Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2022, 07:35 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,162,546 times

Advertisements

In recent history, I'd go back in time and SHUT DOWN the Wuhon virology institute and burn the SOB to the ground. COVID is to blame for so much pain and suffering in the last two years.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2022, 07:37 AM

14,187 posts, read 5,755,678 times
I wouldn't change anything, because I understand chaos theory, and nothing is so bad right now that I would risk the massive upheaval that would result from undoing/changing one event.

Old 07-09-2022, 07:47 AM

26,374 posts, read 19,261,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I'd go back and murder the person responsible for Americas system of measurements. 8 ounces equal a cup. 2 cups equal a pint. 4 quarts equal a gallon. 5280 feet equal a mile.
I'm surprised that your comment didn't start a flame war. This topic usually does here. But you are absolutely right. There is no logical or utilitarian reason for the random stupidity in our measurement system. If one is going to have a base ten number system, it makes sense to conform the measurement system to that number base--dare I say it here........................

Spoiler
Metric System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
One author of the book Sociopaths Among us says 1 in 4 our sociopaths. They wreck lots of lives.
Totally agree. And I'll bet it is even higher than 1 in 4.

Old 07-09-2022, 07:50 AM

7,178 posts, read 12,760,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
You'd rather have folks ramming sabers through each other and bashing each others' heads in with maces the way it used to be done.
Are there mass murders currently taking place using sabers and maces?

Old 07-09-2022, 08:58 AM

25,920 posts, read 16,651,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I wouldn't change anything, because I understand chaos theory, and nothing is so bad right now that I would risk the massive upheaval that would result from undoing/changing one event.
I would take my chances. Someone would say we never drop the bomb on Japan and that would result in my entire family being deleted because my Dad was on an invasion ship bound for the main islands of Japan when they lit it up. He said 100% he would have died after he saw the fortifications and the fact he was in the first wave.

Some would say that would be good, who knows?

Old 07-09-2022, 09:09 AM

15,953 posts, read 12,383,555 times
Changing history can have unintended consequences. Things turned out alright in the end so I wouldn't change a thing. This assumes time as a linear concept even exists... there is only the eternal "now" and the rest of a human construct.

Old 07-09-2022, 09:21 AM

6,056 posts, read 2,850,954 times
I'd go all the way back to the Big Bang event, to finally know whether or not that theory is anywhere near accurate, (probably not). I'd probably learn that this is a simulation, created by a mysterious unknown entity...

Old 07-09-2022, 09:22 AM

26,415 posts, read 13,296,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
No slaves in America

Treat the natives like gold instead of what we did.
The "Trail of Tears" was done by Democrats, before the Republican Party came into existence.

There was no "WE" in rounding up Native Americans East of the Mississippi, and putting them onto a reservation in Oklahoma, other than "we" were all Americans.

I wanted to make that distinction so there's no re-writing history here.

Old 07-09-2022, 09:24 AM

25,920 posts, read 16,651,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
The "Trail of Tears" was done by Democrats, before the Republican Party came into existence.

There was no "WE" in rounding up Native Americans East of the Mississippi, and putting them onto a reservation in Oklahoma, other than "we" were all Americans.

I wanted to make that distinction so there's no re-writing history here.
I’m saying from day 1 we should have treated other people the way the Bible taught.

Entire Native nations do not exist because of European actions. I cannot even imagine that crime or what God thinks.

Old 07-09-2022, 10:02 AM

910 posts, read 452,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
If you had the chance to go back in time and change anything, what would it be?

Mine would be to go back too 4 May 1818 the day before the birth of Carl Marx and prevent his arrival. So he wouldn't pollute the world with his sick garbage thinking.

So what would be yours?

Made sure WW1 would never have occurred .

Last edited by William Blakeley; 07-09-2022 at 10:40 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies