Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2024, 03:17 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
As has been stated, there is no victim in this case.
Trump will win on appeal.
Other than Trump, I don't see a victim in this case either. I do think even more will flee, as they have already lost 158 companies: https://www.news10.com/news/158-comp...experts-react/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9gIez5DhIc

Old 02-17-2024, 04:02 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas863 View Post
This is the "game" that every bank deals with on a daily basis. I take it that you've never sought a loan from the Commerical Lending Department of a large bank. It is standard practice for the bank to require an updated Net Worth statement. This includes not only your income, but also your assets and liabilities.

No one, and I mean NO ONE undervalues their own assets when seeking one of these loans. The banks, of course, are used to this practice and have their own appraisers to assess the veracity of these net worth statements. Based on what I've read, none of the banks that lent money to Trump lost any money on the loans. Trump paid them all back with interest as agreed.

So, who is the "victim" here? If Trump paid back every loan with interest, as agreed, then who is the victim?

Funny thing, these same types of people going after Trump for this BS want these college students who took out expensive college loans with NO collateral to get off the hook because their overpriced degrees ended up being worthless 4 years later. So by the same merits, shouldn't this prosecutor go after all of these colleges that over value the price of their classes?

Old 02-17-2024, 04:07 PM

5,517 posts, read 8,762,507 times
Financial crimes like this are not “victimless” because they effectively penalize every business that accurately values its assets. Those businesses will end up paying more than they would have otherwise, all things being equal. That is bad for corporations and the reason the state has this statute in the first place — to create an equal playing field. And that is a pro-business attitude despite what many posters believe. And I suspect that the lenders accepted the high property valuations only because of the “prestige” of having Trump as a client. Now they look incompetent and untrustworthy just as the commercial real estate market is tanking. A pox on all their houses.

This judgement isn’t anything but a clear demonstration that the bigger they are, the harder they fall.

Old 02-17-2024, 04:18 PM

10,443 posts, read 4,030,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Other than Trump, I don't see a victim in this case either. I do think even more will flee, as they have already lost 158 companies: https://www.news10.com/news/158-comp...experts-react/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9gIez5DhIc
I'm not worried. I think the SCOTUS ruled on the Texas not being allowed to take matters into their own hands with the border so they can also tell the blue states they can't keep a candidate off the ballots or try and use frivolous law suits to attack candidates. And what the DA and judge in NYC are doing is in my opinion, a violation of the 4th amendment. I didn't like it when the district attorneys and special attorneys went after Bill Clinton over that stupid affair and I don't like what they are doing to Trump either. Both were witch hunts because I do believe both guys got in the way of the deep state's globalist plans. Only thing, Clinton folded in the end when he signed NAFTA and didn't try to retain the US's control of the Panama Canal.

Old 02-17-2024, 05:18 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,108,580 times
Something for businesses to consider. A mass exodus? That’s highly unlikely.

Old 02-17-2024, 05:34 PM

37,177 posts, read 19,179,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Corporations based in New York could be headed for the exits, after seeing the Trump biz verdict.

New York has already lost >50% of its Fortune 500's, but this verdict could cause many of the rest to leave New York too.

This verdict, sets the tone for a toxic business environment in NY, which the Fortune 500 hates, & fears.

Also, work-from-home means Fortune 500's can hire a workforce that is disbursed geographically, and no longer require large office spaces so common to New York. This trend is already hurting New York City's small businesses that cater to the urban work force.

Office space occupancy is cratering in NYC, & this verdict will amplify that trend.

I predict this verdict will expedite the exodus of big corp jobs leaving New York.

Trump will just move his empire to Florida, like others have already done...and many more will follow suit.

NY Libs have won the battle, but lost the war.
Says Trump.

Old 02-17-2024, 06:02 PM

5,966 posts, read 3,706,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
Financial crimes like this are not “victimless” because they effectively penalize every business that accurately values its assets. Those businesses will end up paying more than they would have otherwise, all things being equal. That is bad for corporations and the reason the state has this statute in the first place — to create an equal playing field. And that is a pro-business attitude despite what many posters believe. And I suspect that the lenders accepted the high property valuations only because of the “prestige” of having Trump as a client. Now they look incompetent and untrustworthy just as the commercial real estate market is tanking. A pox on all their houses.

This judgement isn’t anything but a clear demonstration that the bigger they are, the harder they fall.
It's clear that you don't understand the situation at all. There were no "victims". No one was involved in this other than the Trump corporation and the banks he did business with. This verdict penalizes no one but Trump.

The banks did NOT lend unreasonable amounts of money to Trump. The banks did their due diligence and evaluated the properties as they should have been. In fact, many of Trump's properties were evaluated at an unreasonably LOW price by the banks. They did NOT accept what Trump claimed they were worth.

No one is looking "incompetent and untrustworthy" other than the prosecutor and her cronies who are bringing criminal charges against Trump for allegedly defrauding the banks who are not complaining at all and who have not lost a penny in these transactions! In fact, the banks have made many MILLIONS of dollars off Trump on these loans.

How the hell can the law prosecute someone when there is no victim and no one even CLAIMING to be a victim?????

Old 02-17-2024, 06:21 PM

23,968 posts, read 15,063,270 times
Everybody in NYC knew about Trump. Nobody will leave because of Trump.

May be other reasons. Most people are happy about the result.

Old 02-17-2024, 06:35 PM

6,646 posts, read 2,956,027 times
While I wouldn't be surprised that Trump and ALL those billionaire tycoon types in NYC are not boy scouts in the world of finance, I think the Mayor , especially the previous one did way more harm and is still doing way more harm to NY and NYers.

Out of all the problems going on in the city, booting Trump out isn't going to change that.

Old 02-17-2024, 06:44 PM

23,477 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Everybody in NYC knew about Trump. Nobody will leave because of Trump.

May be other reasons. Most people are happy about the result.
They wouldn't be leaving because of Trump. They would be leaving because they wouldn't want to be politically persecuted and be fined huge amounts and/or lose their businesses because of eager AG's and judge's. Democrats have made it easy for that to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies