Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2022, 02:46 PM

45,861 posts, read 27,492,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Democrats are less likely to care about the economy and more likely to care about social issues. This is well known. I would also say they are more likely to fail to see the connection between economics and social issues.
Economy is not a winning issue for them.

They don't want a good economy.

When is the last time they have ever campaigned on a good economy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2022, 02:52 PM

29,964 posts, read 25,094,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Economy is not a winning issue for them.

They don't want a good economy.

I agree with the first, but disagree with your last statement. They absolutely need at least a decent economy in order for their social agendas to advance. People would not put up with that stuff if there wasn't money to be made pushing 52 genders and other insanity.

Democrats knew all about the value of a solid, steady and stable economy when Clinton and Obama were in the White House. Without that, they are basically building castles in the sky.

Old 07-12-2022, 02:56 PM

9,434 posts, read 4,291,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
The Roe decision is important, because it will inspire lots of women to vote for Democrats. I can't imagine voting for a Democrat, but since I'm a woman now I can't imagine voting for a Republican either. Guess I get to stay home on election day.

As for Jan. 6, I still can't figure out why they call it an insurrection.
Just listen to todays hearing and it will become crystal clear.
Every American needs to know about the events leading up to that day and exactly what happened on the day of.
The committee has done detailed work uncovering exactly what happened when. Who spoke to who and what was said, what was written down and edited, what was texted, who was consulted on legal matters.
You need to listen to todays hearing if nothing else.
I urge you and every other poster to pay attention.
I don’t even care about Donald trump, this can never happen again. We came dangerously close to a leader trying to overthrow our free election process and transfer of power with the help of bunch of people who were lied to and manipulated to do his evil bidding.

Old 07-12-2022, 03:00 PM

29,964 posts, read 25,094,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Every American needs to know about the events leading up to that day and exactly what happened on the day of.
The committee has done detailed work uncovering exactly what happened when. Who spoke to who and what was said, what was written down and edited, what was texted, who was consulted on legal matters.
I don’t even care about Donald trump, this can never happen again. We came dangerously close to a leader trying to overthrow our free election process and transfer of power with the help of bunch of people who were lied to and manipulated to do his evil bidding.

They should be working to bring down the price of gasoline. You know, something the American people actually want. It's all very basic. People get a little ticked and impatient when their standard of living suddenly drops. The American people are tired of lies and distractions. Guess which category the stuff you are talking about falls under...

Old 07-12-2022, 03:06 PM

12,200 posts, read 7,285,462 times
Quote:
What a joke. Trump was never “dangerously close” to overthrowing the free election process or transfer of power. The fact that he was immediately impeached and investigated the millionth time shows that he never had that much power. The true danger has always been the Democrats.

Old 07-12-2022, 04:10 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,337,196 times
Quote:
I think most objective observers understand that Trump was clinging to power and ultimately lost the fight. I've never been pro-Trump. He's a buffoon.

However, the Democrats have done more to put Trump back into power than Trump ever did for himself. Their mismanagement of the economy, plus their focus on wokeness has pretty much sealed their fate. The Dems are utterly incompetent. It's amazing how badly they are running the country right now. They are going to lose horribly in Nov.

Old 07-12-2022, 04:14 PM

34,289 posts, read 19,455,837 times
Might be because everyone who wants one has a job. Its hard to be too upset about stuff when you have a income.

Old 07-12-2022, 04:14 PM

31,339 posts, read 14,406,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
It's astounding to me that the Dems think the Roe decision and the Jan 6th committee are the two most important things that need addressing. I can't believe they haven't even looked for solutions to inflation or the sagging economy. I also can't believe that they don't recognize the labor shortages most companies are facing. It's baffling.

They are going to get WIPED out in November. Just utterly wiped out.
..... as long as there is no voter fraud. Yes, they will. That is your wild card.

Old 07-12-2022, 04:17 PM

3,361 posts, read 1,984,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Which is ridiculous because you cannot worry about social issues if you are struggling to eat...
And that's exactly the point. Democrats worry far less about the economy because they don't have to. They are mostly delusional teachers, government "workers" and greedy union thugs whose salaries are static and derive from the toil of others not in civil service, or from union contracts. Add to that their family members and friends that they brow beat into voting left and you have an arrogant plurality that keeps creeps like Pelosi and Shumer and Newsome in power.
Democrats aren't refusing to address the economy. They simply don't care about the struggles of the taxpayer.
They are convinced they are better and smarter people than the average American.

Old 07-12-2022, 04:20 PM

8,972 posts, read 11,854,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
The Roe decision is important, because it will inspire lots of women to vote for Democrats. I can't imagine voting for a Democrat, but since I'm a woman now I can't imagine voting for a Republican either. Guess I get to stay home on election day.

As for Jan. 6, I still can't figure out why they call it an insurrection.
I don't know what the Court was thinking. Did they not consider that these days just about every ruling they make can be made into a political/election issue? And there is the ruling on guns. That's another political issue that can benefit the democrats.

Prior to these rulings, Biden's people were too busy defending his economic policies. Now they are using abortions and gun control to distract and attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies