Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2022, 11:37 AM

29,510 posts, read 14,673,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
I sure as heck can because for what is Democrat on the ballot now is .... well, suicide is putting it very lightly.

Long story short of it, I have a little bit more acceptance of an opposer who doesn't try to disarm me first.
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2022, 08:31 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,332,087 times
Biden should order all Federal Employees back to the office, the private sector should do the same. This would jump start the economy. Commuting, workers would buy gas, shop and go to restaurants for lunch Also, send the kids back to daycare. It would be a return to normalcy.

Old 07-18-2022, 08:34 AM

9,519 posts, read 4,350,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
The Roe decision is important, because it will inspire lots of women to vote for Democrats. I can't imagine voting for a Democrat, but since I'm a woman now I can't imagine voting for a Republican either. Guess I get to stay home on election day.

As for Jan. 6, I still can't figure out why they call it an insurrection.
Why would a state's rights ruling have anything to do with how women vote? I'd like to think most women are smart enough to know that Roe v Wade was a 10th Amendment issue, not an abortion issue.

Old 07-18-2022, 09:18 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,013,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Why would a state's rights ruling have anything to do with how women vote? I'd like to think most women are smart enough to know that Roe v Wade was a 10th Amendment issue, not an abortion issue.
Difficult to say for when it comes to politics, things usually have another meaning than what is said.

IE, one side says it is pro life yet supports the death penalty and is so ready to go to war. Another side says to get rid of guns for the children and yet, supports abortion to birth, if not beyond. Who can decide what a side stands for, what is the real reason behind this or that.

I sort of get a kick from some of my liberal sisters and brothers, of how they scream when a decision goes against them, that they talk of enslavement (nutshell) and yet, when someone wishes to say something that is counter to their opinion, those people are shouted down.

Just look at how men are told to shut up about matters of the womb for they have no horse in that battle and yet, their support is asked for, be their protest, vote, money, etc, to go against those who decide against women.

Hence, in this particular issue, admittedly, I may be like one political side or another in that I don't apply myself to the big point out front but another issue on the board. Take this issue, take another issue like, say, Bernie Sanders (who I would never vote for).....if someone wants to go hear him speak, I may give them lunch money to attend.

It is not that I believe what is on the platform but rather, I believe in their right of freedom of speech, the right to believe in who they wish.

Finally, one must keep in mind that even if one thing or another was this issue and not that.....there is always the danger of how another might misuse that decision for their own purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies