Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2023, 07:58 PM

7,682 posts, read 5,532,541 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
So does Twitter, but not to the extent Instagram does. I haven't tried Threads yet. If I do, I'm going to keep it separate from my Instagram and Facebook accounts.

What Twitter has done is made it more difficult to see the accounts you do follow. Sometimes they're in the Following column, and sometimes they're not. Every Tweet you look at from your Following column comes with a Discover More section at the end of the Tweet. Sometimes what you see is related to the accounts you follow, sometimes it's not. The ability to see Tweets in chronological order seems have gone missing, so you spend more time sorting between accounts you follow and those you don't.
Right now, the only way you can register with Threads is through the app and with an Instagram user ID and password.

Threads is likely to be a failure if certain changes aren’t made: Zuckerberg only had one job with Threads, and he blew it
Quote:
The issue: Threads’ user experience lacks key features that are critical to most Twitter users. Without them, its big bang will likely fade out in a quick, sad poof. Here, in no particular order, are the biggest features Threads is missing.
I am curious about Threads and would have liked to try it out. However, using the app gives Meta access to all sorts of private information including your contact info, your contacts, financial info, browsing history, search history, purchases, health info, etc.

No thanks. I might reconsider if Threads ever becomes accessible in my web browser. For now, I’ll stick with Mastodon.

Old 07-10-2023, 08:58 PM

938 posts, read 424,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
If they hired the people working at Twitter, I already know I shouldn't download the app.
Right there with you.

Let those two blow millions tossing yard darts at each other.

This could be fun.

Old 07-10-2023, 09:25 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsToValhalla View Post
I wish this were true for all social media.
Life was better before social media!
You know this forum is social media.

Old 07-10-2023, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Right now, the only way you can register with Threads is through the app and with an Instagram user ID and password.

Threads is likely to be a failure if certain changes aren’t made: Zuckerberg only had one job with Threads, and he blew it

I am curious about Threads and would have liked to try it out. However, using the app gives Meta access to all sorts of private information including your contact info, your contacts, financial info, browsing history, search history, purchases, health info, etc.

No thanks. I might reconsider if Threads ever becomes accessible in my web browser. For now, I’ll stick with Mastodon.
Right now it's Twitter without ads. Easy to use.

Old 07-10-2023, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Right now it's Twitter without ads. Easy to use.
I joined Twitter in 2009. Since then I have tweeted only 3 times. All of them were test posts.

Old 07-11-2023, 07:45 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
I joined Twitter in 2009. Since then I have tweeted only 3 times. All of them were test posts.

I don't use Twitter as a means to put my content out into the world. I use it like an RSS feed for people/things/businesses I'm interested in.

Old 07-11-2023, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
I don't use Twitter as a means to put my content out into the world. I use it like an RSS feed for people/things/businesses I'm interested in.
I was a fan of Google Reader and really missed it when it was discontinued. I usually only read on Twitter when someone posts a link to news, particularly breaking news, I’m interested in reading about. Sometimes North American media hasn’t got hold of the story yet and won’t for some hours.

Old 07-11-2023, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
But it is less useful as that kind of tool these days.

Old 07-11-2023, 08:45 AM

Quote:
I was a fan of Google Reader and really missed it when it was discontinued. I usually only read on Twitter when someone posts a link to news, particularly breaking news, I’m interested in reading about. Sometimes North American media hasn’t got hold of the story yet and won’t for some hours.
Reality today is all those international news media outlets don't only use Twitter. You can get updates direct to your phone without using the Twitter app.

Old 07-11-2023, 08:49 AM

2,040 posts, read 994,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Now calling Zuck a ****, wanting an MMA match, and proposing a literal dick measuring contest.

The whole cuckold thing being thrown around as an insult in conservative circles sure reeks of projection.
Why conservative men are more likely to fantasize about sharing their wives

Musk Melts Down as Threads Nears 100M Users: ‘Zuck is a Cuck’
Maybe humanity will get lucky and they'll both knock each other into comas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies