Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 01:39 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,604,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So I guess some of you feel that if a company told all it's black employees that they had to wear clown hats but not the white employees you'd think that was perfectly fine.....
There are legal standards that apply. If a company violates those, they deserve to be punished. If their policy is legal, quit and start a company that competes with them and treat your employees better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 01:40 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,679,149 times
it really isnt about uniforms. its about standards in a WHOLE industry that are a bit... unhealthy.

and these standards can potentially keep a whole segment of the population out of a job. is that fair? i surely dont think so. well sometimes yes, like height requirements, but you cant do anything about your height. if you are 4 foot nothing then, oh well i guees you cant be a stewardess. but if it is something that negatively affects your health, something that you can change, then why not?

the equation with neck ties and shirts is okay. but neck ties dont pose a true hazard like heels do to womens posture and back. besides in the occassion a neck tie were to be on too tight, one can always loosen it. or undo the top button. the solution here would be for women to wear those flats or 1 inch pumps. you keep the same aesthetic, while diminishing the possibility of injury. and as for the strangling with a tie. i could just as easily pull you close by your shirt, twist it a lil and deck you a couple times. does that mean i should not wear shirts? there is a difference between a hypothetical injury and an actual one. heels producs actual pain and discomfort. wearing ties, like wearing shirts can potentially be hazardous.

oh and im a man, not a boy. and am on the side of the gals here so lets not jump on the men quite yet. and guys, this is a good thing. who really wants a whiny bank exec wife coming home? if it will make her less of a complainer, then im for it.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:42 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,347,688 times
Quote:
So I guess some of you feel that if a company told all it's black employees that they had to wear clown hats but not the white employees you'd think that was perfectly fine.....

Lol that was funny but good point. I am in an office, I wear shorts and those polo shirts lol.

There are 6 women here and I told them when I started here wear whatever you want .

If you want to wear flannel pajamas and donald duck hats by all means who cares.

We don't interact with public but if I ran "things" and we did you could still wear what you want.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:45 PM

194 posts, read 299,454 times
Quote:
But they do know about using and abusing women and enjoy it....
Wait until ol' Stevie makes a post because some broad had the NERVE to complain just because she got raped and beaten. Silly girl! If she didn't want to be raped, she shouldn't have had a vagina, right?

The funny thing is, I have money that says Steve Hazzard is the most hen-pecked cuckold in his neighborhood.

Quote:
You have some great posts.
Awwww, thanks. It's hard being a racist, man-hating feminappyheadedho, but posts like that make it all worthwhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
the equation with neck ties and shirts is okay.
And in jobs where ties do pose a hazard, such as construction, only the yuppie bosses who don't get their hands dirty wear them. So that argument falls kind of flat. Yet women are supposed to sacrifice our backs and our feet just to work and get paid 3/4ths of what a man makes, or stay at home and make babies and cook dinner. Guess what? I'm not going to do either/or. Nanny nanny boo-boo.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:15 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,087,079 times
Quote:
Well I was going to go with a different analogy. All men with XXX wear white ties and all men with X wear yellow!

Old 08-15-2008, 02:18 PM

2,308 posts, read 2,592,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
Thats to bad and I hope this changes .

You have some CEOs here who if they could and slowly they are will have the women employees dress like it's Hooters.

This is "fine" in Latin America but shouldnt be in North America but seem's your correct and its legal.

I would hate to have a daughter working for a place like that . There should be laws as far as this goes.
Hooters is a perfect example of "at will" employment. The job's "physical" requirements are: Ample breasts, pleasing body form, long hair, nice legs, etc. And the "dress code"; a tight low-cut top, ample cleavage, and sexy shorts and foot ware. All perfectly legal as the "terms and conditions of employment" that are agreed to (in writing) by the employee and employer before a "person" (read "woman") is even considered for an interview for the position of a "Hooters' Girl".

Old 08-15-2008, 02:21 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,585,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Hooters is a perfect example of "at will" employment. The job's "physical" requirements are: Ample breasts, pleasing body form, long hair, nice legs, etc. And the "dress code"; a tight low-cut top, ample cleavage, and sexy shorts and foot ware. All perfectly legal as the "terms and conditions of employment" that are agreed to (in writing) by the employee and employer before a "person" (read "woman") is even considered for an interview for the position of a "Hooters' Girl".
Sorry but this is not a good example. Hooters was designed specifically around the idea of big boobed chicks w/barely any clothes on serving you wings. It is the ENTIRE concept of that chain. Completely different than a normal work environment.

Old 08-15-2008, 02:22 PM

194 posts, read 299,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Sorry but this is not a good example.
He tried, didn't he? *smdh*

Old 08-15-2008, 02:24 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,604,003 times
The point was that you know the requirements before taking the job. You don't have to accept the job.

Old 08-15-2008, 04:53 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,773,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Nylons make your legs look fake, it's so unattractive!
Depends on whether you're the wearer or the gazer, I'd say. Besides, lots of wimmen like to look nice, like to be tantalizing, for themselves as well as others. Where's the beef?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies