Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2024, 12:26 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
I agree with all of this.
It seems the country has reached an impasse on this one....for now.
It’s absolute nonsense, which explains why you agree. The reality is, legal immigration has been deliberately restricted, becsuse those who have been in control of it do not want highly educated, self sufficient, intelligent thinking people as replacements for the self sufficient intelligent thinking people. That defeats the purpose of the “replacement program” which is to create a society of abject serfs, in a reinvented feudalism model.

And it’s pretty clever, if not also insidious, because you’ll guarantee a massive increase in bank robberies when you make bank robbery the easier way to withdraw funds, than to stand in a long line that never moves closer to the bank teller’s window. All of the legitimate bank customers will be turned away, and all of the criminals who don’t mind robbing banks will have a field day.

So, legitimate immigration, particularly from complementary European societies, and of persons who are desirable and would benefit the country has been almost eliminated, because this is not the objective. The objective is a “take down”.

Quote:
The stats don't lie, people's age is what it is, and when people die it is what it is also. I don't know why you have to try to personalize this, I don't think it is 'left wing' to want a motivated hard-working workforce, which is what the illegals add to. It is just unfortunate you don't have a proper immigration system, given the countries needs.
Statistics do lie, as do statisticians. That old saying is true … there are lies, damned lies, and then there are statistics.

And it most certainly is a “leftwing” operation facilitating the wholesale invasion of the country with massive numbers of unskilled, uneducated, adult dependents, totally reliant on government provided basic subsistence.

Furthermore, it’s absurd to conflate a “ motivated hard working workforce” with an entire class of government dependents. Just how large do you think the shortfall of landscapers is in Minnesota in February?

The truth is, every word you type is pure garbage, having no connection to anything remotely true. And this fact is evident when places like New York City, and their Democrat run government are screaming bloody murder over a a couple hundred “migrants” coming in on buses from Texas. If this were some economic windfall of able, hard working labor, they wouldn’t be balling like babies. Their protests reveal tne truth … if a couple hundred “migrants” are such a huge burden on a city like New York, and cause such a meltdown, with the Mayor of New York calling for federal assistance, that ought to clue you in on the devastation represented by TEN’S OF MILLIONS being shipped all over the country.

Quote:
Take over?, yes it may well be 50 million illegals and offspring, and yes, they will continue to thrive and multiply. The majority of the 200 million you seem to be referencing isn't at all unified on taking the hard-liner approach you seem to advocate. A pretty fair percentage of the 200 million, relies on the illegals in various ways, and many are even diapered by them, so they certainly aren't going to be very interested in seeing them leave.
I wasn’t referring to illegals in that 50 million figure …. I was referring to the 50 Million dolts in this country who have traditionally identified themselves as dumber than a box of donuts by their continuous support of the Democrats destroying the country for decades.

While you’ll not discover this truth in the echo chamber of liberal lunacy, that number is shrinking rapidly, which explains why democrats have had to engage in historic levels of fraud just to remain politically relevant over the past few years. The cat is out of the bag, and the awakening has begun in earnest. And it’s not a linear thing … it’s exponential…. With the biggest sign being how the mainstream news has become almost entirely irrelevant. Their viewership now comprises about 15% of dumbest if the dumb, and that’s it.

Quote:
I know, I know, another big conspiriacy regarding the unemployment rate of 3.7%...of course 5 years ago it was touted (Rightfully so)when Trump was at the helm...now suddenly they are worthless. I believe they are basically on target.
Unemployment figures are smoke and mirrors no matter who the President is. And it’s not a conspiracy theory … it’s just how the figures are calculated. If you knew how those figures are created, you would know that. More importantly, it’s not just these figures people are dismissing as nonsense … everything being reported by the mainstream news is being similarly rejected by a growing majority. This is why the the globalist deep state is in a panic.

When shows like Infowars and Alex Jones has a viewership larger than all three of the major networks combined, the game is over, and they know it. Nobody believes the propaganda anymore, aside the growing minority of low information types, and leftist ideologues.

What is happening is a classic Marxist model of revolution. This has been practiced and implemented countless times historically, around the world, often described as “color revolutions”. Conventional military conquest is not always the first point of action, but is frequently the last resort. When the desire is to reset, or reshape society, it is most often done by covert means, from the inside.

Thats exactly what is happening now, with open borders just one of several simultaneous operations to affect that outcome. But its failing. And ultimately, it will fail completely, though not without some pain.

All of the signs of failure are present … as is the stench of desperation among the self anointed elite, as it’s becoming harder to cover up.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 02-14-2024 at 12:42 PM..

Old 02-14-2024, 12:28 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
.. And you, if you need a new roof on your house.
Or much more than a roof when God punishes Florida with more hurricanes.

Old 02-14-2024, 12:34 PM

62,950 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
But with little to no education (5-8th grade) they are all going for the min wage FF/retail jobs.

Not a very good replacement strategy.
How are these illegals going to replace the baby boomers anyway? Since when are most baby boomers the unskilled and uneducated that can't even speak English? Most baby boomers were burger flippers, leaf blowers, etc.? Someone is grasping at straws in here.

Old 02-14-2024, 01:02 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Any central American leader who wanted to do good for their country was labeled a communist, ousted and replaced by a right wing dictator chosen by us. Those are our chickens coming home to roost on the border.

Old 02-14-2024, 01:03 PM

15,089 posts, read 8,634,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We already have a young, healthy American workforce to work any job in this country for a fair wage. The sentiments of those who are faciliating and supporting illegal immigration for personal gain and that includes our elected officials doesn't matter one iota! Only our immigration laws do so why even mention these traitors?
Look, while few people realize it, Mexico is one of the wealthiest nations on earth, and yet it remains a virtual 3rd world agrarian nation run by criminal cartels, and is so far behind Western Euro-American standards, it’s not even comparable.

So this notion that mass immigration from Mexico and Central America is a means of supplying much needed labor to the US is a pure joke. The United States is the most technologically advanced country in the world, and the source of the majority of technological advancements in the world over the last century. There is little that a group of millions of poor migrants coming from a more primitive agrarian background can offer US economy, or it’s modern technology based culture, other than devolving into the same.

This nation was not fueled by tequila and tacos, and it won’t be carried into a more prosperous future by them either.

Last edited by GuyNTexas; 02-14-2024 at 01:14 PM..

Old 02-14-2024, 01:10 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,810,543 times
I think this report is much more comprehensive. https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/ev...-testimony.pdf

Old 02-14-2024, 01:19 PM

23,563 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
And what number is that "fair wage" ?

No one ever gives a number.
Minimum wage and up.

Quote:
They aren't illegals. They are legally here...asylum seekers.
And the Dept of Labor is putting a new proposed rule out tomorrow to allow companies to permanently hire non-citizens...no more "visas".
Sure, right, keep telling yourself that.

Old 02-14-2024, 01:38 PM

25,573 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
I just can't get past this.

The average monthly rent is $1300 a month.
The average monthly salary of a HS graduate is $2900.

Now, these millions of "asylum seekers" , many unskilled, many that struggle with the English language, many have no transportation, many have nothing but the clothes on their backs and they are going to come here and add to our economy ?

I can't see how they are going to be able to afford rent much less be a net positive to our economy.
My experience with illegals is that they live in groups together. Sometimes big family, sometimes lots of roommates.
Also my experience is, they don't work for peanuts. It's fun to believe they will work for 10$ a day, but my experience is, they won't. And that $2900?...... That's before taxes. Illegals rarely bother with taxes.

I call them illegals because... well, that way everyone knows what I am talking about.

Old 02-14-2024, 01:40 PM

43,096 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How are these illegals going to replace the baby boomers anyway? Since when are most baby boomers the unskilled and uneducated that can't even speak English? Most baby boomers were burger flippers, leaf blowers, etc.? Someone is grasping at straws in here.
They are just arguing over numbers. Not skill, not age, not education level, not citizenship status.
Just numbers.

Old 02-14-2024, 01:45 PM

43,096 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
I think this report is much more comprehensive. https://judiciary.house.gov/sites/ev...-testimony.pdf
So much truth in that testimony. Too bad they only have 2022 numbers.

modest levels of education
60% using welfare programs
$70 billion in k-12 education costs

Some key takeaways from that testimony
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.