Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2023, 10:23 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Totally agree, and I say this as someone who supported President Trump in 2016 and 2020. Why not just admit that there were some mistakes with the response, and mention that they won’t ever happen again should he become President again.

I mean, he’s still much better than any Democrat, but I’d prefer to have the opportunity to vote for some other Republican this time around. Voting for Joe Biden (lol) is not an option - I care too much about our country to do that.
I agree, but he would never do that.

It wouldn't be following what he learned from Roy Cohn and from his father

Old 09-14-2023, 10:36 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
Trump listened to the "experts." Who else should he have listened too?

And like he said, it was the beginning of the pandemic and no one really knew the facts. Everything he was told pointed to a massive pandemic and high death rate, so he acted with that assumption.
Nope.

Not initially.

Among other things....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNpr7_iRHa8

Old 09-14-2023, 10:38 AM

3,079 posts, read 1,743,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post

He's delusional. His COVID response, listening to the politically-motivated liars at the CDC and NIH, is disqualifying to me. At least for the primary.

I would really prefer not to have to vote for him again in a general election. We need someone like Ron DeSantis or even Haley or Scott.
I completely agree with all of this.

Old 09-14-2023, 11:26 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
See my prior post.
See DeSaster lockdown order.

Old 09-14-2023, 11:46 AM

6,384 posts, read 2,707,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Then why is he lying about it now? He gave Fauci a presidential commendation and is now saying he didn't. On camera. When there is video of him doing so. He is either incredibly stupid or he is losing his mental faculties. Or--and this is probably the real truth--he knows his supporters are so stupid they will say the actual video of him giving Fauci the commendation is FAKE NEWS!
So where is this video of him giving Fauci a Presidential Commendation?

Here is the "Presidential Commendation" he gave Fauci.

President Trump Awards Presidential Commendations to Operation Warp Speed Team

It was issued on his last day in office and was in relation to Operation Warp Speed. You remember the same program that created the Trump Vaccine that the Democrats said they would never trust. On his last day, he was pretty much persona non grata in DC so I doubt any politician including Fauci would have wanted to be seen with him or be awarded anything by him. So if you have a link to a Video, it would be great to see.

This commendation called out a total of 52 people, with Fauci being one of those people. It doesn't appear he called out Fauci specifically. But again, would be happy to see a video. So this seems like a bit of a stretch to call this a lie when you have Democrats defending Biden forgetting what he said a week ago.

Not that this means I agree with Trump that he did a great job on COVID, honestly I think he started at about a B+ and by the end was a solid F.

Old 09-14-2023, 11:52 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I think Trump did exactly what most other world leaders did in the early days of Covid, plus he went out of his way in gathering the supplies and supporting vaccine development that everyone was convinced we needed.

Anything else people have to say about it is just hindsight speaking and doesn't mean much. If folks want to hate him they should at least have sound reasons and not just recycled soundbites from pundents who know even less than them

Old 09-14-2023, 11:55 AM

14,483 posts, read 12,107,650 times
Agree. He made some serious mistakes on COVID.

He also did some things right.

It was an unprecedented time. Mistakes might be understandable, but he should own them and tell us he's learned something from them, and he's not good at that.

Old 09-14-2023, 12:30 PM

6,101 posts, read 2,723,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Agree. He made some serious mistakes on COVID.

He also did some things right.

It was an unprecedented time. Mistakes might be understandable, but he should own them and tell us he's learned something from them, and he's not good at that.
Trump has never took responsibility for anything in his life he always passes the buck to someone else.

Old 09-14-2023, 12:55 PM

5,067 posts, read 1,666,126 times
more people have died under Biden.

Old 09-14-2023, 04:57 PM

4,389 posts, read 1,698,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofball86 View Post
He will have to say he has Dementia to get out of that lie.
Not really. Trump doesn't try to get out of any lies, he just repeats them over and over and over again, until his peeps believe him. Remember, "Don't believe what your eyes see or what your ears are hearing," (or something to that effect).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.