Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 02:11 AM

636 posts, read 2,645,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And what percent of blackss have at least a partly negative view of whites?
What percent of asians have a partly neg view of blacks, hispanics and other asians not from thier ethnic back ground?
The question is a poorly conceived question at best.
agreed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 02:19 AM

2,057 posts, read 3,414,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LALady View Post
OMG, your racist sob. Most entitlements go to white women so shut the *** up.
It doesn't matter. Whether or not main-stream black culture votes for entitlements is the question.

However, in regard to your assertion, define "most". Overall? Of course. How many times larger is the white population than black? The question is "how much per capita does one group receive compared to the other?" That's the "most" I'm concerned about.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:48 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Thousand View Post
Don't make it racial. I can't stand whites who behave like that either.

By the way, must "Black" and "Man" be capitalized? Trying to push a little extra feeling through the screen?

I wasn't referring to hugging. I was talking about how hood-rats, when approaching you to shake your hand, raise their hands away from their body... It's just another gratuitous action that says "I prefer show over substance."
How do you know the "substance" behind this manner of shaking hands. Instead of automatically dismissing it because you don't understand it, simply ask why it's done that way.
Your reply simply compounds the fact that if you don't understand, agree, or like somethong that black people do then it's automatically something "scum" would do.

Old 09-23-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
How do you know the "substance" behind this manner of shaking hands.
Because, I frequently greet others with a hand shake. In order to do so, my hand moves in an efficient, approximately straight line from my side to the neutral area between myself and the person I'm greeting.

Quote:
Instead of automatically dismissing it because you don't understand it, simply ask why it's done that way.
I already know why. It's because mainstream black culture celebrates immaturity.

Here's how the exchange would go if I asked a dirtbag black person why they spread out before they shake my hand rather than move directly to the point: "Aw, you know dawg, black people gots soul."

That's what it means to be more concerned about show than substance. Substance is why you're doing something and doing it efficiently. Show is about doing something with regard to how it looks to others.

Quote:
Your reply simply compounds the fact that if you don't understand, agree, or like somethong that black people do then it's automatically something "scum" would do.
Compounds? Stay away from big words you don't know how to use.

My reply simply supports the fact that if I don't approve of something that anyone does, then they're automatically "scum". That's fairly accurate. I'm actually harder on white people because I expect more from them.

Old 09-23-2008, 02:33 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,203,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
If the article is to be taken as literally true, and in fact "40 per cent of white Americans DO hold at least a partly negative view toward blacks", then the reverse must ALSO be true...that "60 per cent of white Americans have a TOTALLY positive view of blacks"....and that, of the remaining 40 percent, SOME of those are PARTIALLY supportive of blacks, (and it could be that nearly ALL of that 40 percent holds MOSTLY favorable opinions of blacks.)

Sixty percent approval puts black Americans FAR above almost any category I can imagine, including most foods, most music, illegal immigrants, the Iraq war, muslims, horses, Mormons, diesel cars, rail travel, deer hunters, transgendered persons, cruise vacations, broccoli, white wine, and lactose-free milk.....I'd say NONE of these things comes CLOSE to being approved by 60% of people. From that perspective, it looks like black Americans enjoy a pretty good approval from society. Certainly FAR higher approval than The President gets, but probably somewhat less than large tax rebates or free pizza.
Actually, I believe that a large number of people didn't answer. It may be wrong, but it's what I've heard.

Which would mean 60% of them were intelligent enough to realize that applying a personality characteristic to a group of millions of people is wrong. The most uplifting stat I've read all day!

Old 09-23-2008, 03:07 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,935,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post

thanks city-data klansmen
Hey - you said it first, a few posts before mine. I was simply giving you a taste of your own medicine, by quoting you, mr city-data klansmen.

Old 09-23-2008, 05:48 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,831,521 times
I'm saying "when black hiring managers interviewed me for positions."

Okay i been in the same situation, but it didnt bother me tho unno..maybe they were just cool..
i rather someone talk in what people call ebonics to me than someones whos professional and and complete ass...

creole, ebonics(stupid term), AAVE, gullah/geechie, bozal speaking is not a bad thing....every african diaspora culture in the western hemisphere speak a european language with a twist

even we overall as americans have different ways we speak english and pronouce words depending on the region but that isnt considered ebonics..

Old 09-23-2008, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Hey - you said it first, a few posts before mine. I was simply giving you a taste of your own medicine, by quoting you, mr city-data klansmen.
man please there was no racism in my post and i didnt recieve any emotional distress reading your post so wtf are u talking about?

taste of my own medicine

Old 09-23-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01
What percent of asians have a partly neg view of blacks,
mostly all asian groups from indian to korean but on an individualistic basis mostly.
hispanics and other asians not from thier ethnic back ground?
hispanic isnt compareable to asian in any sense because it isnt a racial group like asian is
bold

Old 09-23-2008, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
Okay i been in the same situation, but it didnt bother me tho unno..maybe they were just cool...
Or maybe that says something else about you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies