Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2022, 06:16 AM

43,211 posts, read 18,372,336 times

Advertisements

There are just too many social issues to be worried about the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2022, 06:23 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,584,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Yes, it is really reasonable now!
1 - it certainly never hit the $10 mark many nut jobs on here were predicting in the typical doom and gloom fashion
2 - it's down 50 cents a gallon where I am. Reasonable, no. But am I happy it's down. Yes. Maybe try to look at the positives once in a while

Old 07-13-2022, 06:23 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,807,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
It went up 3 dollars from Trump and down pennies
The global pandemic substantially reduced demand for fuel.

Saudi and Russia engaged in a price war. Just as the Saudis should have reduced production, they increased production, making oil near worthless. Refineries closed all over the world.

Trump had nothing to do with it unless one holds him responsible for the global pandemic which is seriously goofy stuff.

The US has never and will never be energy independent- producing what it consumes.

Some may recall, Congress approved opening up a portion of the Arctic Wildlife Sanctuary in 2017. Leases and royalties were intended to offset loss of tax revenues. No one expressed an interest. Trump reduced available acreage in hopes of sparking interest. Alaska big on leases. It has no ability to pursue exploration.

Old 07-13-2022, 06:25 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,072,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
It's astounding to me that the Dems think the Roe decision and the Jan 6th committee are the two most important things that need addressing. I can't believe they haven't even looked for solutions to inflation or the sagging economy. I also can't believe that they don't recognize the labor shortages most companies are facing. It's baffling.

They are going to get WIPED out in November. Just utterly wiped out.

As posted previously, the 1/6 hearings are all about remaining in office.
Which is very ironic.
As for the economy, there isn't much they can do; the Fed Res blundered this a year ago.
Yet everyone else knew they should not have been printing money(quantitative easing).
Anyone who understands economics knew interest rates should have been raised in 2021.
This means the Fed Res knew this as well, so blame them I guess.

Last edited by Sunbiz1; 07-13-2022 at 07:13 AM..

Old 07-13-2022, 06:32 AM

29,567 posts, read 14,714,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
It's astounding to me that the Dems think the Roe decision and the Jan 6th committee are the two most important things that need addressing. I can't believe they haven't even looked for solutions to inflation or the sagging economy. I also can't believe that they don't recognize the labor shortages most companies are facing. It's baffling.

They are going to get WIPED out in November. Just utterly wiped out.
All the political ads that have been running here in MI, are all about "reproductive" rights, and voting rights. A couple also mention firearms. It's like that is all they have to run on.

The funny thing, Hailey Steven's, all out lies and contradicts herself in one of her commercials. Sadly though, I'm sure we will be stuck with Whitmer for Governor again, she has deep coiffures, and the GOP candidates are just bland.

Old 07-13-2022, 06:35 AM

8,420 posts, read 4,587,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
The Roe decision is important, because it will inspire lots of women to vote for Democrats. I can't imagine voting for a Democrat, but since I'm a woman now I can't imagine voting for a Republican either. Guess I get to stay home on election day.

As for Jan. 6, I still can't figure out why they call it an insurrection.

They are counting on your vote which is why this is the biggest "issue" right now. They won't fix anything if they get to stay in power but hey. Remember, it was the dems who created the abortion mess with a flimsy, unconstitutional "law". You want more "fixes" like that?

Old 07-13-2022, 06:38 AM

4,876 posts, read 4,219,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
As posted previously, the 1/6 hearings are all about remaining in office; and an upcoming election.
Agree. This is the "show" for the mid-terms. They have nothing else except to dwell on this when the upcoming elections have nothing to do with the President. It's all a show. And the worst part? The DNC/Candidates are getting all this for "free" and at the expense of taxpayers.

Old 07-13-2022, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
The economy is coming back into balance. Prices are getting close to being deflationary( check commodities). Supply and demand shows it works.

By the election the economy will not be a large issue.

Yes, demand is lower but mostly because people stopped "demanding" what they can't get. Cookie demand drops when the cookie jar is empty.

Old 07-13-2022, 06:40 AM

29,567 posts, read 14,714,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Gas has been coming down for weeks already. Next complaint...
Gas is just one of the many things. I had to fill my propane tanks (grille) at the cottage last week. I didn't pay much attention to the price, until the person helping me mentioned it. One tank took $18 to fill, he said the same time last year it would have been $8. Not a big deal right ? Except for the people that heat their homes with propane....think of how much that increase is. Add to that, food, gas, and pretty much every other commodity. It is breaking many people.

Old 07-13-2022, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Just listen to todays hearing and it will become crystal clear.
Every American needs to know about the events leading up to that day and exactly what happened on the day of.
The committee has done detailed work uncovering exactly what happened when. Who spoke to who and what was said, what was written down and edited, what was texted, who was consulted on legal matters.
You need to listen to todays hearing if nothing else.
I urge you and every other poster to pay attention.
I don’t even care about Donald trump, this can never happen again. We came dangerously close to a leader trying to overthrow our free election process and transfer of power with the help of bunch of people who were lied to and manipulated to do his evil bidding.

Like right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies