Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2023, 07:50 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
His outright lying on the topic is disturbing to me as well. Trying to claim Ron DeSantis was the problem with responding to COVID is downright insulting. I live in Florida, and DeSantis did a fantastic job DESPITE Trump and his administration.

If Trump thinks anyone is going to buy his version of what happened with COVID, he's as senile as Joe Biden.
I live in Florida and we shut down just like everybody else did in the beginning. It took a while but we finally did open. It was dead as a door nail outside .

Trump talked about opening up because he was very concerned about our economy way before Florida opened up. I remember it so well that's all I did was check the news on covid. I remember being so surprised at what Trump was saying to open up for the economy.

https://youtu.be/lmOm9AC5mfQ?si=-pIs5618S-a8q5-W

Old 09-14-2023, 08:29 PM

9,870 posts, read 4,641,933 times
Trump owns the vax. And under estimated & over tolerated Fauci and scarf lady. He has to spin or deflect that some how. This will be an issue for him

Will say he couldn't wait to reopen and that has to emphasized.

Old 09-14-2023, 08:49 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
Trump has never took responsibility for anything in his life he always passes the buck to someone else.
That is Trump in a nutshell.

Regarding covid. Most world leaders did a horrible job. The lockdowns were much worse in Europe and Canada as well as down in Australia and New Zealand. Sweden was the only western country to get it right. But I don't get the obviously lying and inability to admit when you do make a mistake. Most of the people I have come across in life who cannot never admit when they are wrong are pretty lousy individuals.

Last edited by Oklazona Bound; 09-14-2023 at 09:02 PM..

Old 09-14-2023, 09:00 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,441,941 times
Quote:
He's delusional.

that's been my belief.

Old 09-14-2023, 09:50 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
His outright lying on the topic is disturbing to me as well. Trying to claim Ron DeSantis was the problem with responding to COVID is downright insulting. I live in Florida, and DeSantis did a fantastic job DESPITE Trump and his administration.

If Trump thinks anyone is going to buy his version of what happened with COVID, he's as senile as Joe Biden.

Hotair appears to be manufacturing a controversy for the benefit of DeSantis.

Trump is too far ahead in the Republican primary to be caught by any of the others and he beats Biden, so who cares.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-7383.html

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...iden-7967.html

Old 09-15-2023, 01:49 AM

1,839 posts, read 676,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
Trump ordered lockdowns. Not what I remember

Lockdowns were not Trumps idea. I thought sure it Fauci and Birx demanding it and, of course, Pelosi followed along. That slob Andrew Cuomo was pushing for lockdowns in NY on TV I could swear even more than Fauci and Birx did.

I remember Trump saying about the mask wear it if you want but you don't need to wear the mask. Fauci and Birx mandated the masks too.
Also most of the world was getting in lockdowns. It’s not just a US thing.

Trump was somewhat in the middle. Some were critical he was late acknowledging the seriousness and that people died as a result. He didn’t order domestic air travel to be shutdown as an example. India did. Trump didn’t go the most extreme of what one could but was following through.

My main criticism looking back was his waste of first two years trying to destroy Obamacare which granted protections for people with preexisting conditions. Then he wondered why the Left hated him. Ironically I got the vaccine which Biden mandated to many, now have a preexisting condition from it, but at least my insurance company can’t discriminate based on preexisting conditions thanks to ACA.

DeSantis came out right getting Florida out of an extended lockdown and advocating for schools to open and being critical now of vaccine boosters for the younger population. He deserves some credit but I can’t stand him for basically everything else.

Old 09-15-2023, 03:19 AM

5,150 posts, read 3,758,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Totally agree, and I say this as someone who supported President Trump in 2016 and 2020. Why not just admit that there were some mistakes with the response, and mention that they won’t ever happen again should he become President again.

I mean, he’s still much better than any Democrat, but I’d prefer to have the opportunity to vote for some other Republican this time around. Voting for Joe Biden (lol) is not an option - I care too much about our country to do that.
Ego is too big. He is miles better than the Potato but that ain't saying much. He screwed the pooch bigly here and in addition to that his appointments and non firings can't be overlooked. The swamp just got deeper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.