Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 02:05 AM

172 posts, read 309,391 times

Advertisements

Will the American people allow themselves to be fooled again?

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." - President George W. Bush, Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2007, 02:24 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,174,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elishan View Post
Will the American people allow themselves to be fooled again?
I certainly hope not!

It sure seems like this administration is trying to produce another case for war. I'll be very upset if the Democrats don't try to stop it.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:19 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,124,664 times
The expression I am familiar with is

"Fool me once
Shame on you
Fool me twice
Shame on me."

--Chinese Proverb.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post

"Fool me once
Shame on you
Fool me twice
Shame on me."

--Chinese Proverb.
That's the one. For some weird and wonderful reason Mr. Bush just couldn't manage to quote it correctly.

If the American people allow an attack on Iran, I will be extremely saddened.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:26 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,124,664 times
Check today's news. It ain't looking perty. Pointing fingers again. I wonder how their hands look: are they dirty? clean? red with blood?

Quote:

If the American people allow an attack on Iran, I will be extremely saddened.

Old 02-11-2007, 10:32 AM

It's a shameless propaganda operation. What did that Nazi guy once say? Something about repeating a lie often enough that it becomes believable. You see all these talking heads mindlessly parroting government 'information' and the people accept it.

Is it true that there is still a sizable proportion of the population who STILL believe that Iraq was behind 9/11?

I wonder why.

Last edited by Elishan; 02-11-2007 at 11:19 AM..

Old 02-11-2007, 04:41 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,496,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post

"Fool me once
Shame on you
Fool me twice
Shame on me."

--Chinese Proverb.

That's an oldie, but goodie. heard that one many times.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:57 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,174,356 times
Quote:
It's a shameless propaganda operation. What did that Nazi guy once say? Something about repeating a lie often enough that it becomes believable. You see all these talking heads mindlessly parroting government 'information' and the people accept it.

Is it true that there is still a sizable proportion of the population who STILL believe that Iraq was behind 9/11?

I wonder why.
You have to wonder if the administration will try to put Iran behind 9/11 now... I don't think many people are going to fall for their current argument.

Frankly, I hope that the Congress will start Impeachment proceedings if they even *try* to attack Iran. I don't believe I would trust Bush & Gang unless every other major country said "Attack them and we're all with you." Unless there is a concensus (like the first Gulf War), I don't think we should be doing anything.

Old 12-18-2007, 08:57 PM

2 posts, read 3,702 times
Default Simple minded thinking might get Hitlery Elected

The china satellite was a controlled event common plus we have the ability to take our satellites out further. Who cares what happens after we attack Iran What happens when Iran attacks Isreal with a nuke and then sets off dirty bombs in the U.S we are better of hitting first and nutoring the Islamofacist otherwise knows as sectarian wackos. and the liberal media is very liberal and is killing America. The c=fact that the DEMOCRAT controlled congress has lower ratings than Bush is amazing. BUSh gets negative press ev ery 10 minutes TV is where most democrats get their thinking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I had a post that vanished?!?!

The article was written in October 2006 and talks about a strategic alliance between China, Russia and Iran.

One of the things mentioned in the article was that a lot of our weapon systems are satellite guided and one way China could "neuter" us is by knocking the satellites out of the sky (or rendering them useless). This is interesting considering the uproar over the weather satellite China shot down (last month?)

Old 12-18-2007, 09:00 PM

2 posts, read 3,702 times
Default are you wacked

Sure lets trust all those country's that were taking bribes from Saddam. And all of those country's that
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
You have to wonder if the administration will try to put Iran behind 9/11 now... I don't think many people are going to fall for their current argument.

Frankly, I hope that the Congress will start Impeachment proceedings if they even *try* to attack Iran. I don't believe I would trust Bush & Gang unless every other major country said "Attack them and we're all with you." Unless there is a concensus (like the first Gulf War), I don't think we should be doing anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies