Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2008, 08:13 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,411,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalmom101 View Post
Why should we want to give children to parents who are waiting for healthy normal infants? What kind of parent is that? What about all the unhealthy, the abnormal, the older-than infant? Not good enough???
If you look earlier in the thread, there was a discussion about "If there are so many people who want to adopt, why are there so many children waiting to be adopted?"

And it was sort of established that a majority of adoptive parents are looking for a normal, healthy newborn, and the majority of kids waiting for adoption are older, or have problems of one sort or another. Not even to get into the complex system we have with social services giving inept parents a million opportunities to reinforce the damage they've done to their child over and over.

Not to say other kids can't give love and be a joy, but I was alluding to the other conversation so that we didn't have to have the conversation AGAIN.

Thanks--

Old 07-01-2008, 08:34 PM

2,779 posts, read 7,524,223 times
You sure do seem to know everything!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:41 PM

Wow, thanks! But really, I don't. There are a lot of well-informed people on this thread who can give you any info you need!

Old 07-01-2008, 08:47 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,641,953 times
Quote:
I'm not picking up from any pro-life arguments the least amount of concern for children, the arguments just come off as hateful controlling power mongering.
Care to establish where I have been hateful, controlling or power mongering?

Old 07-01-2008, 08:51 PM

Quote:
You sure do seem to know everything!
p.s. You sure do seem to have a chip on your shoulder. Something hitting too close to home?

Old 07-01-2008, 10:12 PM

109 posts, read 261,950 times
Are aborted fetuses recycled in any way? Like turned into fertilizer or processed into food or anything? Or do they just wind up in a landfill? (Seriously?)

Old 07-01-2008, 11:35 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,450 times
Default A Related Question

I'm curious about how you feel about women who have numerous children and stay in a lifetime of welfare and other gov't benefits? My guess would be most pro life advocates would at least applaud the woman for having the children and would be willing to see the gov't take care of them (since life has been protected) while pro-choice would be more annoyed, seeing this behavior as irresponsible. I'm just trying to see how your position on this links to other positions.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:58 AM

630 posts, read 1,295,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Here’s a link to a google search on pro-life people who refuse to dispense birth-control or morning after pills.. Pick any of the articles, they all say the same thing.

pharmacists refusing sell birth control - Google Search

No need for any response Okie, I won't be seeing it.

When people, and I do believe that one or more may have posted on this thread or one of the other 1/2 dozen reproductive rights threads don't believe in birth control or abortion, I definitely see brood mare status for women. I find it amazingly controlling. I also find it more interesting that most of the people who support no repro choices for women are men.

no im suprised at you that is some good information that you have provided supporting your statement. Try doing this the first time. I do not agree with these pharmacists that are doing this, but this is a very small population in the world and does not affect people being able to by birth control. If they want to refuuse b-control to people then they are simply not going to stay in buisiness as far as their reputation goes. I wouldn't worry about it. I what you responded to camping and you still believe people on this board see women as breeding stock??? You still haven't explained this. You are stereotyping everyone who is pro-choice.

as far as the actual topic goes I personally weigh in between both beliefs. I am generally pro-life the only exception and there may be more that I haven't thought of is when a young girl ( 11 or 12 ) who becomes raped or sexually abused and aborts ( as much as i hate the whole thing) her baby. The girl is obviously too young; emotionally undevelloped to deal with this situation sometimes physically and would be truamatising to have the baby. I also am no expert but i think it would be very painfull as well to have a baby at that age having a body that hasn't even fully developed into a woman yet. I also understand that people say oo just take the morning after pill and i know after a girl gets raped they can go and get a rape test done. I am speaking for the girls that don't have the chance find out right after they have been raped if they are pregnant. on the contrary i think its wrong for a woman to abort a baby just because its not the right time in her life ( not speaking or puting down anyone specifically just pointing otu my legal standing on these differences. And no one has the right to judge the women who choose to have an abortion, because that is just no ones buisiness what other people do in their private life as it is legal right now. It is everyones right though to question the law though and i have no problem doing that.

I also agree that a man should have absolutely no right over a womans choice with her body. Like the poster below said if that ever happens when men get to control the choice a woman makes with her own body ( married or not) women should have the same control over the mans body... A mans way of birth control should be his freedom to say "no". Otherwise prepair to deal with the consequences as the woman will have to.

Last edited by okie333; 07-02-2008 at 01:31 AM..

Old 07-02-2008, 01:07 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Hey, all you guys who are against abortions...have you had your vasectomy yet??????

Old 07-02-2008, 02:36 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
What does an early abortion look like? (http://www.abortion.org.au/abortionpictures.htm - broken link)
Developmental Biology 8e Online: Images of Embryos Used by Anti-Abortion Activists
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies