Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2008, 10:54 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,815,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
Goodness grief Aaron. Why don't we just go back to the biblical days and stone individuals that have sex outside of marriage, commit adultery, etc. as this would at least significantly reduce the number of abortions.
Well TECHNICALLY his argument is most in line with the pro-lifers: a fetus is a real 100% bonafide person. Wouldn't you want to severely punish someone for stabbing a baby in the heart with a coat hanger?

Then again, I'm pro-choice, sorry AaronK

Old 07-02-2008, 11:02 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,113,256 times
I have reached the conclusion that there is simply no point in trying to discuss abortion with those who have almost a cult like devotion to the death of babies. Does that include all those who are pro choice? No. I have had many intelligent discussions with those who are pro choice. But they don't call babies invading parasites or women breeders. Nor do they equate having an abortion with getting their toenails clipped or brushing their teeth. It is my firm belief that 20 years from now we will look back on this time of "abortions for everyone under every circumstance" with the same horror as we now look back on the time when the supreme court upheld the right to own other human beings and equated those other human beings as 3/5 of a person. Until that day, I will just have to continue to hope and pray.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:09 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,524,223 times
Don't just hope and pray! Donate your time and resources to impoverished children! Undertake a campaign of sex education! Distribute condoms!

Old 07-02-2008, 11:15 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,815,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Don't just hope and pray! Donate your time and resources to impoverished children! Undertake a campaign of sex education! Distribute condoms!
Or you could bomb another Planned Parenthood!

Old 07-02-2008, 11:22 AM

2,779 posts, read 7,524,223 times
But first tie up traffic while assualting women!

Old 07-02-2008, 11:26 AM

28,899 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Can you make an intelligent argument for abortion that doesn't equate abortion with tooth decay?

yes, although I am against abortion...big time....in the same, you cannot control people..all you can do is try and control your own life and do the best that you can.

Our coutry is still a free world, and abortion has been going on in this world probably longer then you could begin to imagine, just like crime, wars over really stupid stuff, murders, etc. It was here before you were here, and it will be here long after your gone. If you outlaw it, all you'll do is make it very profitable for some doctors who would perform coat hanger abortions illegally...

so, it is simply something we're going to have to bear while we are here on this earth, and try and make something better out of our own lives, instead of trying to control the lives of others...

I feel ya, and definately know where your coming from...believe me...but you will never be able to control people to do what you feel is right. Never. All you can do, is live your life to the best of your ability. Sorry, but it's the cold harded truth. I'm not saying you have to accept it...what I'm saying is...there are just some things in life you have no control over....and this is one of them....sorry...but it's fact.

It is sooooo beyond me, why people in this world today...don't use protection...????? geeze, it would be so simple, you'd think. Especially low income familes that have 6 kids or more?????? What in the world is wrong with people's intellectual levels today? That is what really baffles me?

hugs
Creme

Old 07-02-2008, 11:44 AM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
It is sooooo beyond me, why people in this world today...don't use protection...????? geeze, it would be so simple, you'd think. Especially low income familes that have 6 kids or more?????? What in the world is wrong with people's intellectual levels today? That is what really baffles me? Creme
Many people are just aversed to going to doctors/hospitals/clinics even people with decent health benefits. When birth control can be purchased as easily as Tylenol then maybe we would see significantly less low income families with many kids.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:45 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,398,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinPhils View Post
The far left baffles me.....they value the lives of trees and animals more than they do human lives. The same wackos that fight for the right to slaughter the unborn will march and protest to save trees and keep lowlife criminals off of death row. Pathetic.
I agree. They're the perfect proof that crack cocaine does indeed kill brain cells.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:49 AM

28,899 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
Many people are just aversed to going to doctors/hospitals/clinics even people with decent health benefits. When birth control can be purchased as easily as Tylenol then maybe we would see significantly less low income families with many kids.
yes, but it's no excuse, I mean, shhessh, in this day and age, it's down right stupid...sorry, but absolutely stupid. We have a friend, who raised her four grand daughters. ONe is really bad....in and out of jail, on drugs and is now on her 5th child, each by a different husband...and each child she gave away, to either the family, the fathers, etc????? What is that...???? And one of the babies went thru withdrawal....I simply cannot understand, why the courts do not demand her tubes be tied????? And I feel so sorry for our friends...as they're lives are constantly effected by her lack of intelligence....

I mean, regardless, why would you get pregnant, with all the things out there...is it laziness, lack of education? Why would you have more then 6 kids??????

I dunno, it just doesn't make sense to me?????

Old 07-02-2008, 12:25 PM

109 posts, read 261,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Hey, all you guys who are against abortions...have you had your vasectomy yet??????
It makes more sense for women to get fixed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies