Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 03:50 PM

4,994 posts, read 2,004,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
If someone strangles a puppy, we can all agree a helpless living entity with a mind and spirit has been killed.

When a doctor removes tonsils, we can all agree that, while living tissue was removed and growth stopped, you didn't kill it. It is not a separate entity with a mind and a living spirit. Tonsils can't be killed.

People can readily distinguish the difference between killing a puppy, and removing tonsils. One results in death, one does not.

So I ask the question.

Is removing a 10-week old fetus any different than removing tonsils?

At conception, a new life is created.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2022, 03:52 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,147,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Is that for real? That "OB" who has performed hundreds of abortions doesn't know how to pronounce dilation.

I sense a fraud.

I didn't watch the rest of it, because I didn't realize it was a second trimester procedure when I clicked on it.
This doctor is probably like that demon sperm doctor.

Old 06-26-2022, 03:54 PM

Life Begins at Fertilization
The following references illustrate the fact that a new human embryo, the starting point for a human life, comes into existence with the formation of the one-celled zygote:

https://www.princeton.edu/~prolife/articles/embryoquotes2.html

Old 06-26-2022, 03:55 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 16 days ago)

36,054 posts, read 18,331,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Life Begins at Fertilization
The following references illustrate the fact that a new human embryo, the starting point for a human life, comes into existence with the formation of the one-celled zygote:

https://www.princeton.edu/~prolife/articles/embryoquotes2.html
The question is not whether the embryo is a new life.

The question is, does the mother have the right to remove the embryo from her body, and up to what point in gestation is appropriate, if so?

Old 06-26-2022, 03:58 PM

35,851 posts, read 21,250,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
If someone strangles a puppy, we can all agree a helpless living entity with a mind and spirit has been killed.

When a doctor removes tonsils, we can all agree that, while living tissue was removed and growth stopped, you didn't kill it. It is not a separate entity with a mind and a living spirit. Tonsils can't be killed.

People can readily distinguish the difference between killing a puppy, and removing tonsils. One results in death, one does not.

So I ask the question.

Is removing a 10-week old fetus any different than removing tonsils?
We are all living. The baby is living within the mom - but until it takes it’s breath no much else can happen. Right or wrong in this case it’s in her body. I do not like abortion, but I detest any man telling me what I can or not do. That’s the point. Now with this reversal they are all trigger happy and looking for more stuff to ban. The same ones crying they couldn’t wear a 4 inch piece of cloth over their mouth or get one of many vaccines you must get in life to help you stay alive. Abortion is PERSONAL. It’s nobody’s business but the Dr n maybe the dad. Republicans n their scotus pics have lost trust with most of women. The polls are out.

Old 06-26-2022, 04:00 PM

65 posts, read 24,053 times
Quote:
Is that for real? That "OB" who has performed hundreds of abortions doesn't know how to pronounce dilation.

I sense a fraud.

I didn't watch the rest of it, because I didn't realize it was a second trimester procedure when I clicked on it.
I admit it is weird how he pronounces it.

"I sense a fraud."

I'd say that is hard to pull off in his testimony given before a house judiciary committee...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0tQZhEisaE&t=15s

I've heard some other talks he gave. Just hearing it is pretty bad let alone seeing it for real.

Old 06-26-2022, 04:01 PM

8,440 posts, read 4,621,487 times
Quote:

I sense a fraud.

He pronounced it correctly. The word is "dilatation" not "dilation"

https://www.bing.com/search?q=dilata...RM=AWRE&ajf=70

Old 06-26-2022, 04:01 PM

Quote:
The question is not whether the embryo is a new life.

The question is, does the mother have the right to remove the embryo from her body, and up to what point in gestation is appropriate, if so?

Your word "remove" is a manipulative way of disguising MURDER. Removing the baby KILLS THE BABY.

Old 06-26-2022, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
We are all living. The baby is living within the mom - but until it takes it’s breath no much else can happen. Right or wrong in this case it’s in her body. I do not like abortion, but I detest any man telling me what I can or not do. That’s the point. Now with this reversal they are all trigger happy and looking for more stuff to ban. The same ones crying they couldn’t wear a 4 inch piece of cloth over their mouth or get one of many vaccines you must get in life to help you stay alive. Abortion is PERSONAL. It’s nobody’s business but the Dr n maybe the dad. Republicans n their scotus pics have lost trust with most of women. The polls are out.

The baby is a separate human life. Abortion kills that life. You ignore the baby's body and the baby's right to choose to live.

Old 06-26-2022, 04:04 PM

37,656 posts, read 61,751,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
At conception, a new life is created.
That is pretty late in the process.

God knew each of us from before the Foundations of earth.

Jeremiah 1:5

Psalm 139:16

Isaiah 49:5

Ephesians 1:4

Romans 8:29

Isaiah 49:1

Galatians 1:15
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies