Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2024, 09:51 AM

43,059 posts, read 18,223,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
What is this medicine that 'bleeding heart white liberals' are going to taste? It seems the changing demographics is a bitter pill for a certain segment of conservatives, but most others don't really care much.
The demographics are already baked into the pie, there is no changing it unless there were a massive deportation of 20 million or more, and that isn't happening. It is quite the opposite, another 5K are probably entering today, while another 5700 boomers are passing away daily. These poor illegals are replacing an aging workforce. There weren't enough Americans born to get the jobs done, and many conservatives have wanted to keep the quotas too low. If anything, "Bleeding heart white liberals" are reveling more now than ever. Personally, I see it as just doing what is necessary to keep the nation's workforce intact so we can compete better globally.
But with little to no education (5-8th grade) they are all going for the min wage FF/retail jobs.

Not a very good replacement strategy.

Old 02-14-2024, 09:51 AM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
None of them are "illegal". They are all "legally" here because they filled out the CBP app for asylum.
Biden designated 16 countries where people can claim TPS...temporary protected status.

That used to be for people that feared for their life if they are returned to their country.
Now it's used for people who fear they will be poor if they are returned to their country.

And since they are all "legally" here they qualify for welfare programs and can get jobs.

Using the law to break the law.
There is nothing at all “legal” in what Joe Traitor, and his regime of criminals are doing. His ass being in the White House is in fact the result of criminal fraud, so even he isn’t “legal”, and his every action is by default, illegal.

What few Americans seem to realize is that this actually is not a matter of “immigration”, legal or illegal. This is an orchestrated invasion, paid for and coordinated by foreign adversarial groups, and assisted and facilitated by criminal traitors posing as legitimate American political leadership.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 02-14-2024 at 10:02 AM..

Old 02-14-2024, 09:54 AM

23,477 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
None of them are "illegal". They are all "legally" here because they filled out the CBP app for asylum.
Biden designated 16 countries where people can claim TPS...temporary protected status.

That used to be for people that feared for their life if they are returned to their country.
Now it's used for people who fear they will be poor if they are returned to their country.

And since they are all "legally" here they qualify for welfare programs and can get jobs.

Using the law to break the law.
I just don't see how anyone who fails to pass our asylum law requirements, because they use fake information or have no information at all to prove their asylum claims, can be considered 'legal' asylum seekers. The Biden* administration is lying to us about them being "legal" asylum seekers.

Old 02-14-2024, 09:54 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,628,378 times
Quote:
But with little to no education (5-8th grade) they are all going for the min wage FF/retail jobs.

Bring back all the assembly plants , and employ these min wage workers, and we can become the next "low cost" country that the world offshores too...

Old 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM

16,552 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruhkus View Post
Although I'm not a fan of the illegal immigration going on, I was surprised to see that the CBO indicated that immigration will add about $7 trillion over the next decade to the economy, even with a lot of the workers being lower skilled.

It apparently also helped to avoid a recession.

Link
That is all based on smoke, mirrors and assumptions.
Not all illegal aliens will be hard workers, and that is especially true of the OTM's (Other Than Mexicans) coming in from cultures where they want to work as little as possible, and have the government provide for them.

Not that I care, but before anyone starts in with I am a ___ist or ____phobe against brown people, look at Germany after WWII. The Germans in the east went from being industrious, intelligent, and hard working, to virtual slugs doing as little as possible under the communist regime. After several generations it was evident that the German culture (they had previously) had been diminished to the point of West Germany questioning how much it would cost, and how much time it would take to re-educate the East Germans and get them on par with the West again.

Rest assured many of the OTM's that are coming in, are unlike before where seasonal migrants would come in to work, this new crop are allowed to get free everything. Once you allow and establish that, many of the ones who might have worked hard even with their limited skill set, will become entitled and refuse to work.
Additionally, we have never allowed in people from all over the 3rd world like we are doing now.
Why?
Because most would not attempt the journey from Africa or the Middle East, figuring they couldn't get in.
But now with Biden & Co's open border, you see them pouring in from over 200 different countries from around the world.

As I had posted in another similar thread;

There are NGO's (some funded by globalists and/or the UN) that are advocates for welfare and other American tax payer resources hoping to give them an initial boost, with the mindset being once they started to work, they would stop accepting government handouts.
That was a quaint notion as Americans coming out of the great depression that needed to get a helping hand were embarrassed, ashamed, and couldn't wait to stand on their own two feet again.
Some even tried to pay back the government what they felt they owed for having been on some type of aid.
This was depicted in the movie "Cinderella Man" when he had to take public assistance to feed his family, and ask for handouts to put on the heat to get his wife and kids back;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNXTKVxOmfk

and then later when he pays it all back;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9yYdx_uTqs

So the bleeding hearts predicted that after X amount years most of them would be off the one or two programs designed to help them.
As you might imagine it was a failure, and after the follow-ups were conducted, they found that instead of them being off the initial programs, they were still on those, and had increased the number of programs they were able to sign up for. Worse, they felt entitled to everything they were getting, and never intending on getting off the public dime.

Unfortunately, some of the cultures of other parts of the Americas and other 3rd world places are the opposite of ours. Not only do they want their fish per day given to them, but demand it be prepared a certain way, rather than go out and catch it their self.

As it stands now, look at everything being given to them from luxury hotels, gift cards, etc., etc., etc. over and above what we do for our own citizens that are homeless/poor.

Does anyone think the CBO is factoring in the cost of all the Americans dying of Fentanyl (i.e. loss of production, and all the money that went into educating and raising them)?

Combine that with the criminal gangs that will ply their trade (you can bet the CBO will not estimate those type of loses in their calculations), and if we have a terrorist attack of any magnitude, rest assured that cost will not be calculated either.
So this pie in the sky rubbish the CBO came up with is political Kabuki theater, to estimate the best-case scenario on false assumptions, and leave out other current tangible facts, without any negative assumptions.

Old 02-14-2024, 10:01 AM

2,157 posts, read 1,441,352 times
Quote:

Well, many of them have a little more education than that, but either way given how poor our own education system is at the high school level, they aren't missing much. Learning how many protons are in carbon, or 16th century Shakespeare won't help a worker figure out how to use a lathe or make him a better bus driver. Most of the time people learn skills on the job which is why so many illegals are thriving. They are generally much more motivated because they survival depends on it.

Old 02-14-2024, 10:03 AM

23,477 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
What is this medicine that 'bleeding heart white liberals' are going to taste? It seems the changing demographics is a bitter pill for a certain segment of conservatives, but most others don't really care much.
The demographics are already baked into the pie, there is no changing it unless there were a massive deportation of 20 million or more, and that isn't happening. It is quite the opposite, another 5K are probably entering today, while another 5700 boomers are passing away daily. These poor illegals are replacing an aging workforce. There weren't enough Americans born to get the jobs done, and many conservatives have wanted to keep the quotas too low. If anything, "Bleeding heart white liberals" are reveling more now than ever. Personally, I see it as just doing what is necessary to keep the nation's workforce intact so we can compete better globally.
You have consistently been proven wrong, when are you going to finally realize it?

"There weren't enough Americans born to get the jobs done".

Ah, another far left bogus talking point.

It had previously been proven to you that when Trump put that remain in MX policy in place, and illegals were sent back to MX, that the jobs illegals were doing were being filled by the citizens of this country. Citizens were once again doing those jobs because the business owners had no choice but to start paying fair wages again so that they could get workers.

Old 02-14-2024, 10:05 AM

15,061 posts, read 8,622,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Bring back all the assembly plants , and employ these min wage workers, and we can become the next "low cost" country that the world offshores too...
Not when you have laws being passed requiring burger flippers to be paid $40k per year!

Old 02-14-2024, 10:06 AM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
That's pretty much the way I see it. I call myself a conservative and don't vote for Democrats. I don't feel particularly threatened by illegals.
Put me in the "don't care much" category.

One thing I DO wish would happen: I wish the legislature would find the backbone to pass immigration legislation that actually made sense. As it is, there is simply no way for an honest, skilled laborer from Central America to legally enter the country and work - the quotas are too small and the line is too long.

The authority most relied upon is Dr Nicholas Eberstadt. There are lots of videos out there so I won't pick on. Interested parties will find him. He points out there are 6M men who do not have jobs and are not looking. It is my contention that jobs are out there. What we are seeing is a plethora of entitled man-children who do not progress through life as they grow older. Fine. We'll go find men who do want to work.

Old 02-14-2024, 10:13 AM

2,157 posts, read 1,441,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
You have consistently been proven wrong, when are you going to finally realize it?
No, but you can pretend that is the case if it makes you feel better.

Quote:
"There weren't enough Americans born to get the jobs done".

Ah, another far left bogus talking point.
Nothing to do with 'left wing', just the reality of the situation....whether you like it or not!

Quote:
It had previously been proven to you that when Trump put that remain in MX policy in place, and illegals were sent back to MX, that the jobs illegals were doing were being filled by the citizens of this country. Citizens were once again doing those jobs because the business owners had no choice but to start paying fair wages again so that they could get workers.
I don't recall being a part of this particular conversation so why are you bringing me into it retroactively? And I certainly don't agree with your conclusion.
There are tens of millions of illegals and probably another 10 million anchor babies by now also in the workforce. There weren't nearly enough American workers sitting on the sidelines waiting for a magical higher paying job to appear. Currently unemployment is at 3.7%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies