Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2023, 12:21 PM

4,652 posts, read 2,350,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellNic View Post
It's obvious YOU didn't get the memo, but they have many forms of communication and social media to gather...it was on the news. Like, every station. But ok, you didn't notice. And the rest of your sentence is word salad. What is your point?

Firstly - show me a memo or social media post or anything that proves what you posted.

Secondly, there is no word salad. You're confusing me with Kamala Harris. It's quite clear what I said. The government can claim someone said something that they did not say and I asked Trobesmom if she agrees with that. Understand now?

Old 09-07-2023, 12:47 PM

3,561 posts, read 1,527,486 times
Quote:
I'd like to add, I do think the immigrant problem is HUGE, bigly even. .
Then you haven't been paying attention to how the millions upon millions of illegal entrant foreign nationals are affecting our nation's cities. The fact is, millions of illegal entrant foreign nationals encouraged to flood across our border under the Current Administration are taking over inner city emergency care rooms, public schools and even public housing, all of which is meant for our nation's needy citizens, who are now being made into taxed slaves to support the current Administration's refusal to protect our border from an ongoing invasion ___ an invasion which was brought down to a trickle under the previous Administration.

When NYC's Mayor Adams warns migrant crisis will ‘destroy’ NYC, rips Biden for failing to help, it is a HUGE, AND EVEN BIGLY PROBLEM.

Old 09-07-2023, 01:01 PM

Quote:
The election wasn't stolen, Trump lied about it, did a lot of provable (we'll see in court) crimes to try to stay in office.
The election procedures in a number of key states violated existing law, and specific constitutional provisions.

It appears to be true that there was no "widespread or significant" voter fraud in the 2020 election. But the violations of existing law and constitutional provisions were in fact concentrated and limited to a few key battleground states, and geographical districts, which did decide the election’s outcome. The bottom line is, we don't know what the election results would have been if the rule of law had been followed. And that doesn't take into account how the FBI played a very real part in influencing the outcome of the election.

Old 09-07-2023, 01:10 PM

5,222 posts, read 3,055,115 times
Quote:
Go find those facts, get your suit in order, file a case - I don't know what to say. No, I don't believe every crime holds the same weight but if you are in fact, guilty, prove it and move on. I don't even want to believe this ex President should be in jail but his crimes are egregious. I can't help you agree with me - you may have thought there were others that were far worse. I just think if Trump, even ONE TIME was truthful, cooperated, or stopped lying about a stolen election which did end in an insurrection (or thousands of other lies), maybe just maybe, I would've been ok with him just walking away. He doesn't know nothin' about nothin' and never shuts up - the crap that spills out of his mouth is criminal - and he deserves everything coming to him.
I never said he shouldnt be in jail. I pointed out why it upsets many people. Basically, the law isnt applied equally and that should upset everyone. If you dont believe that, well, I cant help you there.

Old 09-07-2023, 01:18 PM

Quote:

What provisions were violated? What laws?
I thought you were on top of things. For starters, how about PA's 2020's no-excuse mail-in ballots which violated PA's Constitution?

Old 09-07-2023, 01:20 PM

6,308 posts, read 3,010,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnwk1 View Post
I thought you were on top of things. For starters, how about PA's 2020's no-excuse mail-in ballots which violated PA's Constitution?

Or Wisconsin's drop-off boxes on every corner, which violated WI's state Constitution...

Old 09-07-2023, 01:24 PM

14,577 posts, read 20,857,260 times
One or more states have already had a ruling in favor of Trump on the primary ballot. FL was one of them.
Others say it will go to the Supreme Court and that will take alot of time.

They say that Trump has not been convicted of insurrection and that is why it will be a tough road to go before the electtion.

Old 09-07-2023, 01:24 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,357,513 times
The 14th Amendment Section 3 says: No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State? So, Donald Trump is ineligible.

Old 09-07-2023, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Or Wisconsin's drop-off boxes on every corner, which violated WI's state Constitution...
Or Michigan's absentee ballot rules being illegally changed?

Old 09-07-2023, 01:30 PM

14,577 posts, read 20,857,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
The 14th Amendment Section 3 says: No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State? So, Donald Trump is ineligible.
Section 3 of the 14th Amendment, also known as the Disqualification Clause, bars any person from holding federal or state office who took an “oath…to support the Constitution of the United States” and then has “engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof.

Trump has not been convicted and until he is it is a dead end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies