Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2022, 06:48 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,950,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan A Smith View Post
Here's a thought.

Maybe Biden's practice of wearing a mask when he is outside and no one is within 50 feet of him, but then walking up to a crowd of people only to then remove his mask, shake hands and sniff hair is not the way to go.

Maybe he has this backwards.

You can't comprehend the level of stupidity Democrats have. No one on the left mentions this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2022, 06:50 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
"If you get vaccinated you will not get Covid"
- Joe Biden July 21, 2021
Elect me President and I will beat this Covid - Biden 2019.

Old 07-30-2022, 06:52 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,280,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LF2Better View Post
After reading all of the posts in this thread, I don’t think any of the above is going to change the minds about the effectiveness of the recommended medical treatments for COVID for most of the people here. When you were actively practicing medicine, did you see an increased trend over time for patients to ignore, disregard, or not believe the medical advice you dispensed? It has to be frustrating for practitioners to (1) have to deal with the magnitude of the actual illness related with the pandemic, and (2) then have to deal with increasing numbers of patients who have decided they know better than their medical providers. Must be exhausting.
Nothing we have been told about Covid has been accurate. Why would you go immediately to trusting what is said about a treatment? Particularly given what we've seen with Pfizer influencing the FDA and the CDC. Let's also take a moment to remember that medical errors kill over a quarter million a year and are the third leading cause of death (pre-Covid).

Medicine continues to improve and advance, but doctors are people; some better at what they do than others, some blindly following CDC recommendations, or AMA, instead of using their own dang eyes and experience. If a doctor told me anything, even take an ibuprofen, I'd question it at this point in time and want a second opinion. Or even a third.

Old 07-30-2022, 06:59 PM

13,460 posts, read 4,297,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Elect me President and I will beat this Covid - Biden 2019.

I remember and many fell for it and now they are paying dearly. They feel it everyday. The only thing Joe Biden and his garbage family ever Built Back Better is their own bank accounts.

Old 07-30-2022, 06:59 PM

4,549 posts, read 2,273,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Is this another Covid rebound again from Paxlovid?? First Fauci and now Biden??

Serious question.... if these boosters are supposedly doing their job, reducing symptoms, and keeping people out of the hospitals, then why is Paxlovid necessary? Biden is double boosted, so shouldn't that have been enough for him??
Ah yes, I have that same question. Why are they treating people who have mild or no symptoms like they keep claiming? Fauci said the same thing - no symptoms but I am taking “blah blah” to treat it. Treat what??

Old 07-30-2022, 07:10 PM

18,804 posts, read 8,477,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
Ah yes, I have that same question. Why are they treating people who have mild or no symptoms like they keep claiming? Fauci said the same thing - no symptoms but I am taking “blah blah” to treat it. Treat what??
Still the recommendation as of today - 65 and over or with other high medical risks - positive testing, and/or early mild to moderate symptoms, but no longer than 5 days. This reduces the chance for more severe disease progression, hospitalization or worse.

Old 07-30-2022, 07:18 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,579,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Because it is the medical standard of care for those 65 and older and those with high medical risks for progression of their early case of Covid. Rebound is a common problem, but does not seem to progress to any more serious disease. In the interest of having enough doses for all needing it, the Paxlovid pack is restricted to 5 days of therapy. It may turn out that 6 days or more may provide for more thorough treatment.

Or maybe 7 or 8 days, who knows? These are the sort of things we find out through thorough testing, NOT through experimenting on not only the general public but the sitting president. I guess the covid vaccines have started a trend were we just wing it, medically.

Old 07-30-2022, 07:23 PM

27,149 posts, read 15,327,118 times
A Covid test is the only thing positive about Biden.

Old 07-30-2022, 07:39 PM

8,419 posts, read 4,579,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Pfizer maintains that the so-called rebound cases occurred in both Paxlovid patients and those who did not take Paxlovoid in trials and that the difference is not statistically significant, though they were rare in all cases making it difficult to infer much from the data. Research continues.

Funny the two recent high profile case we know about (Fauci and Biden) both took Paxlovid and both had a rebound. Methinks Rebound is as rare as Vaccine Breakthrough Infection. Which is not very rare at all.

Old 07-30-2022, 07:40 PM

12,990 posts, read 9,516,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoonose View Post
Very few will have 24/7 medical coverage. Biden must get tested at least daily. Paxlovid for Biden must be started within 5 days of his first symptoms or positive test. If he is not sick and not up to that 5th day, a day or so of feet dragging would not be unreasonable.

I should mention though I have done plenty of reading on Paxlovid, my clinical experience does not go farther than myself and a few friends that have taken it.

I found the drug quite nasty!

A terrible taste in my mouth like chewing on grapefruit rind. Also there are many meds that you cannot take at the same time, and for a few days after taking Paxlovid. Including my prostate med, which became intolerable. That - plus having successfully made it to age 71 and a 1/2 years of age without shtting myself (!) I quit after 3 and 1/2 out of 5 days. And did well.
I have two friends - man and wife - who recently both had Covid. Both are in their mid- to upper-60s. She had traveled to Europe (mostly Greece) and within a couple of days returning she tested positive, so presumably she got it on the trip. The husband tested positive a few days later.

They both took Paxlovid but agreed with you that it was nasty. I believe he said it was a really bad metallic taste. They quit taking it after a couple of days because of the aftertaste. Both recovered fine in week or so without any other treatment other than Tylenol for headache. Both had been vaccinated and had at least one booster, so it's likely that the injections made the disease to be milder.

I suspect Biden got his when he went to the Middle East but that's not been the official word. Maybe they don't know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies