Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2024, 07:14 PM

4,909 posts, read 2,060,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBear View Post
All of us veterans would be proud to stand and fight for our country, even those of us that are old and grey and there's no way we could pass the physical, but we could still pull a trigger or push a launch button.

That said, we would fight for our COUNTRY, not for a blithering idiot who should be institutionalized and is more worried about "correct" pronouns than he is about the security of our nation.

Let him close the borders and kick out the illegal aliens, let him start letting the military be the military and not a social experiment, then we'll talk.

Until then, he can go fly a chinese blimp.
Spot on SilverBear!! And thank you for your service!!

I fought two of our wars in my younger years in the Army’s Combat Arms and on the ground. I’m old as freak, broken up, but I still have one more fight left in me to defend my people and our country, but with age, I have more wisdom than I had when I was 17 when I first enlisted back in 1980. With that said, I have ZERO faith and/or confidence within Biden’s ability to lead and I am confident that he would waste American blood without a single care in the world.

All we have to do is look his shameful Full Retreat from Afghanistan and the 13 brave American lives that died because of his pizz poor planning and execution. Now, 3 more brave Americans have died in Jordon and to date, no serious military response on the root of the problem to send a clear message that a price will be paid for killing Americans. This tells me Biden is more concerned with his chocolate chip ice creams than the lives of brave Americans serving on foreign lands.

So!! With Biden’s track record, me out of any of his wars.

On a side note, I think it is sad when somebody who has NEVER served in the military, Active, Reserve or the National Guard, questioning any veteran’s patriotism, commitment and love of our country since less than 1% of ALL Americans, at any given time in modern history, have served in uniform. Sorry, “I” do not consider a spouse or a relative of a veteran, as actually/legally serving within our military and thinking they are qualified to question any veteran’s loyalty and patriotism to our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2024, 07:20 PM

4,583 posts, read 3,410,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenvalleyfan View Post
I can't wait to hear Biden’s story of how he led his troops into battle and fought Lee at Gettysburg....
Not that bad, but he did suggest a slogan from his youth..."Remember the Maine"

Old 02-07-2024, 09:35 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
A lifer in the military can get full retirement in their early 40s.
Double dipping is their typical retirement plan. They leave the military and join some other govt. agency.

Since this is voluntary, instead of starting from the bottom in some other Govt. job, they can go back to the Air Force at the pay grade they had at retirement while getting their full retirement pay too.

Old 02-07-2024, 09:47 PM

16,604 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
https://www.miragenews.com/retired-a...ombat-1169449/

Holy hell. I know it’s an election year but this is madness.

Brandon is going too far. If no one wants to join the military to serve under Brandon, then pay them more, leave retirees out of it.
Many were forced out either due to mandatory covid jabs, or telling them their future was diminished because the military was going full on woke, with diversity being the priority.

Maybe the Air-Force should do what United Airlines is, by recruiting black women from some of the lowest ranked colleges in the country to be pilots. What could possibly go wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlSbvmJt928&t=108s

Old 02-07-2024, 10:27 PM

24,644 posts, read 9,468,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
What's wrong with this?

Sounds like a great idea. These people are already trained, experienced, and were successful enough to retire honorably.
It has "trap" written all over it.

The details say they won't be eligible for promotion, a long with other stipulations.
Quote:
A briefing about the program circulated on social media Tuesday added that airmen who return under the VRRAD program are ineligible for aviation bonuses, and will only deploy unless they volunteer or are assigned to a combat unit. They must also meet performance standards, including physical fitness requirements, and could also be subject to a permanent change of station. They are ineligible to extend their service, or to sign up for the Skillbridge job-transition program.

Retirement benefits will cease the day before a retiree reactivates. Formerly enlisted personnel must not be medically retired, or have retired in the face of administrative or adverse actions, including pending court-martials, be under age 60 and able to receive a security clearance meeting requirements of the position. Commissioned officers must meet similar requirements, and must not have retired because of selective early retirement. Pilots seeking re-entry must have been certified on an Air Force aircraft within the last decade, Master Sgt. Deana Heitzman, and Air Force spokesperson, said.
https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/y...o-active-duty/

Old 02-07-2024, 11:08 PM

174 posts, read 68,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
Anyway!! Security is having a monthly retirement check dropped into you bank account WITHOUT taking any additional risk with your own life again.

Also, if you served more than 20 years in the military, you’re good in the comradely department since you most likely do not have too much in common with today’s youth. And if you retired, I am pretty sure nobody is willing to jump back into all the BS politicking and backstabbing… And now, throw in several layers of WOKE-ism AND unrealistic mission expectations, you would have to be stupid to risk what you already have!!

The reality of today’s military is accidentally using the wrong pronouns and calling a trans “She” a “He,” and facing an investigation or even criminal chargers!! Heck no!!
These were the kinds of thoughts that immediately came to mind for me when I read about this policy as well. I have several close friends who retired and not one of them would risk their pensions by going back in under today's leadership. People really are losing their careers because they offend some new woke policy in some way, even if unintentionally. It simply isn't worth the risk.

Old 02-08-2024, 02:05 AM

27,154 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
" Just last year, when I was speaking to General Eisenhower about dealing with the Viet Cong in North Africa, he told me that he had never met a more brilliant civilian military strategemizer since Field Marshall Corn Pop, so we decided that my strategerific plan of using Sherman's troops to push Hannibal out of the Congo was how we can end racism in Finland. Come on man, you can't tell me I don't know my military stuff."
That's Joe Biden!

Old 02-08-2024, 02:10 AM

1,084 posts, read 553,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
A lifer in the military can get full retirement in their early 40s.
Double dipping is their typical retirement plan. They leave the military and join some other govt. agency.

Since this is voluntary, instead of starting from the bottom in some other Govt. job, they can go back to the Air Force at the pay grade they had at retirement while getting their full retirement pay too.
As Rocko posted above, no double dipping. Retirement stops the day before you go back in. Doesnt seem to be anything stating you go back in at your former paygrade either.

Old 02-08-2024, 03:08 AM

38,645 posts, read 26,393,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
What's wrong with this?

Sounds like a great idea. These people are already trained, experienced, and were successful enough to retire honorably.

This is voluntary. I would guess there are a number of successful military career people who miss the security and comradery of the military.
What's wrong with it is ass-backward DEI culture has pissed off patriotic young men, the sort that ooze toxic masculinity, poor and working class guys, the sort we'll need to fight the next war, to the point that they have now collectively told us to **** off and die.

Years ago, I predicted this day would come.

Old 02-08-2024, 03:30 AM

1,702 posts, read 784,260 times
Let people who voted for him, SERVE. They should want to, since they agree with his direction.

Military Retirees shouldn’t be in harms way, while mostly progressives get to stay home and chill. How hypocritical and cowardly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies