Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Border Walls to prevent illegal immigrants
Yes 146 74.49%
No 50 25.51%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2023, 01:57 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times

Advertisements

Border Walls to prevent illegal immigrants: Yes Or NO.

Of course.

A wall won't "prevent" 100% of them, but it will prevent most. And discourage a lot of people from trying to cross illegally in the first place.

This will leave the Border Patrol free to concentrate on the few who still try.

Old 06-01-2023, 01:59 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,620,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Anybody here actually lived or living at border town before?
(Raises hand) Yes. For 30 years.

Quote:
You know why illegal immigrants decide to take treacherous route out in the middle desert far away from border towns? Why didn’t they hop over the border to a border town and disappear annd blend inside the city/town?

Let me give you a hint. There are 20 ft solid border wall stretch for miles surround border towns/cities
Bingo.

Old 06-01-2023, 02:01 PM

811 posts, read 551,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You'll get crickets on this one!
What group of legal American-born citizens are going to do the jobs they’re doing?

Boomers are old and on their way out. The GenZ TikTok generation don’t have the grit to withstand hot weather and carrying heavy equipment. And most right-wingers prefer not to hire Blacks.

Who is left to build these beautiful suburban homes many of you enjoy living in along with landscaping?

Old 06-01-2023, 02:09 PM

147 posts, read 112,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
We should have a national vote...yes or no to building the wall. Those who vote no will be tagged to be taxed to support the illegals.

If roughly 25 million people vote no, 75% of that number would probably be the Biden* supporters and 25% of the never-Trumpers. The illegals cost the taxpayers more than $100 billion every single year. That could be 'more than' $4,000 per year tax per no voter.

What say you anti-wall peeps? Do you want illegals here so badly that you'd fork over more than $4000 per year to make that possible?
lol you'll get crickets on this one.

I agree 100 percent. Anti-wall peeps since they support illegals . I am sure they dont mind their working tax dollars goes to illegals . I am sure since they are against border walls they wouldn't have problem on this.

I am not a fan of trump and I am not born in united states but my parents worked hard to get here legally. I am not going to support anyone who breaks the laws and wants a freepass. Nope!

Old 06-01-2023, 02:20 PM

62,976 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
What group of legal American-born citizens are going to do the jobs they’re doing?

Boomers are old and on their way out. The GenZ TikTok generation don’t have the grit to withstand hot weather and carrying heavy equipment. And most right-wingers prefer not to hire Blacks.

Who is left to build these beautiful suburban homes many of you enjoy living in along with landscaping?
Huh, construction, landscaping, restaurant work and an assortment of blue-collared jobs. Who do you think were doing those jobs before million of cheap, illegals flooded our border?

If we actually have lazy Americans as you are claiming (and your comment about right wingers not hiring Blacks for the most part is false) then why aren't we importing immigrants "legally" to work here? I'll wait for you to explain that one.

We shouldn't be importing the poor, uneducated or unskilled here legally or illegally anyway as they are a tax burden on our society.

Old 06-01-2023, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisnIvy View Post
lol you'll get crickets on this one.

I agree 100 percent. Anti-wall peeps since they support illegals . I am sure they dont mind their working tax dollars goes to illegals . I am sure since they are against border walls they wouldn't have problem on this.

I am not a fan of trump and I am not born in united states but my parents worked hard to get here legally. I am not going to support anyone who breaks the laws and wants a freepass. Nope!
What city do you live in?

I ask because when you got here depending on how new your house is, it may be have been built by an illegal. Because as I said above, most American-born citizens don’t want that job.

Old Boomers are retiring. GenZ doesn’t like physical labor.

Who will do construction?

Old 06-01-2023, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizualizax90 View Post
What city do you live in?

I ask because when you got here depending on how new your house is, it may be have been built by an illegal. Because as I said above, most American-born citizens don’t want that job.

Old Boomers are retiring. GenZ doesn’t like physical labor.

Who will do construction?

The reason why you want illegal here because of construction/ landscaping . Lol Get out of here!

Old 06-01-2023, 02:24 PM

4,910 posts, read 2,060,853 times
I support a border wall, but it’s now too late for a wall to have any real effect and there is no way Biden will allow this to happen.

Old 06-01-2023, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoisnIvy View Post
The reason why you want illegal here because of construction/ landscaping . Lol Get out of here!
Answer my question. Who would fill the labor supply of the jobs illegal immigrants typically perform?

I don’t want illegal immigrants, but apparently the party of capitalism where the name of the game is profits and saving money do. A lot of your constituents you share views with want illegal immigrants because it’s their way of saving money.

Howcome Donald Trump hired illegal undocumented immigrants?

https://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/docu...ts-build-trump

Old 06-01-2023, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
I support a border wall, but it’s now too late for a wall to have any real effect and there is no way Biden will allow this to happen.

.It would be too late if we dont do anything about it as million of illegal come here illegally and the count increase every year.

Did the chinese stop building the great wall when they were under attack . No they didn't they keep building it till is completely done. I seriously dont get why people wouldn't want it. The only reason I could think of is they have motive behind of not building the wall.

One solution let the anti-wall people support the illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies