Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2008, 12:30 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleer View Post
It makes more sense for women to get fixed.
Really? It's a lot more invasive for a woman than it is for a man.

But I know, it's a male ego thing ("They're gonna snip my WHAT?!?")

I do wonder what the stats are--

But just for the sake of argument, seems like a man could in theory impregnate lots of women in 9 months.

But a woman can have sex with a lot of men but only be pregnant once in a 9-month period.

Just a thought--

Old 07-02-2008, 12:33 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,564 times
Quote:
WTH??? Are women impregnating themselves? Why should we bare the sole responsibility of birth control? If only we could post pictures and names of people like you. The anonymity allows people to really show their cruel, selfish colors. mad:

Old 07-02-2008, 12:37 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post

But just for the sake of argument, seems like a man could in theory impregnate lots of women in 9 months.

But a woman can have sex with a lot of men but only be pregnant once in a 9-month period.

Just a thought--

Good point! Ever see those Maury shows where the man has 3 and 4 women pregnant at the same time and he's not taking care of any of them. Also, a man's ability to procreate is much longer than a woman's which is why you can see a 60 year old man having a baby with his 25 year old wife (after he dumped the older wife).

Old 07-02-2008, 12:41 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,668,752 times
Quote:
Um, what? It is a much more dangerous and involved procedure for a woman to have her tubes tied.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:44 PM

kleer, you are hereby thrown to the wolves! lol

Old 07-02-2008, 12:46 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,643,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
Many people are just aversed to going to doctors/hospitals/clinics even people with decent health benefits. When birth control can be purchased as easily as Tylenol then maybe we would see significantly less low income families with many kids.
Condoms are available for purchase at every store, hell even in some restrooms in bars. It doesn't get much easier then that.....

Old 07-02-2008, 12:49 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,643,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, although I am against abortion...big time....in the same, you cannot control people..all you can do is try and control your own life and do the best that you can.

Our coutry is still a free world, and abortion has been going on in this world probably longer then you could begin to imagine, just like crime, wars over really stupid stuff, murders, etc. It was here before you were here, and it will be here long after your gone. If you outlaw it, all you'll do is make it very profitable for some doctors who would perform coat hanger abortions illegally...

so, it is simply something we're going to have to bear while we are here on this earth, and try and make something better out of our own lives, instead of trying to control the lives of others...

I feel ya, and definately know where your coming from...believe me...but you will never be able to control people to do what you feel is right. Never. All you can do, is live your life to the best of your ability. Sorry, but it's the cold harded truth. I'm not saying you have to accept it...what I'm saying is...there are just some things in life you have no control over....and this is one of them....sorry...but it's fact.

It is sooooo beyond me, why people in this world today...don't use protection...????? geeze, it would be so simple, you'd think. Especially low income familes that have 6 kids or more?????? What in the world is wrong with people's intellectual levels today? That is what really baffles me?

hugs
Creme
I am with you on this........while I do think that abortion at any stage is an ending of a life -- a human one no less, I do understand that abortion can never be eradicated. It is here and here it will stay. My position is that the early done the more humane the procedure is for both fetus and mother.
But it does annoy me to no end when prochoicers use insulting dogma "its just like my toenail" to make a point. Its fallacy, its hyperbole and frankly, its just plain idiotic.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:05 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:

Just a thought--
Good point. But, as for myself, I was sterilized immediately after the birth of my second because I knew I didnt want anymore children. I did it for me.

Old 07-02-2008, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Good point. But, as for myself, I was sterilized immediately after the birth of my second because I knew I didnt want anymore children. I did it for me.
Me too, I had 3 and that was enough; not worth taking chances on another (and, on topic, having to make a potentially devastating decision).

Old 07-02-2008, 03:18 PM

37,472 posts, read 61,423,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
Okay, you got me there; but are those people having abortions, or dealing with parenthood when they have a child? Is late-term abortion a common practice in those nations?
I do not know.

In my travels, I got the impression that abortion by herb, and abortion by 'coat-hanger', are two fairly common methods in primitive cultures with no advanced medical services.

Both of those methods tend to have a high mortality rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies