Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2023, 09:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
I would really prefer not to have to vote for him again in a general election. We need someone like Ron DeSantis or even Haley or Scott.
The same DeSaster who locked down Florida, and then blamed it on Trump?

Haley is cool. I'd vote for her over DeSaster, Trump or Biden.

And lets be honest, ANY president would have listened to the CDC in that situation. DeSaster did, and he listened to Trump who had listened to CDC.

Old 09-14-2023, 10:01 AM

7,323 posts, read 3,804,222 times
Quote:
Link: https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2023...dation-n577935

He's delusional. His COVID response, listening to the politically-motivated liars at the CDC and NIH, is disqualifying to me. At least for the primary.

I would really prefer not to have to vote for him again in a general election. We need someone like Ron DeSantis or even Haley or Scott.
Trump listened to the "experts." Who else should he have listened too?

And like he said, it was the beginning of the pandemic and no one really knew the facts. Everything he was told pointed to a massive pandemic and high death rate, so he acted with that assumption.

Old 09-14-2023, 10:02 AM

17,622 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The same DeSaster who locked down Florida, and then blamed it on Trump?

Haley is cool. I'd vote for her over DeSaster, Trump or Biden.

And lets be honest, ANY president would have listened to the CDC in that situation. DeSaster did, and he listened to Trump who had listened to CDC.
Your silliness is debunked by the referenced article:

Quote:
As for DeSantis’ supposed rush to lock down Florida, that also rewrites history. At the time, DeSantis dragged his heels on issuing a stay-at-home order for Trump’s 15 Days To Stop the Spread project (and for which Allahpundit pilloried DeSantis). DeSantis said he would issue the order if directed by Trump to do so: Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida, who has been criticized for refusing to set more statewide mandates as the number of confirmed cases of the coronavirus there has soared over 6,700, said on Tuesday that one reason he had not was because the White House’s task force had not recommended it.

“If they do, that’s something that would carry a lot of weight with me,” said Mr. DeSantis, a Republican who has been conciliatory to the White House and received praise in return. That was twelve days before Trump’s tweets above. Far from rushing into mandates and shutdowns, DeSantis had to be talked into them both, as the New York Times noted contemporaneously. He took a lot of criticism at the time for that reluctance, including from Trump, albeit indirectly at the time.
Link: https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2023...dation-n577935

I find it hard to believe you live in Florida. You constantly misremember or lie about what happened in Florida during COVID.

Old 09-14-2023, 10:03 AM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
I can't add anything more to what has already been said, but I think it is VERY encouraging how I am seeing many conservatives turning against Trump and many liberals turning against Biden!!

I just hope this trend continues!

Old 09-14-2023, 10:05 AM

21,875 posts, read 25,139,139 times
Quote:
His outright lying on the topic is disturbing to me as well. Trying to claim Ron DeSantis was the problem with responding to COVID is downright insulting. I live in Florida, and DeSantis did a fantastic job DESPITE Trump and his administration.

If Trump thinks anyone is going to buy his version of what happened with COVID, he's as senile as Joe Biden.
ShutDown DeSantis did not do an excellent job. But to his credit, he did a better job than most. He followed his party line marching orders for too long, but he was also one of the first to find some courage and defy Trump's terrible COVID response. DeSantis lost it though in how he handled Disney disagreeing with his don't say gay agenda.

Old 09-14-2023, 10:06 AM

10,479 posts, read 6,991,011 times
Trump did an amazing job with covid. He wound up being right with most/all things. What did he do wrong?

Old 09-14-2023, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Trump did an amazing job with covid. He wound up being right with most/all things. What did he do wrong?
He was wrong about practically everything, starting with the vaccines.

Old 09-14-2023, 10:19 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
I find it hard to believe you live in Florida. You constantly misremember or lie about what happened in Florida during COVID.
DeSaster aka "the lockdown Ron" locked down Florida, - HARD. Its not a lie, its a fact.

Today he is saying he didn't do it, and you are repeating after him, but its not my memory which is failing, its his, and yours.

Florida Governor Orders Statewide Lockdown - April 1, 2020
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ewide-lockdown
Florida has now joined the list of states that are ordering residents to remain in their homes for all but essential activities to help stop the spread of the coronavirus. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis made the announcement at an afternoon briefing. It was just a few hours after he spoke to President Trump. DeSantis said he's issuing an executive order that will direct "all Floridians to limit movements and personal interactions outside the home to only those necessary to obtain or provide essential services or essential activities."

With this order, Florida is joining more than 30 other states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico in ordering a lockdown. In total, the orders affect more than 85% of the U.S. population. DeSantis said the order will go into effect in Florida on Thursday at midnight.

https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/upl...compressed.pdf

all persons in Florida shall limit their movements
and personal interactions outside of their home to only those necessary to obtain or provide
essential services or conduct essential activities.

A social gathering in a public space is not an essential activity. Local
jurisdictions shall ensure that groups of people greater than ten are not permitted to congregate
in any public space.

Senior citizens and individuals with a significant underlying medical condition
shall stay at home and take all measures to limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19

Old 09-14-2023, 10:20 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Then why is he lying about it now? He gave Fauci a presidential commendation and is now saying he didn't. On camera. When there is video of him doing so. He is either incredibly stupid or he is losing his mental faculties. Or--and this is probably the real truth--he knows his supporters are so stupid they will say the actual video of him giving Fauci the commendation is FAKE NEWS!

Old 09-14-2023, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
DeSaster aka "the lockdown Ron" locked down Florida, - HARD. Its not a lie, its a fact.

Today he is saying he didn't do it, and you are repeating after him, but its not my memory which is failing, its his, and yours.

Florida Governor Orders Statewide Lockdown - April 1, 2020
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronav...ewide-lockdown
Florida has now joined the list of states that are ordering residents to remain in their homes for all but essential activities to help stop the spread of the coronavirus. Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis made the announcement at an afternoon briefing. It was just a few hours after he spoke to President Trump. DeSantis said he's issuing an executive order that will direct "all Floridians to limit movements and personal interactions outside the home to only those necessary to obtain or provide essential services or essential activities."

With this order, Florida is joining more than 30 other states, Washington, D.C., and Puerto Rico in ordering a lockdown. In total, the orders affect more than 85% of the U.S. population. DeSantis said the order will go into effect in Florida on Thursday at midnight.

https://www.flgov.com/wp-content/upl...compressed.pdf

all persons in Florida shall limit their movements
and personal interactions outside of their home to only those necessary to obtain or provide
essential services or conduct essential activities.

A social gathering in a public space is not an essential activity. Local
jurisdictions shall ensure that groups of people greater than ten are not permitted to congregate
in any public space.

Senior citizens and individuals with a significant underlying medical condition
shall stay at home and take all measures to limit the risk of exposure to COVID-19
See my prior post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.