Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2024, 12:11 PM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I think that's what's going on.

There are only so many Dollar stores, Walmarts, T.J.Maxx, etc. that one area can support.

A lot of folks switched to online shopping during the pandemic and just need switched back.

Yes. Walgreen's, CVS, Rite Aid never made their profits from prescriptions, they made their profits selling lawn chairs and Easter candy and shampoo and vitamins. But why would I buy my shampoo at CVS for $11.99 when it's $6.99 at Walmart and Amazon? So they are running into problems. In DT case, there is probably a lot of overlap with Family Dollar stores in the same area as Dollar Tree, competing with each other. That makes no sense for a company to pay rent on 2 buildings when they own both stores, and now they are eliminating a lot of Family Dollar stores.

I don't think people are switching back anytime soon. The pandemic had a lot of people buying food/groceries online, but people have been buying other items online since long before the pandemic.

Old 03-20-2024, 01:40 PM

16,072 posts, read 6,843,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
The two Dollar Trees I patronize the most.......one is in a zip code where the median HHI is 88k yr and the average HHI is 110k yr, and the other is in a zip code where the median HHI is 75k yr and the average HHI is 121k yr.
Awesome being respectful of your neighborhood and business.

My opinion:

Keep location to yourself. No need to invite riffraff to wreak havoc.

Old 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM

16,072 posts, read 6,843,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detachable arm View Post
That's how the $ Tree is near me, located in a high income / high education area. Great place if you mix your own cleaning supplies. Good for cheap mens shampoo, travel toiletries, painting sundries, movie theater candy, sometimes have a deal on car detailing stuff. Nice people working there.

I went to another one in Orange County CA a few months ago and it was POS, sketchy characters outside, equally as rough & tough employees, poor lighting inside, inventory was a mess.

Opinion:
Your doing a service to your neighborhood by keeping location private.

Old 03-20-2024, 08:23 PM

1,824 posts, read 802,049 times
Well, hey, the local Dollar Tree had an armed robbery around 8:00 Monday night. This is the one I mentioned in a earlier post, that just had the tweaker-ravaged a/c replaced after two years.

This genius got around $1,800 after dropping his 9mm bullets all over the floor.I have much more I would like to say but I will refrain.

Old 03-20-2024, 09:44 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
They, and other companies like CVS, Walgreens, Target etc would rather this than stop with the wokeness and political correctness and have armed security that are allowed to use force, and allow their employees to confront shoplifters, and allow their employees to be armed. They clearly are very fearful of the liberal left, BLM, etc.

Observe and report is useless. They should have armed security that is allowed to use force and make citizens arrests, and employees who are allowed to openly and physically confront the criminals and make citizens arrests.

Old 03-20-2024, 10:13 PM

1,824 posts, read 802,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
They, and other companies like CVS, Walgreens, Target etc would rather this than stop with the wokeness and political correctness and have armed security that are allowed to use force, and allow their employees to confront shoplifters, and allow their employees to be armed. They clearly are very fearful of the liberal left, BLM, etc.

Observe and report is useless. They should have armed security that is allowed to use force and make citizens arrests, and employees who are allowed to openly and physically confront the criminals and make citizens arrests.
Did you read my post above about my local Dollar Tree? A Dollar Tree employee should have confronted the ARMED ROBBER who had a HAND GUN???

Old 03-21-2024, 07:44 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
All these posts later, and most folks still blaming the victim instead of understanding that we have abandoned both private property and self-ownership rights.

It is apparently Dollar Tree and Family Dollar's fault that we no longer prosecute or even arrest people for petit larceny. It is apparently Dollar Tree and Family Dollar's fault that we no longer allow people to defend themselves or their property. Shame on Dollar Tree and Family Dollar!!

We have handed over our natural rights to an angry mob of looters with a sigh and a shrug of the shoulders, and we blame anyone who becomes a victim of that mob for being dumb enough to attract the mob's attention.

Wow.

Old 03-21-2024, 07:50 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
All these posts later, and most folks still blaming the victim instead of understanding that we have abandoned both private property and self-ownership rights.

It is apparently Dollar Tree and Family Dollar's fault that we no longer prosecute or even arrest people for petit larceny. It is apparently Dollar Tree and Family Dollar's fault that we no longer allow people to defend themselves or their property. Shame on Dollar Tree and Family Dollar!!

We have handed over our natural rights to an angry mob of looters with a sigh and a shrug of the shoulders, and we blame anyone who becomes a victim of that mob for being dumb enough to attract the mob's attention.

Wow.
Well, we haven't. Government has. And that's a BIG problem.

Old 03-21-2024, 07:54 AM

13,954 posts, read 5,623,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Well, we haven't. Government has. And that's a BIG problem.
"We" have the government "we" vote for.

Government implements the policies "we" demand.

"we" have abandoned natural, individual rights because someday "we" may need the tyranny of the collective to override those rights so that "we" can enjoy safety, security and comfort without using a single unit of input work of our own.

Old 03-21-2024, 10:49 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,474,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post

Wow.

Theft is not the primary reason or even a large part of the reason they are closing Family Dollar stores, as has been stated and articles linked to throughout the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies