancy seems like an extreme position to take. “States rights” usually end up oppressing a certain segment of the populace. Todays ruling will be no different.
What state is "forcing pregnancies"?

Old 06-24-2022, 07:19 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,982,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
there is a plan b pill I don't know how effective it is.
Some of the people who want to restrict abortion consider the Plan B pill to be an abortion. They want to ban that too.

Old 06-24-2022, 07:20 PM

4,078 posts, read 5,619,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
What state is "forcing pregnancies"?
Kentucky for one. I could look up the rest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.