Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Border Walls to prevent illegal immigrants
Yes 146 74.49%
No 50 25.51%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2023, 09:07 AM

34,268 posts, read 18,649,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I blame both!

They are both equally guilty of breaking the law and both need to be held accountable. Were these illegals forced over our border to work here? Did they not know by taking a job here they were breaking the law? Illegals aren't even qualified to work here so yes their immigration status is relevant.

Why is it that you and yours only want to blame the greedy employers but never these invaders?
Many if not most of those businesses are run by backers and supporters of Democrats but the Republicans want them too. They're all hypcrites.

Old 06-02-2023, 09:07 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,978,553 times
The Aye's have it!

Old 06-02-2023, 09:08 AM

35,770 posts, read 21,143,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
And that’s why I don’t care about the wall. Spend the money or don’t, folks will still be finding ways to come here, legal or not. The push and pull factors are too strong. If it makes people feel better, cool, but I feel like it’s security theater. Neither party has the gumption or the incentive to deeply fix a problem that a band aid wall couldn’t even hope to fix.

And yes, it’s the more nefarious types I fear, not the average illegal alien. To the extent that illegals steal jobs, taxes, and resources, it’s not an immediate safety issue nor do the typical illegals pose such a threat. That’s explicitly why I said the AVERAGE illegal alien, not the ones on the margin who come here with intention to do harm. I do tend to choose my words with intentionality, sucks that I have to explain it all anyway.
We have 3 things that bring people here. Work, peaceful and safe surroundings and drug n sex consumption. Long as that’s there, they will come

Old 06-02-2023, 09:10 AM

8,943 posts, read 2,978,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
We have 3 things that bring people here. Work, peaceful and safe surroundings and drug n sex consumption. Long as that’s there, they will come
No ****, sherlock. We're saying we need to STOP them. We all know they will keep coming. They live in 3rd world hell holes, OF COURSE they are going to try to break into the greatest and richest country in the world.

Old 06-02-2023, 09:12 AM

35,770 posts, read 21,143,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Many if not most of those businesses are run by backers and supporters of Democrats but the Republicans want them too. They're all hypcrites.
I worked in dhs. The majority of companies are Republicans- research it, illegals were found in all companies regardless of political affiliation. Facts. Republicans did lobby to be left alone.

Old 06-02-2023, 09:13 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,589,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
No ****, sherlock. We're saying we need to STOP them. We all know they will keep coming. They live in 3rd world hell holes, OF COURSE they are going to try to break into the greatest and richest country in the world.
well doesn't that just go contrary to about half the dramatic posts on here?

Nice attitude by the way. Speaks volumes....

Old 06-02-2023, 09:44 AM

63,068 posts, read 29,269,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
well doesn't that just go contrary to about half the dramatic posts on here?

Nice attitude by the way. Speaks volumes....
We are no longer going to be the greatest and richest country in the world if these so-called "migrants" keep coming here in droves.

Old 06-02-2023, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
Yea - I can "google" too...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...wall-breached/

https://fox4kc.com/news/smugglers-cu...s-report-says/

They don't have to go over it when it's easier to just go through it ya know.

And who's responsible for that? Biden is allowing them all into our country all one has to do is claim asylum of which 80% of them are making bogus claims. What't the rolled eyes for?

Old 06-02-2023, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
And that’s why I don’t care about the wall. Spend the money or don’t, folks will still be finding ways to come here, legal or not. The push and pull factors are too strong. If it makes people feel better, cool, but I feel like it’s security theater. Neither party has the gumption or the incentive to deeply fix a problem that a band aid wall couldn’t even hope to fix.

And yes, it’s the more nefarious types I fear, not the average illegal alien. To the extent that illegals steal jobs, taxes, and resources, it’s not an immediate safety issue nor do the typical illegals pose such a threat. That’s explicitly why I said the AVERAGE illegal alien, not the ones on the margin who come here with intention to do harm. I do tend to choose my words with intentionality, sucks that I have to explain it all anyway.
What you are refusing to get is that only "some" will still get in without a wall. The good walls have deterred illegal entry by 90%. That's not good enough?

The wall should be a part of the solution no one is saying that's it's the total solution! Stealing jobs, taxes and resources from Americans is no big deal because you claim it's not a safety issue? How about it being an economic issue or doesn't the economic well being of Americans matter to you? How safe are we with terrorists and criminals entering our border?

Stop playing down the seriousness of this issue. It's nauseating!

Old 06-02-2023, 10:10 AM

4,952 posts, read 3,080,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So we should allow in millions of illegal aliens to create babies and grow the economy? Doesn't legal immigration do that? A smaller population to fit a smaller economy is much healthier for everyone.

Did I suggest this?, I did not.
I posted that to enlighten folks as to why we allow mass LEGAL immigration, I don't think anyone here on this site would advocate anything short of this.
On a grand, and global scale; a smaller economy will merely result in lowered standard of living.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies