Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2008, 08:26 PM

142 posts, read 406,664 times

Advertisements

One thing that bothers me is the fact that everyone thinks racism is white on black...it does work both ways. There are just as many blacks who are racist as whites.

I also think that the way certain blacks portray themselfs makes there whole race look bad...like rap/hip hop. Makes people think all blacks are like that. I will agree that there are more bad blacks than whites, crime stats show that. Most black people i know will agree with that.

I dont think blacks are held down...they have the same oppurtunitys as whites, and i think playing the race card all the time is wrong. I have a lot of respect for people like Obama, and Bill Cosby....

I also want to say that i have NO respect for someone like Al Sharpton...i think he is as racist as it gets...i put him in the same catagory that i put the kkk in. He has a lot in commen with them imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 08:37 PM

420 posts, read 1,236,831 times
Here we go again with this topic. I wish people will just realize that people are people. How many of us have had bad things done to us by people in our own race? Christ died for the sins of all people, not just black people. I hate crime just like anyone else, it is not a black or white issue.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:51 PM

64 posts, read 314,726 times
The prospect of a Black man leading this nation, and the world for that matter requires a complete paradigm shift in the minds of many. A drastic shift. Some people are just not willing to make that shift. This poll reflects that resistance. I really hope that the people who hold these views and
perceptions don't go against their own best interest just to hang on to their prejudices.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:55 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,766,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody74 View Post
The prospect of a Black man leading this nation, and the world for that matter requires a complete paradigm shift in the minds of many. A drastic shift. Some people are just not willing to make that shift. This poll reflects that resistance. I really hope that the people who hold these views and
perceptions don't go against their own best interest just to hang on to their prejudices.
This shift would be easier if O-Bomb-Us wasn't such a bleeding heart liberal. He's from the same mold as Al Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, Reverand Wright, Louis Fahrkan and all the other crazies! If you don't believe me just look at his voting record and his racist wife - her Ph.D. thesis was how Princeton was a racist 'white' school........

Old 09-21-2008, 08:56 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,200,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ministers View Post
Here we go again with this topic. I wish people will just realize that people are people. How many of us have had bad things done to us by people in our own race? Christ died for the sins of all people, not just black people. I hate crime just like anyone else, it is not a black or white issue.
I don't think this thread is about crime, but I so agree with your post. Crime isn't a race issue, it is a poverty issue. People, especially young people, want a way to make a quick buck or find a high to escape the reality of their life. In their limited world, this is usually accomplished by committing a crime of some sort.

I see these kids on the street all the time in a variety of colors. Unfortunately, they might kill you for a PlayStation or an iPod. I'm certainly not making excuses for them.....but it is a sad situation that needs to be addressed OUTSIDE of making it a race issue.

Old 09-21-2008, 08:57 PM

142 posts, read 406,664 times
I dont care what color someone is...its best man for the job. Obama is the best man for the job period. I think its ashame people wont vote for him because of how he looks, or his name.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:15 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,766,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers115 View Post
I dont care what color someone is...its best man for the job. Obama is the best man for the job period. I think its ashame people wont vote for him because of how he looks, or his name.
That's bullsh*t. People are freightened of him because he's the most liberal presidential candidate to run in 30 years... Bill Clinton looks like a right wing conservative when compared to the wealth redistributor. He wants to raise taxes on all business owners... That means that if you own a hot dog stand, your taxes will be higher...

Old 09-21-2008, 10:22 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,414,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
That's bullsh*t. People are freightened of him because he's the most liberal presidential candidate to run in 30 years... Bill Clinton looks like a right wing conservative when compared to the wealth redistributor. He wants to raise taxes on all business owners... That means that if you own a hot dog stand, your taxes will be higher...
Don't forget his myriad associates that give us a window into his character.

I wouldn't vote for him because he's an elitist whose only experience seems to be begging for money from the government (community organizer) and being a politician. I appreciate the character of McCain.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:09 AM

862 posts, read 1,051,713 times
Quote:
Blacks vote lock step with democrats because of the prospect of getting more money in the form of a welfare or some other form of "help me, I'm black" check. Any other reason why 93% of blacks vote democrat is along ideological lines, which means that blacks think that democrats undertand their supposed "plight". I helped a black couple cast off from Bayside marina in Miami (FL) today. They are undoubtedly Republicans - they own their own boat (34' Sea Ray) and they were going for a sunet cruise. Black yachtsmen!!! I love it!!! They are part of the 7% blacks who vote Republican... Hint, hint......

"J-Turd 88" - I have no idea what you are saying. You are a perfect example of why liberal talk radio is nonexistent - your wacko ideas are too hard to defend/sustain in a logical debate!
Liberal talk radio is small because normal people don't sit around all day
listening to the radio.Hate filled people listen to reactionary radio to fuel
their hate filled personalities with an inanimate object making money off
their pathologies.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:50 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,831,521 times
Quote:
Blacks vote lock step with democrats because of the prospect of getting more money in the form of a welfare or some other form of "help me, I'm black" check. Any other reason why 93% of blacks vote democrat is along ideological lines, which means that blacks think that democrats undertand their supposed "plight". I helped a black couple cast off from Bayside marina in Miami (FL) today. They are undoubtedly Republicans - they own their own boat (34' Sea Ray) and they were going for a sunet cruise. Black yachtsmen!!! I love it!!! They are part of the 7% blacks who vote Republican... Hint, hint......

"J-Turd 88" - I have no idea what you are saying. You are a perfect example of why liberal talk radio is nonexistent - your wacko ideas are too hard to defend/sustain in a logical debate!

complete racist b.s^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies