Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 11:11 AM

3,631 posts, read 10,241,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
No, of course not. Every white American, whether they articulate it or not, wishes other people would go away. People distrust outsiders, and do not wish to form alliances with them. Our species would never have evolved if we did not harbor that genetic inclination to form social bonds that carry over from one generation to the next, and to recognize as allies people of our own family, clan, tribe, nation, or race.
Please tell me how you know what the hell I am thinking. I guess I am "anti-white" because I live in a diverse neighborhood and enjoy working in a place where me and one other person are white.

Come on, don't assume that you know what every white person is thinking. For what its worth, some of us don't like ignorance. *gasp*

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 11:18 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,564,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
True americans are not americans because they are white they are americans when we share a common idea of rules, laws, and behaviors.

If you want Amerca to stay the America you believe in the answer is not isolation from others but the teaching of others what the common thread is that links All Americans together.
I'll certainly agree with the above quote. Now, if you can "sell" that idea, and at the same time, avoid being charged with racism, or 'trying to tell others how to live their lives', then we'll 'have it made', as a society. The jury's still 'out' on whether this will be possible over the 'long haul', or not.

You MAY find that you have a little problem with the part about a "common idea of rules, laws, and behaviors", though. While I agree, and in fact, will go so far as to say this isn't only 'desirable', it's absolutely VITAL....still, you must be prepared for those who'd tell you that your ideas of 'common' ANYTHING fly directly in the face of multiculturalism. Multiculturalism, by its definition, at some point goes against the idea of having things in 'common'.

I sure HOPE not, particularly as I myself am in an interracial marriage (complete w/ kids and grandkids). Your ideas make perfect sense to me...let's hope others see your wisdom....

Old 08-23-2008, 11:42 AM

1,178 posts, read 3,837,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
It seems strange that those who fear diversity always show their true motives which is the racial superiority argument.
Who has brought up anything with regard to racial superiority? Who? This seems to be something you pulled out of thin air.

Quote:
So let's see if I have this correct, it's normal to be distrustful of other human beings because you are white and they aren't.
It's normal for all groups of people to be distrustful of outsiders. It has been this way since the beginning of time. Please don't act like this is something new to you.

Quote:
It will be genocide to allow other people to become a majority in this country and every white person wishes that every other race of people will disappear from this "white country".
Yes, it is a form of genocide, for it is the purposeful destruction of the majority population through various channels.

Most people wish the illegal aliens would leave, as they broke the law to get here. Most wish that immigration would change to something similar to that of pre-1965 immigration levels and components, or they wish it would end.

Quote:
The base of this argument stems from a white supremist site that depends on ignorance and a false belief in racial superiorty to prop itself up.
If you knew anything about the site, you'd know that it is not a white supremacist site. It is a site dedicated to white interests, but how is that different than the multitude of sites out in cyber world that are devoted to their own interests.

The founder of the site is Jared Taylor, a very intelligent man who grew up in Japan, who has traveled the world, who holds a doctorate. He has studied issues of demography for decades. His argument that whites are a threatened group world-wide, courtesy of immigration and differential birth rates, is a valid one. Given the rapid demographic change, it is not unreasonable for whites to wish to preserve their own nations, much like the Japanese and Chinese, as well as most non-white countries, preserve their own.

The site does talk about differences in IQ, but it does so in the context of stating that the admission of millions of people with low IQs will be a death knell to the U.S. and other western nations. It argues that East Asians have a slightly higher IQ, so it's not a "supremacist" site. It is an advocacy site for white Americans. There is nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
For those whites who fear genocide, I would say have no fear; minorities who truely want to be american citizens would never dare to do what whites have done to the indigenous indians of north america, the aboriginal people of ausralia, the hawaiians, the people of africa, etc.
It seems like you have a strong tendency to promote what the Marxist historical revisionists call history. What about the Hun Empire, the Moors, the African Slave Traders, or the slavery that still exists in modern-day Africa? I see, you have severe myopia, and you can't focus on the whole picture.

Quote:
True americans are not americans because they are white they are americans when we share a common idea of rules, laws, and behaviors.
What are those common ideas? As the country has become more diverse, it's obvious that there is less agreement on what those ideas are. Of course, Marxists have promoted anti-American viewpoints of law and history, yet most "minorities" have taken these views as their own.

Quote:
If you want Amerca to stay the America you believe in the answer is not isolation from others but the teaching of others what the common thread is that links All Americans together.
So are you saying that the U.S. and other white countries have no right to remain white, while non-white nations have a right to remain their predominate race?

Quote:
Not to hijack the thread but please do research into the history of this country and those who mistakenly believe that only white people built this nation will be sorely disappointed, and I don't just mean the sweat labor of blacks and other minority groups. I mean scientific and intellectual contributions which we still use today.
What are those scientific and intellectual contributions? White males are responsible for 98% of inventions. Peanut Butter (smashed peanuts) is nowhere in the same universe.

All of the founding fathers were white, and they were the individuals who brought us the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Diversity is fine as long as people can communicate using a common language and therefore form a cultural bond. Forcing diversity actually segregates people as people tend to group with people whom are like them and can speak the same language. This has happened since mass immigration started in the U.S.

The difference is that many newer immigrants don't want to assimilate into American culture, choosing to speak their native language, group with similar immigrants and promote their native country. The result is less of a chance for economic prosperity. Pretty sad to see, but all to common.
Pilot, assimilation can only occur with similar races. It cannot occur when the new people are not of the same race, as assimilation is one being seen as the same. They can acculturate, but it is not assimilation.

Past waves of immigration were European into a European-based society. It's not hard to understand why it worked. It's a very different situtation in contemporary times.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieter View Post
I don't enjoy diversity for the sake of diversity, I just don't judge people by their race. I have Hispanic friends that share the same values/ideals as I do. Should I not be friends with them because their skin isn't as white as mine? I don't think so.
I don't care who you are friends with. I never advocate being mean to anyone. Everyone should be treated with respect. However, governments have a moral order to protect the people from dispossession. To actively promote and push policies that will make the majority a minority in their own land is wrong. This is not even taking into account the many economic, social, and cultural ills that this brings.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:16 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,034,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
No, of course not. Every white American, whether they articulate it or not, wishes other people would go away. People distrust outsiders, and do not wish to form alliances with them. Our species would never have evolved if we did not harbor that genetic inclination to form social bonds that carry over from one generation to the next, and to recognize as allies people of our own family, clan, tribe, nation, or race.
I am "white" and disagree with this posting. I do not "wish other people would go away." Most of my friends are from other racial backgrounds and vary in terms of their US assimilation.

Having said all that, I just think that we as a nation needs to look for common bonds between different groups so we can live together peacefully. There is just too much racial tensions in this country (including among different minority groups) and we need to work together and find common ground with each other.

Also, as mentioned by a previous poster, there are some cultural practices that goes against US laws and culture such as the mistreatment of women in some countries, etc.

My main beef with the whole "diversity" movement is that it promotes separatism and not unity among different groups and has anti-white undertones. I was forcefed a lot of diversity dogma in school and did my own research so I know what I'm talking about.

By the way, what is "white" or "anglo" anyways? We are a diverse group as well with ancesters that come from Ireland, Germany, Poland, England, Amsterdam, Sweden, etc. I just hate how we lump everyone into these narrow groups that does nothing but promote stereotypes.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
I am "white" and disagree with this posting. I do not "wish other people would go away." Most of my friends are from other racial backgrounds and vary in terms of their US assimilation.
You mean that they vary in terms of their US Acculturation.

Quote:
Having said all that, I just think that we as a nation needs to look for common bonds between different groups so we can live together peacefully. There is just too much racial tensions in this country (including among different minority groups) and we need to work together and find common ground with each other.
With diverse populations comes tension and conflict. It's the natural consequence of stupid policies designed to force the people of a land into minority status.

Diversity has the prefix "Div", which means to divide. Division is not unison.

With greater "diversity", you can expect many more economic, social, and cultural ills, as well as a lot more tension. Such living arrangements are unnatural and are doomed to fail. Take it to the bank.

Quote:
Also, as mentioned by a previous poster, there are some cultural practices that goes against US laws and culture such as the mistreatment of women in some countries, etc.
Of course, so why would we want to import people who do such into this country?

Quote:
My main beef with the whole "diversity" movement is that it promotes separatism and not unity among different groups and has anti-white undertones.
Of course it has anti-white undertones. It's blatantly about the pursuance of the dispossession of whites.

Diversity doesn't work. Diverse nations ultimately fail. There's simply too many differences. I think that it is horrible what has been foisted on white America. The government has literally worked to destroy this country.

Quote:
I was forcefed a lot of diversity dogma in school and did my own research so I know what I'm talking about.
This dogma is most pronounced in diverse areas. Whites who attend very diverse (about forty to fifty percent white) schools get forcefed a bunch of this garbage. Some majority white schools over eighty percent get fed some, but it is mild to what you find in more diverse areas.

Quote:
By the way, what is "white" or "anglo" anyways? We are a diverse group as well with ancesters that come from Ireland, Germany, Poland, England, Amsterdam, Sweden, etc. I just hate how we lump everyone into these narrow groups that does nothing but promote stereotypes.
Agreed. There is plenty of ethnic diversity. However, over time, the differences are overcome because you're still dealing with the same race of people. Diversity of races can be very problematic.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:55 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,046,203 times
For those of you to disagree with me that there is a biological explanation for people to distrust those who appear different from themselves, I suggest that you start with

Xenophobia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Of course, any person can override a biological inclination with sheer will power, and a person can convince himself to trust or not trust whomever he pleases. But for those who have not embarked on a willful project of overcoming this innate fear and distrust (which includes most ordinary walking stiffs) there is an unconscious drive to prefer to be among one's own kind.

Which is why I wrote that, in general, Americans would prefer to function within a socialization comprised of people more, rather than less, like themselves.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:01 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,962,697 times
I will not post a reply to refute racist and ignorant comments other than this reply.

If anyone beleives that the most significant contributions of black intellectuals and academics to this country is peanuts (smashed or other) than they have done me the service of supplying and putting on their own dunce hat.
Again for those slow on the uptake this is NOT a white country, the genocide you fear is the same genocide that you used to steal this land with , and those of us who are American citizens of other than white hertitage are not waiting in the eaves waiting to return the deed of genocide.
So if some people don't believe in the fairy tale of American History books then they must be Marxist, then I guess only intelligent folk may be called Marxist. They tend to research for themselves.
So slaves took the boats over by themselves, Aboriginals hunted themselves to near extinction, Hawaiins overthrew their own king and queen and voluntarilly gave their ancestral homelands to europeans, I could go on but my point is made.
White Males are responsible for 98% of all inventions? This dosen't even deserve a response.
I also CLEARLY stated that AMERICANS need to share a common thread NOT other white countries.
Most cultures have had and still have a form of slavery which ranged from one extreme to another, identured servitude to chattel slavery, which was the preferred method of europeans towards any other race ,so what. Slavery and genocide are two different things.
Racism is the whole crutch trying to hold up this pathetic post, most reading it will see it for what it is.
If you want to really have to "safety" of only being with whites please return to some remote corner of the frozen lands of russia, for the rest of us Americans, we will continue to fight the good fight of overcoming our differences and trying to live in peace.
America is not perfect but it is what it is because ALL of it's peoples have tried to make the dream of this democracy a reality, not another south africa of years gone by.

Old 08-23-2008, 05:30 PM
K90

17 posts, read 65,040 times
I would like for all of you lovers of diversity, sodomy, and other outright forms of degeneracy to visit, or better yet, live in Detroit, Michigan at least for a little while. It's so diverse the crime rate is at least 10 times that of the US average. It's so diverse a home there just sold for $1. It's so diverse that the entire city is a city-wide GHETTO. It's so diverse...I can continue forever about all of these "positives," but I don't have to. Visit and see for yourself. It's a completely different environment with a 3rd world standard of living. And guess what? When the US becomes this diverse, the same thing will happen but on a much larger scale. Diversity lovers, you need therapy--visit South Africa, I highly recommend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies