Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 03:46 PM

87 posts, read 319,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
I earn over $250,000 a year and i have no problems with paying extra tax so that America can become one again. I can afford it and so can all the others earning that amount, poorer families cannot afford to pay more tax. Money must come from somewhere. Stop whining for anyone earning over $250,000 we can afford it.
(A) I think you're lying. I don't believe that you earn over $250k annually.

Regardless,

(B) You can't speak for everyone in a certain income bracket, and you're incredibly arrogant for thinking you can, and for volunteering others' money.

(C) America never has been "one", and never can be or will be. Societies all (and always) have a diverse variety of persons -- the tall and the short, the thin and the fat, the smart and the dumb, the rich and the poor. Welcome to life.

(D) You can't "fix" poorness by paying taxes.

(E) YOU can't fix poorness, period. You have no control over the situation. For a poor person to stop being poor, THEY have to work for what they want, and hundreds of thousands of Americans prove that this is true -- you want to go from rags to riches, you have to WORK YOUR BUTT OFF for it.

(F) You can't fix someone else's situation and character and work ethic; only they can fix it for themselves.

(G) People are capable of doing things for themselves if they want to badly enough; they don't need your help, you condescending little mound of arrogance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 03:46 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
The Heritage Foundation Research: Taxes

Old 10-03-2008, 03:51 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Hey Southerfarmer.. you sound like the guys who just got America into the mess it's in right now. You really believe that $250,000 a year cannot be earned? Let me spoil your day..I earn over that amount. Amazing how it should be me whining about paying more tax and not someone who thinks $250,000 a year is impossible. You should take a leaf out of Henry Ford's book. He had a great saying. "whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're probably right. You obviously think you can't.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
You really believe that $250,000 a year cannot be earned? Let me spoil your day..I earn over that amount. Amazing how it should be me whining about paying more tax and not someone who thinks $250,000 a year is impossible.
I don't know where you got that garbage from. I most certainly believe that any income can be earned with enough work, that's been my point all along. I just don't believe that you earn over $250,000 per year, little liar.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:58 PM

3,238 posts, read 8,790,523 times
Quote:
I earn over $250,000 a year and i have no problems with paying extra tax so that America can become one again. I can afford it and so can all the others earning that amount, poorer families cannot afford to pay more tax. Money must come from somewhere. Stop whining for anyone earning over $250,000 we can afford it.
So write a check, but don't expect everyone else in your income bracket to feel the same way.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:58 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
"We have so many people who can't see a fat man standing beside a thin one without coming to the conclusion that the fat man got that way from taking advantage of the thin one"

Old 10-03-2008, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernFarmer View Post
I don't know where you got that garbage from. I most certainly believe that any income can be earned with enough work, that's been my point all along. I just don't believe that you earn over $250,000 per year, little liar.
Southernfarmer, i really don't care what you believe but do not call someone a liar when you know nothing about their affairs, kind of makes you look bitter. Then say that any income can be earned with enough work.. maybe you don't do enough work? I'm so poor that i have property in the UK and USA. The point i was making was that I personally do not mind paying extra tax as it does not affect me as if i had to pay extra tax on a much lower income. Simple!

Old 10-03-2008, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
There is nothing that sickens me more than the rich Republicans that say that the majority of society should be screwed because they don't work hard enough to be rich.

This is just sickening and disturbing. Then these people have the nerve to say they are the moral superior too.

You people make me sick.
(A) No Republican has ever said that the majority of society should be screwed because they don't work hard enough to be rich.

(B) You invented that in your twisted little mind, because reality doesn't match up with your warped notions.

(C) Poor folks' poorness is not the fault of any political party.

(D) Poor folks' poorness is their own fault. Millions of Americans have proven the reason millions of immigrants flocked here and continue flocking here -- in this beautiful land, you can have whatever you want so long as you're willing to work for it. If you want something badly enough, you will work hard enough for it. But if you're not willing to give 200% and work your BUTT OFF all the time, then that's on you - it's not anyone else's fault or problem.

(E) There are rich and poor Republicans. There are rich and poor Democrats. Wealth is not a party thing.

(F) Republicans have never said they're morally superior to non-Republicans. Many conservative Christians are Republicans (I know I am), and many conservative Christians know immorality when they see it, and point it out as their faith commands (I know I do). And much of what is immoral (homosexuality, feminism, atheism, liberalism, etc.) is celebrated by the Democractic party, and thus you will often hear individual Republicans pointing out the immorality of individual Democrats. It's an individual thing, not a party-line thing.

(G) Saying "you people make me sick" and storming off proves that you're emotionally unstable, and prone to temper tantrums, like a child. Nothing else.

Old 10-03-2008, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colleeng47 View Post
So write a check, but don't expect everyone else in your income bracket to feel the same way.
I know a lot of wealthy people who would roll their grandma under a bus for a Dollar. Nice attitude! That is the attitude of the greedy Directors,CEO'S and some politicians who have screwed the country. Well done!

Old 10-03-2008, 04:09 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times
Olbama wants to make each small business owner that makes over 250,000 dollars a year pay a tax.

That's 'bama's plan. Doesn't say anything about Congress's plan. You know, the guys who give away money and buy homes for the poor? Un hunh.... that'll be your taxes. 'bama won't do anything to stop it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies