Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-23-2009, 06:24 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The market was doing just fine until the bottom fell out in Sept.
How could you possibly say it was doing fine??? You call 2008 a fine year for the Wall Street?

Sept-Oct was the time when McCain and Bush were on TV convincing everyone that the economy was fundamentally sound. Remember?

That's what they said only thee days before the disaster hit the financial sector and Bush and McCain suddenly went on TV to say that if we don't pump 750 Billion dollars into bailing out the banks, we will be in another depression? McCain suspended his campaign to travel to DC to help push for the bail out and nationalization spree. And that's the guy you voted for.

Where were you at that time? Do you not remember all this?

And they sat there with Paulson and Bernake and basically nationalized the American financial and mortgage sectors. And you sit there and say that had nothing to do with the slump in the stock market????? Are you kidding me? And after that time one bank after another either fell, or was nationalized but the Bush admin. And that didn't affect the stock market??? Is that what you are saying? You sit there and look up something Obama said during the same time period and say the markets sank because of what Obama said and not because the disaster that took place in the financial sector? Yes, Obama said something every day, but it is intellectually dishonest to suggest the markets fell because of his words, and not because of the meltdown which was occurring in the financial sector.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2009, 06:26 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,246,178 times
I've posted two links here and and none of you have yet to say they are wrong, you just go on into your attack mode.

Old 02-23-2009, 06:32 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,246,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaarr View Post
Of course he doesn't .

he probably only has rush lamebrains as his source

ya know rush dopeboy limpbrain

the guy who always said the solution for dopers was to lock em up

That is till he got busted himself and went to rehab to escape jail.

then he whined about all the police investigating him AFTER HE WENT TO REHAB.

HE also wont admit that babybush caused this recession.

just like he will blame jimmy carter for the double digit inflation of 77-79

even thought jimmy inherited that rececion from nixon and ford.

or the fact it started right after vietnam ended
the war all dems blame on kennedy

even tough we entered nam in 1955 under the guise of a USO show

WHEN IKE AND NIXON RAN THE COUNTRY.

or he blames kennedy for the bay of pigs

YET THOSE TROOPS WERE TRAINED UNDER IKE AND NIXON

REPUBS never accept the blame for any mess they caused.

heck look how the stock market tanked in the first 100 days of babybush

when he allowed wholesale outsourcing

then the repubs not only said it was clinton that caused downtrend

and they Said outsourcing was good for this country

WHAT A PACK OF LIARS THESE REPUBS ARE
The Vietnam war belongs to JFK and LBJ. JFK was sending troops into Nam and LBJ sent more.

"Once Lyndon Baines Johnson assumed the presidency, he sought a way to escalate American involvement in Vietnam. The Gulf of Tonkin Incident, which occurred in August 1964, provided Johnson with the opportunity he needed to send additional troops to Vietnam."

http://www.ohiohistorycentral.org/entry.php?rec=1583

Last edited by Houston3; 02-23-2009 at 06:46 AM..

Old 02-23-2009, 06:36 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How could you possibly say it was doing fine??? You call 2008 a fine year for the Wall Street?

Sept-Oct was the time when McCain and Bush were on TV convincing everyone that the economy was fundamentally sound. Remember?

That's what they said only thee days before the disaster hit the financial sector and Bush and McCain suddenly went on TV to say that if we don't pump 750 Billion dollars into bailing out the banks, we will be in another depression? McCain suspended his campaign to travel to DC to help push for the bail out and nationalization spree. And that's the guy you voted for.

Where were you at that time? Do you not remember all this?

And they sat there with Paulson and Bernake and basically nationalized the American financial and mortgage sectors. And you sit there and say that had nothing to do with the slump in the stock market????? Are you kidding me? And after that time one bank after another either fell, or was nationalized but the Bush admin. And that didn't affect the stock market??? Is that what you are saying? You sit there and look up something Obama said during the same time period and say the markets sank because of what Obama said and not because the disaster that took place in the financial sector? Yes, Obama said something every day, but it is intellectually dishonest to suggest the markets fell because of his words, and not because of the meltdown which was occurring in the financial sector.
SSsssssssssssSssssssssHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh!!! the OP is trying to forget all of this! doncha' know! be vewy vewy quiet, the op is hunting obamas.

Old 02-23-2009, 07:34 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Welcome to the Obama era....well more bad news to come...me and many others unfortunately got it right...I wish we had to say we were wrong by not being in favor of him and him not having enough experience....

Old 02-23-2009, 10:26 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Here's how; you did happen to notice the last part of the sentence "until the bottom fell out in Sept"

BigCharts - QuickCharts

Mod cut-copyright issues

Users, click link for charts

So, yeah, I'd say it was doing pretty well.

What do you find wrong with it?

In fact, I would say after 9/11, the market had an amazing run of growth. Wouldn't you?

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 02-23-2009 at 04:24 PM..

Old 02-23-2009, 10:48 AM

3,463 posts, read 7,308,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Welcome to the Obama era....well more bad news to come...me and many others unfortunately got it right...I wish we had to say we were wrong by not being in favor of him and him not having enough experience....
I'd say Obama has zero experience! But the Dumbocrats didn't care because the fraud is their Messiah.

Usurper Barry Barack Hussein Obama Soetoro will DESTROY America!

Old 02-23-2009, 11:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Here's how; you did happen to notice the last part of the sentence "until the bottom fell out in Sept"
So it fell from 13 500 to 11 500. You call that "doing well". Two years of gains were erased and you celebrate???? And when things got even worse, you start inventing stories about how it was all caused by words of Obama's campaign speeces.

All in all it fell from 13 500 to 8 500. Congratulations Fed.

How would you rate the "Regulator and Supervisor" aka the "Money Manager" of the nation during the past 8 years? I mean the Federal Reserve System of course?

F-

Give me one reason why it should not be abolished.

Old 02-23-2009, 12:05 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,308,446 times
Great job Obama!

Old 02-23-2009, 12:07 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
So it fell from 13 500 to 11 500. You call that "doing well". Two years of gains were erased and you celebrate????
Do you believe that the stock market only goes up?

I'm not celebrating, but I am a realist and am well aware that there is risk and great reward in the stock market. If you don't realize that, you shouldn't be in it.

Over time, in the long run, it is a good investment.

From 7500 in early 2003 to over 14,000 in late 2007 - pretty good run, indeed.

I agree with you about the Fed Reserve.

They have meddled way too much in the financial sector. They are trying to prevent and stave off, and have been doing so for years, the market(s) correcting themselves, as they should do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies