Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2023, 11:47 AM

29,827 posts, read 24,922,073 times

Advertisements

Free thinking is encouraged and celebrated on the right. The left on the other hand engages in censorship, doxing, forced group think, scripted narratives and talking points, cry bullying, etc. If you don't march in lockstep with the DNC and their far left ideas, you won't get far in that party.

I wonder how long before the leftist controlled media will put out hit pieces telling us how this mayor is somehow a bad guy. Maybe they will roll out a soundbite of him saying something mean/insensitive/derogatory 20 years ago. All it takes is one... Look what they did to Trump for crude locker room talk about women's body parts in 2006... Having a sex drive and testosterone is enough to get you impeached with these rabid Marxists running the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2023, 11:49 AM

45,425 posts, read 60,623,477 times
Dallas Mayoral elections are nonpartisan.

Old 09-24-2023, 12:11 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Free thinking is encouraged and celebrated on the right. The left on the other hand engages in censorship, doxing, forced group think, scripted narratives and talking points, cry bullying, etc. If you don't march in lockstep with the DNC and their far left ideas, you won't get far in that party.
The DNC is a random group of people with no real power other than raising money. Thats literally all they do besides make sure the state parties follow their own rules

Quote:
I wonder how long before the leftist controlled media will put out hit pieces telling us how this mayor is somehow a bad guy. Maybe they will roll out a soundbite of him saying something mean/insensitive/derogatory 20 years ago. All it takes is one... Look what they did to Trump for crude locker room talk about women's body parts in 2006... Having a sex drive and testosterone is enough to get you impeached with these rabid Marxists running the country.
Man is accused of raping multiple women. trying to argue that he made a joke behind closed doors and thats the only problem is laughable.

Old 09-25-2023, 03:38 AM

24,643 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
As much as I'm happy to see someone in his position come to his senses, politically speaking, I don't really like it when politicians switch parties while serving their terms.
I don't blame him, he had no choice, just look at the urban crime he has to deal with under progressive policies.

A significant number of Republicans are former Democrats, and we'll continue to see more blacks turning Republican.

Old 09-25-2023, 04:43 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I don't blame him, he had no choice, just look at the urban crime he has to deal with under progressive policies.

A significant number of Republicans are former Democrats, and we'll continue to see more blacks turning Republican.
He was the mayor and Texas is a Republican state, what "progressive policies" ????

Old 09-25-2023, 04:52 AM

11,800 posts, read 5,804,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
As much as I'm happy to see someone in his position come to his senses, politically speaking, I don't really like it when politicians switch parties while serving their terms. The people of Dallas wanted a Democrat to be their mayor, and he is retroactively denying them that choice. He should have switched while running for election (or re-election) and let the people decide.
Are you saying the people of Dallas are stupid and only vote party lines? Even in NY when I was a Democrat - I voted across party lines for the person that I felt best represented the interests of the community.

Wouldn't matter to me if they changed parties as long as they continued down the path they campaigned on and did what was best for the community.

There are too many hung up on party affiliation.

Old 09-25-2023, 07:49 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,628,150 times
So he pulled a bait and switch on the Electorate that voted for him. In other words he is a liar.
Seems like a perfect fit for the GOP.

Old 09-25-2023, 07:57 AM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
So he pulled a bait and switch on the Electorate that voted for him. In other words he is a liar.
Seems like a perfect fit for the GOP.
People change their minds all the time when circumstances also change that doesn't make them liars! As for lying there has been a hell of lot more lying by the Democrats than the GOP.

Old 09-25-2023, 08:29 AM

6,105 posts, read 2,728,554 times
Eh the guy is a turncoat and defrauded his voters running as a Dem seems like an opportunist.

Old 09-25-2023, 08:36 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,992,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Dallas Mayoral elections are nonpartisan.
I think he has an eye on the state and to be honest, he has some chance to advance his position. Seems like a pretty good mayor from what I see and quite popular with the majority of people. The extreme left will hate him now because they only see party and don't understand much of anything, but the mayor feels he needs to be a Republican at this time in Texas. Within 5 years Texas might go blue however. California took down Arizona and Colorado already. Texas is next on the slate to take down. Shame.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies