Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2022, 04:24 PM

18,457 posts, read 19,103,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysig View Post
What if I stated....No woman in America should be forced to remain a parent of their child after the baby is born so they have the right to kill that child at any point to free them of any obligation.

It's a human life in the womb, once it enters out of the womb, and from then on. A living human life is just that, a human life.

You want to talk about the unfairness to the mother but are you fine with the unfairness to the human life inside of her?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESqdmQFTNhE
A silly statement, no, killing a child after birth is a crime, infanticide/murder.

An adult woman has the ability to decide if she wants to remain pregnant. Her desires take precedence over a fetus who doesn’t think, feel or reason.

I know what abortion are, as do all women we don’t need a video clip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2022, 04:24 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,112,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
Your word "remove" is a manipulative way of disguising MURDER. Removing the baby KILLS THE BABY.
Is killing animals for food murder? If all killing is murder then anyone who slaughters animals is a murderer and anyone who eats the meat is an accessory.

Old 06-26-2022, 04:25 PM

35,814 posts, read 21,204,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysig View Post
"The baby is living within the mom -"

I agree so far.

"but until it takes it’s breath no much else can happen."

There's a WHOLE lot that happened BEFORE the first breath. It happened because that is a unique human life from the father and mother that is growing. There's a whole lot that happens after they are born.

"I do not like abortion, but I detest any man telling me what I can or not do."

What if a woman told you it is wrong to kill your baby? What if ALL the women in the world said it's OK to kill your baby? What if everyone said it is OK to kill your baby? Is it killing your baby or not?

"Abortion is PERSONAL."

It would be if it was the woman being killed but it's not, it's another human life being killed.
If the fetus of man or animal does not take a breath -it’s not born.
Man is in general. Laws - but in this case a male that has zero idea. The scotus reversed a ruling. The Governors, males, are attacking the women’s rights.

No I don’t like abortion never had one and I’m 69 l, don’t think I ever will. But I know some who have, and it’s no laughing matter. It’s a very painful decision. Men cannot understand it ever. Are there bimbos don’t care sure - just like there are child predators. Evil is everywhere
I would like to give mercy, I don’t know how to ever make that call, but it’s a desperate move. Now I ask you why are women forced to take that route - legal or otherwise ? Before they would drown the babies or leave them in the woods. Some countries still might. In our country - child abuse of unwanted children is pretty rampant. Putting them in dumpsters is too common. So now what of that baby ?? N btw I had a special needs Grand. It would have been more merciful to let the child go in en uterus.
The abortion bills are not simple - there all types of scenarios. What do they care really.

Old 06-26-2022, 04:28 PM

2,953 posts, read 999,265 times
Quote:
In fact he is. Does you logic justify hundreds of thousands of women intentionally killing a baby?
You don't know what my logic is. I just asked you a question and you assumed that it was both a statement and a pro-abortion one at that. You seem defensive.

Constitutionally speaking I am in fact in favor of rolling back Roe v Wade. I am however a bit more nuanced about abortion than you are. I'd say you are pretty extreme. Ever hear of a Hindu sect called the Jains? They believe all life is sacred and they make very few distinctions about the evil of killing anything beyond some minimal rationalizations that just barely allow them to eat and breathe. They eat no meat. They wear masks so as not to breathe in and kill microbes. They only eat leafy plants but no roots. They rationalize the root being the basis of life while the leaves are not. Beet greens are in ... beets are out. Your thought process is more in line with the Jains. Enslaved by an ideology taken to an extreme.

Old 06-26-2022, 04:33 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 4 days ago)

35,913 posts, read 18,217,899 times
Quote:
You are wrong:

https://www.princeton.edu/~prolife/a...yoquotes2.html

Life Begins at Fertilization
The following references illustrate the fact that a new human embryo, the starting point for a human life, comes into existence with the formation of the one-celled zygote:

To use your analogy, A fertilized egg is an acorn that has sprouted and is now a new tree.
No.

A fertilized egg, that is NOT IMPLANTED in the uterus (as with the case of embryos in a fertility doc's storage container, that we were discussing) is the exact same thing as an acorn.

Both are fertilized, and awaiting being implanted. If the acorn doesn't get implanted in fertile soil, it will eventually die and not have a chance to become an oak. Will die a failed seed.

Same thing with fertilized embryo's either in a petri dish or in a woman's body, that haven't yet implanted in the uterus, and maybe won't get a chance to. An embryo isn't a human. A acorn isn't an oak.

(Maybe you don't understand the biology of what an acorn is, and I don't mean that snarky. It's the same exact thing as a fertilized human ovum, but it's for an oak tree).

Old 06-26-2022, 05:03 PM

12,005 posts, read 6,302,348 times
OK, I don't remember creating this thread. I thought this was just a post in the Roe thread.

Old 06-26-2022, 05:10 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 4 days ago)

35,913 posts, read 18,217,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
OK, I don't remember creating this thread. I thought this was just a post in the Roe thread.
You don't have any memory of creating the title of this thread, before beginning the process of authoring the post?

Old 06-26-2022, 05:57 PM

947 posts, read 927,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Is removing a 10-week old fetus any different than removing tonsils?
Removing tonsils would be an invasive procedure, requiring surgery.
I think removing the 10-week-fetus would be non-invasive; hence less dangerous for the patient.

There are also ethical differences if you're looking at this from certain religious perspectives though.

Old 06-26-2022, 07:27 PM

65 posts, read 23,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
A silly statement, no, killing a child after birth is a crime, infanticide/murder.

An adult woman has the ability to decide if she wants to remain pregnant. Her desires take precedence over a fetus who doesn’t think, feel or reason.

I know what abortion are, as do all women we don’t need a video clip.
"A silly statement, no, killing a child after birth is a crime, infanticide/murder."

A statement you never delved into.

Is what inside of her a unique human life or not? How is that it is to you when it's out of the womb but not in the womb?

"Her desires take precedence over a fetus who doesn’t think, feel or reason."

You have the gall to say I made a silly statement? When did life only become life with your standards?

"I know what abortion are, as do all women we don’t need a video clip."

I can just picture you seeing it done in real life, not an animation as in the video, and you're seeing pieces being ripped off the human life inside all bloody and you're thinking that's just fine with you. It's not the mother having such things done to her, it's her baby it's being done to.

You sure showed your cold-heart.

Old 06-26-2022, 07:48 PM

65 posts, read 23,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If the fetus of man or animal does not take a breath -it’s not born.
Man is in general. Laws - but in this case a male that has zero idea. The scotus reversed a ruling. The Governors, males, are attacking the women’s rights.

No I don’t like abortion never had one and I’m 69 l, don’t think I ever will. But I know some who have, and it’s no laughing matter. It’s a very painful decision. Men cannot understand it ever. Are there bimbos don’t care sure - just like there are child predators. Evil is everywhere
I would like to give mercy, I don’t know how to ever make that call, but it’s a desperate move. Now I ask you why are women forced to take that route - legal or otherwise ? Before they would drown the babies or leave them in the woods. Some countries still might. In our country - child abuse of unwanted children is pretty rampant. Putting them in dumpsters is too common. So now what of that baby ?? N btw I had a special needs Grand. It would have been more merciful to let the child go in en uterus.
The abortion bills are not simple - there all types of scenarios. What do they care really.
"Now I ask you why are women forced to take that route - legal or otherwise ?"

I don't know how to make it more clear, it's KILLING a human life.

You're making excuses for the killing.

"N btw I had a special needs Grand. It would have been more merciful to let the child go in en uterus."

Just say it precisely, you think it would have been more merciful to kill your Grand. If it meant ripping your Grand apart, that "would have been more merciful."

I just got done driving a special needs bus for them going to summer school. There are varying degrees of what some can do, but they're living. They are experiencing love and life. If people are just looking out for a life that is the most convenient for them, I can't blame them, but achieving that out of such selfishness to kill another human life, well.....I believe there is a God we will be answering to. Regardless, personally, I can't have respect for people who would do such things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies