Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 02:29 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,678 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
You mean I'm not gonna get a welfare check after all???????????????? Oh lawd Jesus sweet mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL!!! All Barack is expected to be is a good President. If he does that, it will do wonders for black Americans and all other Americans. If he does a lousy job, all blacks will be discredited by whites. It's unfortunate that we get painted with this type of "brush stroke" when it doesn't apply to whites for horrible Presidents like Bush Jr. but it's the way it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 06:03 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,980,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
.....The liberals will spew hate for Bush and the repubs will gloat and laugh about it
Yeah. That's all the repubs have left - empty, meaningless laughter.
I have no hatred for Bush. How can you hate an animal that has been challenged from birth? How do you hate a special needs kid?
You cannot.
I do strongly resent those who voted for him.
I, and many others saw this mess coming before he even took office. If the repubs could look at media that their spin doctors don't control, they too would have seen this coming and avoided this catastrophe.
Now, the entire country suffers because of the blindness of the repubs.
Sad, really.
You would think they would at least have the honor to apologize to the rest of the world.

Old 06-27-2009, 01:38 AM

3 posts, read 2,416 times
Too bad McCain didn't win and continue to make things good for white Americans. Hurts to be not quite all important does it? Somethng that you're not quite used to and change is hard. I am so sorry, so very very sorry. Rest assured, I am crying with you, not at you.

Old 06-27-2009, 08:33 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
What If Barack wins... and doesn't improve black America one bit? The methods that Barack Obama is going to use to reduce African-American poverty if he is elected president -- welfare checks and government sponsored social programs - are known failures.

If Obama doesn't improve the condition of black America, will he be considered a traitor? A fake? A false prophet? Or will his most important constituency hypocritically say that everything he did was right, and that he is the saviour of the world, even if conditions within the black community continued to nose dive in his presidential term?
President Obama already won. He is attempting to improve the lot of ALL Americans, blacks will benefit because they ARE Americans. Funny how the talk of welfare and such seems to imply that the majority of blacks are using such programs, sounds a bit rac.... to me but maybe it was not meant to, jusat sounded a bit off from here.
Casper

Old 06-27-2009, 08:39 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,921,371 times
the only thing that's going to improve black america is black america themselves... but seriously I'm sick of this us and them mentality... last time I checked we're all americans...
If anything the election of obama shows that a black man can be president... and that white america is not objected to someone because of their race... I think that has been a big hangup for black america for too long.. so now it's time for biggoted racists to shut up and go hide out in their caves with their guns and few IQ points... and time for black americans to rise to the occasion, and know that what stood in the way for them so many years is breaking away... and the time of personal accountability is upon them to succeed.... as it is for everyone...

Old 06-27-2009, 08:49 AM

3,709 posts, read 4,630,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
and time for black americans to rise to the occasion, and know that what stood in the way for them so many years is breaking away... and the time of personal accountability is upon them to succeed.... as it is for everyone...
Indeed, as it is for everyone. Shocking personal accountability talk, coming from a Democrat. I'll have to rep you for that.

Old 06-27-2009, 05:12 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,949,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
the only thing that's going to improve black america is black america themselves... but seriously I'm sick of this us and them mentality... last time I checked we're all americans...
If anything the election of obama shows that a black man can be president... and that white america is not objected to someone because of their race... I think that has been a big hangup for black america for too long.. so now it's time for biggoted racists to shut up and go hide out in their caves with their guns and few IQ points... and time for black americans to rise to the occasion, and know that what stood in the way for them so many years is breaking away... and the time of personal accountability is upon them to succeed.... as it is for everyone...
Well said, Very well said.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies