Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2008, 06:24 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
To those calling me ignorant for pinning the blame for gun-grabbing on liberals, I am hard pressed to find a conservative who has pushed for more gun legislation that restricts law-abiding gun owners.
Rudy Giuliani
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 06:31 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Rudy Giuliani
Not a conservative, in my eyes anyway...good leader and did the best possible with what he had to work with but he had a whole lot of views I (and many conservatives) strongly disagree with.

That said, he'd probably have been a better choice than the one we're left with...

But I digress...lol

Old 08-09-2008, 07:02 AM

3,451 posts, read 7,055,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
To those calling me ignorant for pinning the blame for gun-grabbing on liberals, I am hard pressed to find a conservative who has pushed for more gun legislation that restricts law-abiding gun owners.
I for one never called you ignorant. I said it was arrogant to believe that only conservatives care about being American.

I don't care how many guns you have, as long as you are a responsible gun owner.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:25 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,266,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
but that still dont negate the fact that hunting is cowardly. cant deny that can you?
Oh - I can deny it is cowardly -

And, you don't just "run up and shoot" your prey - how idiotic of you -

Old 08-09-2008, 08:11 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
but that still dont negate the fact that hunting is cowardly. cant deny that can you?
I could deny that, too. Hunting at an exotic ranch is really cowardly, IMO. Actual hunting isn't.

Old 08-09-2008, 08:12 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
she said a conservative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
Rudy Giuliani

Old 08-09-2008, 08:55 AM

271 posts, read 934,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Maybe i'm reading the wrong newspapers or seeing false news reports about the high gun crime in the USA. Putting that to one side. Please could you explain why a young child should be taught to shoot animals. It's not for food or survival. I thought the days of Grizzly Adams had gone. Is it a "Macho" thing?

Yes letting children hunt is terrible, instead I'd suggest taking those kids to the zoo and watching the snakes swallow live rats...they actually squirm in the snakes belly! Then take them home and let them watch the kitty torture a mouse outside, and then refuse to eat it once it dies a slow death. Nice kitty! Then explain to them how killing animals with guns is terrible, even if you process the meat and eat it. But do explain how it is OK-Dokay to eat at any restaurant in the USA, all which use food processed from the electrical execution of fish, .22 gunshot to the head of every beef cow (use to be a ball pen hammer a few years ago...), and the beheading of chickens through automated machinery....that, my friend, is much more human than little Tommy shooting an animal with a gun instead...

Sure glad the world is black and white...and there are no shades of grey. Your bumper sticker mentality is naive...

Old 08-09-2008, 09:06 AM

1,875 posts, read 2,870,409 times
Yeah, soon they will become criminals for hunting at a young age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberia View Post
Yes letting children hunt is terrible, instead I'd suggest taking those kids to the zoo and watching the snakes swallow live rats...they actually squirm in the snakes belly! Then take them home and let them watch the kitty torture a mouse outside, and then refuse to eat it once it dies a slow death. Nice kitty! Then explain to them how killing animals with guns is terrible, even if you process the meat and eat it. But do explain how it is OK-Dokay to eat at any restaurant in the USA, all which use food processed from the electrical execution of fish, .22 gunshot to the head of every beef cow (use to be a ball pen hammer a few years ago...), and the beheading of chickens through automated machinery....that, my friend, is much more human than little Tommy shooting an animal with a gun instead...

Sure glad the world is black and white...and there are no shades of grey. Your bumper sticker mentality is naive...

Old 08-09-2008, 09:46 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,410,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wclac View Post
Yeah, soon they will become criminals for hunting at a young age.
Soon we'll all be considered criminals for hunting at all if we continue to accept opinions of those who seek to restrict our rights.

Old 08-09-2008, 09:51 AM

658 posts, read 831,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
Woah, you lost me dude.
Don't make this into a cultural conservative vs cultural liberal argument. This is exactly the type of lazy thinking that got us here in the first place.
No lazy thinking, hotdog. Common sense. But I understand why common sense appears lazy to you. The topic is "Should young children be taught how to shoot animals?" and since the thread took the curve into girls and boys, I believe my contribution addresses the core issue. Further questions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies