Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2009, 02:09 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,974,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I don't see an exclusion for nuclear arms, either.
Wow, there's a .357 in existence which is nearly as powerful as a nuclear arm?

When we see a rocket propelled nuclear arm, I'll agree that's not something citizens should have. Additionally, you're speaking of a device causing a massive explosion, hundreds of thousands of tons of TNT worth.

Quote:
In fact, the amendment doesn't even state firearms. It states arms. Nor does it state all arms. It simply says arms. One could argue that as long as a class of arms is allowed, the right has been preserved. But I'll leave that to the Supreme Court to decide.
So a handgun inferior in power to a rifle is not included under the 2nd amendment?

Quote:
Sorry.
Apology accepted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 02:09 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Hard to bear a locked up and disassembled firearm....

Old 03-17-2009, 02:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Back to the tea party. Here is an account straight from the horse's mouth in Cincy.

'Tea Party:' Stimulus bill too steep | Cincinnati Enquirer | Cincinnati.Com

Some people were really taken for a ride:

Before the two-hour rally ended, dozens of people had lined up to buy an "Obamacard," a novelty credit card that belongs to "Neda Bailout" and is designed to "spread the wealth."

WHO was profiting from that?

"A lone Obama supporter made her way through the edge of the gated area, shouting "O-bam-a" to jeers from the crowd.

Other, less-vocal proponents of the spending plan blended in. Some passersby voiced disagreement, too."

Not quite the love-in Michelle Malkin wrote of.

There's more. The crowd was estimated at 4000 people, fewer than were hoped for (and fewer than Michelle reported by 20%).

Old 03-17-2009, 02:29 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,529,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Wow, there's a .357 in existence which is nearly as powerful as a nuclear arm?

When we see a rocket propelled nuclear arm, I'll agree that's not something citizens should have. Additionally, you're speaking of a device causing a massive explosion, hundreds of thousands of tons of TNT worth.

So a handgun inferior in power to a rifle is not included under the 2nd amendment?

Apology accepted.
Just as I expected.

voodoovoodoovoodoo

As usual, your reply flies off into la-la...er...voodoo land, with no relevance whatsoever to the post you're replying to.

voodoovoodoovoodoo

Old 03-17-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Just as I expected.

voodoovoodoovoodoo

As usual, your reply flies off into la-la...er...voodoo land, with no relevance whatsoever to the post you're replying to.

voodoovoodoovoodoo
Ah, so a handgun is nearly as powerful as a nuclear arm. Thanks for clearing that up.

Must be more of that voodoo Keynesian economics turrets syndrome kickin' in.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Hard to bear a locked up and disassembled firearm....
Does the law state that the firearm cannot, under any circumstances be assembled for use? If it does, then I agree it may be unconstitutional.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:35 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,875,929 times
Quote:
Does the law state that the firearm cannot, under any circumstances be assembled for use? If it does, then I agree it may be unconstitutional.
Look it up.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Playing transformers with your gun while bad guy is raping your wife isn't exactly what any founding father had in mind when crafting the 2nd amendment.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Look it up.
Sorry, I'm running late for work. I'd appreciate it if you could simply answer, if you know. Thanks.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Playing transformers with your gun while bad guy is raping your wife isn't exactly what any founding father had in mind when crafting the 2nd amendment.
You play with transformers? How voodoo is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies