Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2022, 01:16 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,621,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
They’re going to when it’s their daughter or granddaughter that dies due to reluctance of medical professionals to do the most beneficial and medically expedient procedure.

It’s going to happen. I think people have way underestimated the sheer number of abortions performed that are vital for the health of the mother.
I wonder if doctors who refuse to treat a woman who died from a bad pregnancy should worry about being sued for malpractice or causing wrongful death?

Do legislators who write laws banning abortions ever consult with actual medical doctors? Or do anti-abortion fanatics and their lobbyists write most of the laws?

Old 07-16-2022, 03:30 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
How am I supposed to know what to believe when conservatives will peddle the same misinformation as the left does in the mainstream media?

I've literally lost all faith in human nature at this point. People can't help but subscribe to their cult beliefs and ostracize anybody who doesn't share them.

It's one of the reasons I don't spend much time on these forums anymore. Real life is much more tolerant than the polarization of these online social media outlets.

If I don't read about it it didn't really happen in my mind. You literally can't trust anything publicized in society because it's all either propaganda or designed to separate you of your money this includes most YouTube content creators everything is carefully crafted to psychologically manipulate you into handing over your likes and cash.

It's all so fake. Everything that is real in society can't be found on a screen.

Old 07-16-2022, 03:42 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Says the "pro abortion" medical group that claims to be "objective" on this

A bit of digging and you'll find “…10 years of pro abortion lobbying”

Correct.

If it looks like PP, acts like PP and is butt-hurt over Dobbs...it might as well be the organization that perpetuates Ms. Sanger's racist legacy.

“TMA remains committed to protecting the privacy and sanctity of the patient-physician relationship. TMA is unwavering in its stance against intrusions by government or other third parties that impede the patient-physician relationship, and any criminalization of acceptable and appropriate medical practices that may jeopardize that relationship or patients’ safety.

https://www.texmed.org/Template.aspx?id=59894

Nice of them to let us know who the good guys are....

Old 07-16-2022, 06:49 AM

6,364 posts, read 2,698,793 times
Quote:
Yes, I did see the word “may”. They were pretty specific about what “may” have happened - but I guess an over 100 year old professional association that represents over 55,000 physicians will lie about this on a whim. I would imagine there’s legal reasons for wording, but I don’t doubt the veracity of the story.
Yes of course there is a legal reason. They have NO proof. but throwing out allegations makes a good story for the Pro-Abortion crowd.

Quote:
How do you know the allegations are bs?

Why would a professional organisation that represents 55,000 physicians resort to lying about what’s likely easily corroborated reports?

That would seem a rather risky move on their behalf.
How do you know they are true? Beyond your preconceived notions do you have any independent knowledge that they are not reporting?

As for risk, the risk is minimal to none but the chance of reward is great. This is a pretty standard method for the MSM and Progressives. Where they put out a story that fits their agenda, with no real proof just a lot of accusations. Then a few weeks later quietly post a story that they found no proof "after further investigation". They're covered by using the legal "may", and everyone remembers the accusations not the retractions.

Let's see if we ever get anything beyond "May" and see what the exact details are.

Old 07-16-2022, 06:50 AM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
These are the people who, when a 10-year-old was raped and had to travel out of state, decided to first call the story a lie and then - when they grudgingly had to admit that it was true - attacked the doctor who performed the abortion. It's about control. They don't give two hoots about anyone's life or welfare.
Yea but she /her atty is kicking their arse now for false info at famous for lying Fox news.

https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...e/65374295007/

Old 07-16-2022, 06:53 AM

35,672 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
How am I supposed to know what to believe when conservatives will peddle the same misinformation as the left does in the mainstream media?

I've literally lost all faith in human nature at this point. People can't help but subscribe to their cult beliefs and ostracize anybody who doesn't share them.

It's one of the reasons I don't spend much time on these forums anymore. Real life is much more tolerant than the polarization of these online social media outlets.

If I don't read about it it didn't really happen in my mind. You literally can't trust anything publicized in society because it's all either propaganda or designed to separate you of your money this includes most YouTube content creators everything is carefully crafted to psychologically manipulate you into handing over your likes and cash.

It's all so fake. Everything that is real in society can't be found on a screen.
Denial is your path - least admitting to it. You are not alone, sadly many Americans- to include some of my family members, live there too.

Old 07-16-2022, 06:58 AM

6,364 posts, read 2,698,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
These are the people who, when a 10-year-old was raped and had to travel out of state, decided to first call the story a lie and then - when they grudgingly had to admit that it was true - attacked the doctor who performed the abortion. It's about control. They don't give two hoots about anyone's life or welfare.
There were also people who were skeptical but didn't call it is lie. The doctor that reported it to the media first and not the officials didn't give a hoot about the welfare, they wanted the publicity about the abortion.

None of the stories talked about what the girl had to go through when she was raped, nothing about the rapist. The only concern they had was to make it a point of her having to go to another state to get an abortion. The MSM and Pro-Abortion people wanted to drive the message, they didn't want more details out. It was ONLY after the constant pushing from the "doubters" that we got the full story. The rapist is not in this country illegally. Which unfortunately puts one Porigessive agenda against another and why that "fact" was apparently being hidden.

The same thing will likely happen here. The Pro-Abortion people hope they can stick this story out there and just have it become "fact". With past experience, there will be people pushing for the truth, and we'll see what that truth actually is.

Old 07-16-2022, 07:12 AM

13,941 posts, read 5,615,884 times
Quote:
Regardless, fear of prosecution is causing issues, just like we said it would. The OP is correct:
Quote:
One in Central Texas allegedly told a physician not to treat an ectopic pregnancy until it ruptured, which puts patient health at serious risk, according to the letter. An ectopic pregnancy, when a fertilized egg attaches outside of the uterus, is not viable.
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/poli...ociation-says/
Quote:
AUSTIN — The Texas Medical Association wants regulators to step in after hospitals reportedly refused to treat patients with serious pregnancy complications for fear of violating the state’s abortion ban.

In a letter sent Wednesday to the Texas Medical Board, the association said it received complaints that hospitals, their administrators and their lawyers may be prohibiting physicians from providing medically appropriate care to women with ectopic pregnancies and other complications.
Allegedly.
According to.
Reportedly.
May be.

Yeah, think I am going to wait a minute or two before I decide that what may be reportedly according to allegedly be happening is a real thing or is rather simply pro-abortion hysterics.

Old 07-16-2022, 07:18 AM

8,609 posts, read 2,306,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Gee, who could have predicted that the law of unintended consequences would take over?

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...p?t=61d7f0b189

Remember when conservatives tried to brush off the claim that the SC decision wouldn't affect women's abilities to seek treatment for ectopic pregnancies in states with draconian abortion laws? Looks like you can throw that wishful thinking out the window.
from the WaPo no less:

Quote:
Texas has a near-total abortion ban with an exception that allows doctors to perform an abortion to save the life of a pregnant patient.
I'm no doctor, but since all of TX's laws allow for the life of the mother, I assume an ectopic pregnancy would be considered a serious danger to the mother. Which means it would be allowed.

Just because the news outlets you choose omit this important fact (that safety of mother is included) does not make what they claim so.

Old 07-16-2022, 07:24 AM

10,228 posts, read 6,309,606 times
What will they do in case of ectopic pregnancies? They will do nothing until the tube has ruptured. Then they can say that we didn't kill the baby. GOD killed it. Now, let's try to save the woman's life.

That happened to me in a NYC Catholic Hospital in 1982. Want to know what the symptoms of a rupture are? Severe pain on one side of the body where tube has ruptured, plus external AND internal bleeding. The internal bleeding will be worse than the external bleeding.If that bleeding is not stopped, the woman WILL DIE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies