Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 02:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
How did this thread become about what Black people think?
Good question. Another would be why does it mean you are a racist if you don't vote for a candidate that is a minority? Why can't it simply mean that you disagree with the individuals views?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 02:17 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,831,521 times
gee thats nothing new, its been that way ever since, but not all or goofy like that though

Old 09-21-2008, 02:21 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,831,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
It comes down to leadership, and all the public figures in the black community are idiots. Remember Ray Nagan, "We live in a ... Chocolate City..."
was he lying? NO

dETRIOT IS ALSO CALLED CHOCOLATE CITY.

the mayor of la said this is a latino city is he lying? no! was there controversy around that= no because they no itsnot gonna do any good by complaining about it.

ever heard someone say something about a town being redneck, or lily whitei have and ut came out themouths ofwhites,no pun was intended either

Old 09-21-2008, 02:50 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,559,850 times
If the article is to be taken as literally true, and in fact "40 per cent of white Americans DO hold at least a partly negative view toward blacks", then the reverse must ALSO be true...that "60 per cent of white Americans have a TOTALLY positive view of blacks"....and that, of the remaining 40 percent, SOME of those are PARTIALLY supportive of blacks, (and it could be that nearly ALL of that 40 percent holds MOSTLY favorable opinions of blacks.)

Sixty percent approval puts black Americans FAR above almost any category I can imagine, including most foods, most music, illegal immigrants, the Iraq war, muslims, horses, Mormons, diesel cars, rail travel, deer hunters, transgendered persons, cruise vacations, broccoli, white wine, and lactose-free milk.....I'd say NONE of these things comes CLOSE to being approved by 60% of people. From that perspective, it looks like black Americans enjoy a pretty good approval from society. Certainly FAR higher approval than The President gets, but probably somewhat less than large tax rebates or free pizza.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:22 PM

862 posts, read 1,051,713 times
Quote:
How did this thread become about what Black people think?

Evolution

Old 09-21-2008, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Good question. Another would be why does it mean you are a racist if you don't vote for a candidate that is a minority? Why can't it simply mean that you disagree with the individuals views?
Some might argue that blacks have been held down so long and with such
dire results that a person of good will ,Christian even, might do so just
on general principles.
Sure couldn't do any worse than white men have.

Old 09-21-2008, 04:32 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,935,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt Dach View Post
If you put something in a cage and poked a stick at it all its life, it might just be bad-tempered.
What does this have to do with the topic at hand? Surely you aren't saying black people are 'in a cage'? Give me a break. No one buys this crap anymore.

Old 09-21-2008, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
What does this have to do with the topic at hand? Surely you aren't saying black people are 'in a cage'? Give me a break. No one buys this crap anymore.

Other than 70% of worlds population you are correct.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:01 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,414,197 times
Quote:
Well all the stupid folks don't get to go to Yale and Harvard to learn how to steal trillions,so they just have to be content with petty crime.
Probaly their own fault for picking the wrong parents, as I'm SURE
you would agrre.
An absence of Yale and Harvard grads in the 'hood isn't the cause of perpetual slave mentality. The absence of desire to improve one's self and desire to justify scum behavior is what keeps the ghetto populated.

Consider being better than a slave who's perpetuating the slavery of others.

Quote:
Well, then, the problems in America can be easily solved. Have a lottery and appoint government officials at random, and pull the average IQ of the public figures up to about 100. Or are you only saying that all; the N*****s are stupid?
IQ isn't the measure of person's value to their community-- The values they hold are. You can't be a n****r without being stupid; it's part of the definition.

Quote:
Some might argue that blacks have been held down so long and with such dire results that a person of good will ,Christian even, might do so just
on general principles. Sure couldn't do any worse than white men have.
First, blacks hold themselves down. Your tendency to make excuses for scum behavior is a characteristic of slave culture that Douglass, in "My Bondage and My Freedom", cites as keeping other slaves in check. (Here's one that cracks me up: Slaves would argue about the superiority of their, respective, masters... Just like you all run out and celebrate the dominance of the local basketball team who takes your money in trade for consumables. I love black people... they always make me laugh.)

Second, racism doesn't justify racism. That's stupid. Two wrongs never made a right.

Third, blacks keep themselves down by thinking that their public education systems are educating them and, more seriously, by refusing to be educated... That was the most important portion of keeping blacks down-- without education, they were helpless.

Read more; talk less.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:22 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,766,041 times
Blacks vote lock step with democrats because of the prospect of getting more money in the form of a welfare or some other form of "help me, I'm black" check. Any other reason why 93% of blacks vote democrat is along ideological lines, which means that blacks think that democrats undertand their supposed "plight". I helped a black couple cast off from Bayside marina in Miami (FL) today. They are undoubtedly Republicans - they own their own boat (34' Sea Ray) and they were going for a sunet cruise. Black yachtsmen!!! I love it!!! They are part of the 7% blacks who vote Republican... Hint, hint......

"J-Turd 88" - I have no idea what you are saying. You are a perfect example of why liberal talk radio is nonexistent - your wacko ideas are too hard to defend/sustain in a logical debate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies