Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2023, 06:45 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times

Advertisements

So, after Musk bought Twitter he fired hundreds of key employees, who were then hired by their competition (what did they expect), and now they are all pissy about seeing the competition introduce a new app to compete with Twitter.

Twitter sends Meta cease-and-desist letter over new Threads app
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/techn...27d6f205&ei=15
The letter accused Meta of misappropriating Twitter's trade secrets and said Meta hired former Twitter employees who retained proprietary information, the sources said.

"Over the past year, Meta has hired dozens of former Twitter employees," the letter, signed by lawyer Alex Spiro, reads. "Twitter knows that these employees previously worked at Twitter; that these employees had and continue to have access to Twitter's trade secrets and other highly confidential information; that these employees owe ongoing obligations to Twitter; and that many of these employees have improperly retained Twitter documents and electronic devices."

Old 07-07-2023, 06:53 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

35,613 posts, read 17,940,183 times
Twitter is circling the drain.

Old 07-07-2023, 06:57 AM

10,442 posts, read 6,974,789 times
If they hired the people working at Twitter, I already know I shouldn't download the app.

Old 07-07-2023, 06:59 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 4 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
If they hired the people working at Twitter, I already know I shouldn't download the app.
They didn't hire people working at Twitter.

The claim is they hired people Musk fired from Twitter, although they say they didn't. "That's just not a thing".

Never heard a response to a legal charge stated quite that informally, but you gotta like it.

Old 07-07-2023, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Musk might have a grand plan for it, but who knows. The guy is pretty creative. Weird, but creative. Now it looks like him and Zuckerberg and going to duke it out physically, which is just more weirdness from both of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
That is entirely up to you. I never downloaded Twitter and have no plans for this one either.

They hired people who were fired from Twitter, and its not illegal to hire people looking for jobs.

Old 07-07-2023, 07:03 AM

5,325 posts, read 3,207,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
"Over the past year, Meta has hired dozens of former Twitter employees," the letter, signed by lawyer Alex Spiro, reads. "Twitter knows that these employees previously worked at Twitter; that these employees had and continue to have access to Twitter's trade secrets and other highly confidential information; that these employees owe ongoing obligations to Twitter; and that many of these employees have improperly retained Twitter documents and electronic devices."
Unless the employees signed an NDA and/or Non Compete it's a pretty baseless claim.

I've changed companies in my career and applied what I've learned at prior companies. It's called professional growth.

Old 07-07-2023, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post
Unless the employees signed an NDA and/or Non Compete it's a pretty baseless claim.

I've changed companies in my career and applied what I've learned at prior companies. It's called professional growth.
They're claiming more than that. Twitter is claiming the former employees have actual items that were stolen from Twitter.

Not just what they carried out in their brains.

BUT, did the severance packet they agreed to included a noncompete clause? Don't know. This will be interesting.

Old 07-07-2023, 07:05 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
Quote:
cite your evidence.

Old 07-07-2023, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
cite your evidence.
Read the thread title and article.

Old 07-07-2023, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoSox 15 View Post

Yes, the idea is to apply your experience you have accumulated. That's why employers hire experienced folks. An app like Twitter is simple. The complicated part is the part which generates the revenue, and Meta pretty much invented that part

Quote:
They're claiming more than that. Twitter is claiming the former employees have actual items that were stolen from Twitter.
We'll see if they are able to prove that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies